KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Let me just tell you what I think...

Let me just tell you what I think...
Started by: cornponious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

Let me just tell you what I think...

And you know, i don't really give a flying fart if this has been covered already in this here forum, because I don't have the time any more to just sit around reading this crap all day every day like I used to. So don't give me any grief, because if you do, it will be ignored, or I may just give you the old generic flame form

So, here's what I think:

I think George Lucas made a big old shite-eating mistake when he DIDN'T make Palpatine the apprentice who killed Darth Plagueis (I don't know how it's really spelled, and this is how I'm spelling it). He also made the stupidest goofiest mistake in the history of Star Wars movies (and there are lots of them to compare to) by making Palpatine's massively aged appearance a result of his using his lightning force power for a long time on Mace Windu. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Let's face it here, Lucas missed a once-in-a-lifetime chance to write this story the way it should have been written. It is SOOOO PAINFULLY obvious how it should have happened. Let me elaborate:

Palpy is at that weird space water show with Anakin. He's stroking his ego and telling him about the sith. Then he goes into the story about Darth Plagueis and how he had the power to save lives, create life, and bring people back from the dead. He tells him how this was 1000 years ago. He tells him about how Plagueis was so short-sighted and stupid that he didn't realize that his apprentice was plotting to kill him in his sleep. Anakin's like "hmmm".

Ok, so we advance a bit and we're at the part where Windu is confronting Palpy. Palpy reveals to them that he is a sith and attacks them (we'll not mention what a LAME looking fight that was and how nobody in the production of the film seemed to care that McDiarmid looke completely stiff and nonconvincing in this fight). Anakin walks in and is all like "Hey, WTF? What's goin' on, yo?". And here's what SHOULD have happened:

Palpatine is on the floor, succumbed to Windu's superior light-saber skills, when we see Palpy suddenly grunting and groaning in horrible pain as he lets go of the control he has on his own body (using his very powerful control of the dark side of the force) which has been maintaining his body to give the illusion that he is a man in his 50's, when in fact he is over 1000 years old, frail, wrinkled, and hideous. THIS is when he would release his lightning force on Windu, hurling him out the window to his death, as the sight of Palpy transforming into this old man causes him to lose track of what he is doing.

So, it would turn out that Palpy was in fact the apprentice that killed Plagueis, and has spent all this time hiding his true self, waiting for the perfect time to use the dark side to take control of the galaxy. He also would have become so powerful in the dark side that he would have developed the ability to "create life" with the dark side of the force, and would have been the one who created Anakin from the force inside Anakin's mother, as a means to his control of the galaxy.

It's all so simple. It should have been this way. This would have been perfect. Anybody who really thinks about it knows that this is the way things should have turned out.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 03:01 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Ummmm...when did Palpy say it was 1000 years ago that Plagueis did that?

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:08 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

i don't know. Maybe he didn't. That's just what was in my head. That's what i thought it was. If it wasn't, I don't care.

smile

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 06:55 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good thought.

Still, I can do without Palpy fathering Anakin, the wrinkled face and the prophecy anyway. I think they are all needless and daft details that bear no relevance to the story. It feels like a feeble attempt to make it all very epic and mythological.

I'd have preferred Lucas had focused a bit more on the Greek tragedy side of Anakin, Padme, OB1 and Palpy.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 07:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I see the Roman references to Star Wars...but where is the Greek?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cornponious
i don't know. Maybe he didn't. That's just what was in my head. That's what i thought it was. If it wasn't, I don't care.

smile

He didn't wink

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 10:57 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The Greek???? Come on, G... Lucas based all of SW on mythology and the greatest supplyer of mythology are the ancient Greeks (quantity wise). The Romans adopted most of that.

Sometimes G, I wonder if you actually read into SW... or even watch the films. wink

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 07:20 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

mad

That's mythology though!!!! I thought you meant there were references to Greek society like there is to Romans!!!!!

I HAVE SEEN THE FILMS MANY TIMES AND READ INTO THEM!!!! grrrrrrr

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 02:25 PM
queeq
Chaos

Society??? It's not meant to be that literal. Greek thought, culture, tradition, comedies, tragedies, mythology... *sigh*

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 02:47 PM
General G
Canadian.

And yet there is Roman reference to their society, so from that, I had thought you were referring to more than Greek mythology.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 03:43 PM
queeq
Chaos

Is tehre anything more?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 07:43 AM
General G
Canadian.

Not that I can pull out of what I have learned...except that the Empire lasted less then a generation...and the Greek golden age lasted less then a generation...

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 03:04 PM
queeq
Chaos

Empire was based on Nazi Germany.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 04:55 PM
General G
Canadian.

Yes, I am aware...I was telling you similarities between Greece though.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 07:14 PM
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Originally posted by General G
mad

That's mythology though!!!! I thought you meant there were references to Greek society like there is to Romans!!!!!

I HAVE SEEN THE FILMS MANY TIMES AND READ INTO THEM!!!! grrrrrrr

lol meltdown

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 09:47 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

They harder he screams... the less we believe him.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:18 PM
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by smoker4
lol meltdown

You would too if he bothered you about it all the time too.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:54 PM
exanda kane

Queeq 1 - General G 0.

My two pounds!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:03 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: you suck...

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:12 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont know...i never cared for the immaculate conception bit in the first place.

though i hated the nonsensical way which lucas explains palp's transformation.
"d'oh i zapped myself with my own lightning...ill just keep on doing it and weakening myself...duuuuuh *fart*"

and anakin's turn to the darkside. instead of a mighty roar of rage and fury we pictured, we get a whining and crying emo bitchbaby who's only evil tasks seem to have been killing babies and strangling his wife.

it was all just a stupid story and while i still watch ep3 every now and again, i disaknowledge it as part of the saga. my mindset while i watch the PT, (while fast forwarding through the jabba's palace musical number) is the same as it was when i first saw them. which is likely pretty damn close to what lucas had REALLY intended before he got one too many whiffs of his own bullshit. (of course validated by his team of yes-men which have convinced him that its not all bullshit, but actually the smell of sweet roses).

palps didnt zap himself with lightning, he was just really really old and "unnatural". vader gave in to his hatred and anger when he turned, the same as luke almost did. there is no such ****ing thing as midichlorians. anakin had a father, and a grandfather, etc. the jedi are just normal people with extraordinary powers, and not sexless buddhist monks. anakin didnt build 3p0, his mom was not a mail-order bride. i refuse to digest garbage.

thats MY starwars. **** george lucas.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Last edited by Schecter on Feb 1st, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good post!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 08:34 AM