KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin's turn to the dark side a little rushed?

Anakin's turn to the dark side a little rushed?
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin's turn to the dark side a little rushed?

I mean, it's like this:

Anakin: Obi Wan I'm not leaving without you you're my BFF! No! I shouldn't kill Dooku he's unarmed!

Anakin: Padme, I love you and we can raise the baby without deceptions or anything I'm tired of it.

Palpatine: Jedi are just like sith.

Anakin: Palpatine, that's not true! Jedi are protectors of the peace! Sith are evil!

Palpatine: this sith dude could prevent others from dying!

Anakin: really...

Palpatine: I'm a sith lord! Join me and you'll save Padme!

Anakin: Gasp! You're evil! I wanna kill you! I'll report you to the council immediately!

Anakin: Don't kill Sidious! I need him! *cuts off Mace's hand*

Anakin: OK I'll be evil now

Sidious: Good. Now you're Vader. Go slaughter younglings.

Vader: Of course. *ruthlessly slaughters jedi*

Vader: I hate you Obi Wan even though I saved your life many times and you were the closest thing that I ever had to a father and I risked my life to save you only a few days ago!

Get it? He's good, and then turns evil FAR too quickly and without much reason. Anakin should be smarter than to listen to a sith.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Anakin was emo, nuff said.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 01:22 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

it was a process... you did watch episode II, right? although the process is kinda obscure. >>. and well... what do you expect with only 3 movies?

weirdly, though - there seemed to be no dark-side-y tendencies in clone wars (new one) for anakin...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The "process" was very badly done.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 10:11 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq

agreed. >>.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

That's the stellar writing abilities of an aging billionaire.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
That's the stellar writing abilities of an aging billionaire.

he's getting rusty.

It needs a remake. The OT is *almost* perfect as it is. well, for me its perfect already, anyway..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 04:45 PM
Kainreaver

Yeah, the prequels screwed the pooch on more than a few points. Anakins descent to the dark side being one of them. Funny Star Wars PSA here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpW_I8-jt8

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 10:35 AM
Click here to Send Kainreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Kainreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I have seen more dramatic and believable character twists in a 90 minute movie than in almost seven hours of PT Star Wars.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 07:51 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Re: Anakin's turn to the dark side a little rushed?

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I mean, it's like this:

Anakin: Obi Wan I'm not leaving without you you're my BFF! No! I shouldn't kill Dooku he's unarmed!

Anakin: Padme, I love you and we can raise the baby without deceptions or anything I'm tired of it.

Palpatine: Jedi are just like sith.

Anakin: Palpatine, that's not true! Jedi are protectors of the peace! Sith are evil!

Palpatine: this sith dude could prevent others from dying!

Anakin: really...

Palpatine: I'm a sith lord! Join me and you'll save Padme!

Anakin: Gasp! You're evil! I wanna kill you! I'll report you to the council immediately!

Anakin: Don't kill Sidious! I need him! *cuts off Mace's hand*

Anakin: OK I'll be evil now

Sidious: Good. Now you're Vader. Go slaughter younglings.

Vader: Of course. *ruthlessly slaughters jedi*

Vader: I hate you Obi Wan even though I saved your life many times and you were the closest thing that I ever had to a father and I risked my life to save you only a few days ago!

Get it? He's good, and then turns evil FAR too quickly and without much reason. Anakin should be smarter than to listen to a sith.

I think its very clear in the movies, that he only did it to save Padme, of course he doesn't believe Sidious, he only does those stuff because he thinks he needs Sidious.
The scene on Mustafar, when he kills the Separatist council and then watches the lava and a single tear comes from his eye, you can see, that he knows what he has become, what he has done, but he was willing to pay any price to save Padme.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I have seen more dramatic and believable character twists in a 90 minute movie than in almost seven hours of PT Star Wars.

Why always so hateful towards the PT?

Surely there must be something positive you must say about it?

I can think of ten:

1. Liam Neeson

2. Ewan McGregor

3. Awesome lightsaber duels

4. Awesome ground and space battles

5. Decent to amazing CGI

6. Fantastic music

7. Maintaining a used universe feel in addition to a more pristine age.

8. Jango Fett

9. Darth Maul

10. YOUR TURN!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 08:20 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really like Star Wars, and I find all of the films to be really enjoyable. This is just asking why Anakin is good and then turns bad within the next few minutes.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I love it to death. stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 09:29 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to be rude or anything, but why are you the mod for a set of movies that you don't seem to like?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 10:08 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Not to be rude or anything, but why are you the mod for a set of movies that you don't seem to like?

oh, he likes it.

sometimes it just doesn't seem that way.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 10:24 PM
sweersa

This is just asking why Anakin is good and then turns bad within the next few minutes.

I think after cutting off Mace Windu's arm and basically causing him to plummet to his death sealed the deal on him not wanting to be associated with the Jedi. That, and he felt Palpatine had the key to save Padme's life.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 11:32 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Don't forget he considered Palpatine as a mentor and a close friend. Just like Obi-Wan, he was the closest thing to a father Anakin had.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

In the movie yes, in the book NO it was done very, very well.

Too bad they didnt do it that way in the movie.

And dont pay any attention to Queeq, he's just cranky cause he misses me.

Last edited by ~JP~ on Sep 24th, 2009 at 03:35 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 03:31 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

True!

So because I like SW I cannot be disappointed about extremely bad elements. There are quite a number of good things about the PT, but the thing that I can't seem to get over is that Lucas had no limitations at all making the PT. And yet, he fails to make it a very good trilogy. The PT is all about Anakin's fall... he spends about seven hours telling that story... he makes one completely obsolete film (AOTC) and rushes the turn to the Dark Side in such a way that it loses all credibility. And this from the filmmaker that always used to say the effects were just tools in telling a story. And when he has unlimited power to make the PT, he fails at telling the story properly and submerges in a load of special effects. That's irony and a painful irony for a fan like me.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 06:34 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Agreed.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 05:24 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote