KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » RedLetterMedia's Episode II review.

RedLetterMedia's Episode II review.
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

RedLetterMedia's Episode II review.

You should watch this. It's very long but well worth it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

that guy is retarded.

Also, very boring video

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 01:40 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
that guy is retarded.

Sounds like a fanboy is mad because Episode II sucked.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Aren't we all? wink

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 03:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
that guy is retarded.

Also, very boring video

I'm sorry but your penis and by extension your right to an opinion appears to have been cancelled. Would you care to try another sexual organ?

Hilarious video btw.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm sorry but your penis and by extension your right to an opinion appears to have been cancelled. Would you care to try another sexual organ?

Hilarious video btw.

my right to an opinion is never cancelled. No, I do not require another organ

How is that video hilarious?

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 11th, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 12:49 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

How is that video hilarious?

It's insightful and witty.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 01:20 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Somebody went through all that trouble to make a review that long?

Incredible how a movie made for entertainment purposes only manages to eat away at someone.

I was disappointed with Spider-Man 3. To me, it was a mega letdown and finale to the first 2 films, which were magnificant. But, at the end of the day, it is what it is, entertainment. The fact that I didn't like Spider-Man 3 means one thing only....I didn't bother to spend my money on it, and moved on with my life. lol

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Dec 11th, 2010 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

To be honest I already knew it, but really, as harsh as this may sound, I almost enjoyed more this review then the movie itself...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Somebody went through all that trouble to make a review that long?

Incredible how a movie made for entertainment purposes only manages to eat away at someone.

I was disappointed with Spider-Man 3. To me, it was a mega letdown and finale to the first 2 films, which were magnificant. But, at the end of the day, it is what it is, entertainment. The fact that I didn't like Spider-Man 3 means one thing only....I didn't bother to spend my money on it, and moved on with my life. lol

Its called being a critic.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 12:56 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

No... actually, it's called not having a life when you have to make a 9 part series bitching because someone is looking into things a little too much.

One of his basic arguments for the movie being runied is because there's kids in it with lightsabers....uh..yeah. I guess every movie ever made with kids in it completely sucks. And what were those kids in Attack of the Clones supposed to be doing, cartwheels?

Oh well. I guess I don't have a life either if I bothered to watch the review. I'll admit, it was funny, but he looks into things way too much.

He even ripped apart Avatar...so yeah, you can basically make any film look stupid when you rant about it sounding drunk at the same time.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Jan 1st, 2011 at 01:15 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2011 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Seriously....Lucas has been so stereotyped as a fat lazy slob that cares about nothing but himself. There's no way he could just be be a filmmaker who enjoys visual story telling and makes movies as a hobby.

Honestly, you know this much is true. Take for example, Toy Story 3. That very same movie could have been directed by George Lucas and turned out exactly that way you saw it in the theaters, but because of the stereotype associated with Lucas, that film would be loathed instead of loved. I could see the comments now...

"A Spanish dancing Buzz???? A fat pink bear as the Villian??? A Barbie and Ken love story!!???? A weird clown dude and a character named Pricklepants?????? Dear goodness, Lucas sure knows how to ruin my childhood."

Oh but no...those things were all o.k because the credits said "Directed by Lee Unkrich."

Just look at Indiana Jones for crying out loud. 1-3 were great...and who gets praised and credited for that? Oh, Steven Speilberg! The 4th one wasn't quite up to par....so who get's blamed for that....oh, not Steven...it was....it was....Geroge Lucas!!! Shame on you.

I'll just pretend that it wasn't Steven's choice to shoot the Mayan crap in front of a green screen rather than on location because he wanted to be closer to his family. I'll blame it on George instead. Aliens. Ha! Who makes a movie about Aliens anyway? No film has ever been made about Ailens before! Crazy Lucas!

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Jan 1st, 2011 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2011 01:45 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well, yeah you're right. Spielberg is as much to blame as Lucas on Indy 4...

However, Indy 4 is much more along the lines of the SW prequels than it is to movies like Munich, Catch me if You Can, The Terminal. (Okay, there was War of th Worlds as well... ;-). But surely, Spielberg has shown himself to be more versatile in his last 4 flicks than Lucas. And Indy movies were always very much Lucas' films as well...

So I do blame Lucas mostly, and Spielberg for going along so (apparantly) easy.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 08:49 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

i think mebbe jedi robbin and Sith Master X missed the point. Its a comedy piece. And hilarious. How can you not find that funny?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 05:52 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by truejedi
i think mebbe jedi robbin and Sith Master X missed the point. Its a comedy piece. And hilarious. How can you not find that funny?

Bingo.

Not to mention him "not having a life" and making these reviews, is making him MONEY. The crew from Red Letter Media now have a weekly review show with MTV, all thanks to the popularity of their Star Wars reviews.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 06:01 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How cool... well, he succeeded I guess.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 07:16 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I've stated several times I thought it was funny, yes...but overally necessary? No. He might be making money now...but he sure as hell isn't making money for taking copyrighted material from LucasFilm.

I get that these movies generate discussion both positive and negative...but my god, the extent people go to to second guess everything down to the smallest of details makes me wonder what happened to people being able to suspend their belief a little bit when watching a "movie." Something that's not real.

A fair amount of those reviews is comedy, yes. I was smart enough to pick up on that. Also, an equal amount of that review was pointless b***tching.

But I just don't really know what to say anymore. It's not worth it and I really don't have the energy for it.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Mar 18th, 2011 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 01:45 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
No... actually, it's called not having a life when you have to make a 9 part series bitching because someone is looking into things a little too much.

And again, he is a critic as well as a comedian. He makes money from this, entertains thousands of people and has fun doing it. The hell is wrong with that? And how is it more pathetic then say, bitching about it on an internet forum?

quote:

One of his basic arguments for the movie being runied is because there's kids in it with lightsabers....uh..yeah. I guess every movie ever made with kids in it completely sucks. And what were those kids in Attack of the Clones supposed to be doing, cartwheels?

As he mentioned in his review, it takes away from the majesty and impressivness of a lightsaber if you have 5 year old kids wielding them. A lightsaber was supposed to be a weapon, not a kids toy (though that didn't stop Lucas from sellig them as such).

quote:
I've stated several times I thought it was funny, yes...but overally necessary? No. He might be making money now...but he sure as hell isn't making money for taking copyrighted material from LucasFilm.

Except he's protected by parody laws as well as whatever anyone else is every time they make a review on anything ever.

quote:
A fair amount of those reviews is comedy, yes. I was smart enough to pick up on that. Also, an equal amount of that review was pointless b***tching.

Not really. There is some pointless bitching, but mostly he brings up intelligent points and questions imo.

Last edited by Nephthys on Mar 18th, 2011 at 02:43 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 02:35 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, I agree. He uses the b!tching to hammer his points home. And for comedic purposes of course. But the main drift of his analysis demonstrate a good insight in storytelling and the storytelling flaws of the PT.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 09:44 AM