KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » episode 1 3D!!

episode 1 3D!!
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

episode 1 3D!!

it will be out on Feb. 10,2012

even if it wasn't in 3D i would still go see it again.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2011 05:15 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Can't wait! TPM rocks.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2011 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

it's my favorite next to ESB

Old Post Mar 4th, 2011 07:41 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It doesn't rock, but it may be worthwhile in 3D.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 11:12 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I was 9 years old when I saw TPM on the big screen... It will be great to relive part of the experience I had back then...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

I doubt I will pay for that. Maybe this way GL decides do to do something new and original once again.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

as much as i love the star wrs films i will not be seeing this..

3 d disgusts me

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 09:43 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Now now... What a thing to say.

I doubt GL will do anything new. It just depends how they handel the digital elements in TPM really... Will they make it work like it did in Avatar? Or more like the kinda not working 3D in Alice in Wonderland or Tron?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 11:18 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

IMO 3D on TRON was damn fine!

I'll be seeing this on day one

I'm worry about it though, 2D to 3D conversion have been shoddy at best (Last Airbender, Alice)

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 04:52 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Sweet, 3D

Cant wait to empty my pockets to Lucas once again

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 08:08 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What was 3D about Tron Legacy???? I saw it in 3D in the IMAX theatre. Can't watch it in a better place. Yet, it didn't look very 3Dish... in fact... it looked like very decent 2D....

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 11:09 AM
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
as much as i love the star wrs films i will not be seeing this..

3 d disgusts me

I'm not that fussy for 3d either and to tell the truth I can't really see it to well cause I have a lazy eye, unless the stuff is actually coming out of the screen. Like the floaty things in avatar, but for me tron had more things come out of the screen than avatar. And I will still see star wars in 3d just to see it on the big screen again!!!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 03:34 PM
queeq
Chaos

Me too prolly.

I didn't see anything coming out of the screen. Only the opening fly shot through the buildings had a 3D effect.

And it's not about things coming out of the screen. Avatar looked 3D, it really did. They effect of 3D is lost when lenses are used that create a limited depth of field. For 3D to really work everything in the shot should be in focus. 3D will create depth, not focus. They did that very well in Avatar, they didn't do it in Alice in Wonderland (but that wasn't originally intended to be 3D) and they certainly didn't do it in Tron where everything is animated, so they have full control over focus of backgroudn and foregrounds... And yet... they limited the depth of dield of the shots...

They just didn't study 3D enough,. Cameron did.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 07:28 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by S_D_J
IMO 3D on TRON was damn fine!

I'll be seeing this on day one

I'm worry about it though, 2D to 3D conversion have been shoddy at best (Last Airbender, Alice)

Tron Legacy was made with 3D in mind, Star Wars wasn't. 2D to 3D conversions are usually absolute shit.

I can't wait to see Jar Jar's tongue coming at me in 3D!!!

PASS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 08:15 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I agree, Ive seen several of the films that were supposed #D and really only Avatar and Tangled to a certain extent gave me that 3D feeling, the rest were crap. Altho I suppose if anyone can convery a film to 3d with successful results I imagine its gonna be Lucas Films & ILM.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 08:15 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Exactly.

I guess the PT shouldn't be too hard, most of the backgrounds and sets are CGI anyway, you can layer them anyway you want.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 05:25 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Exactly. The CG and background environments are on one layer, while the actors have been pasted onto it in a separate one.

Either way, it'll be nice to have SW back on the big screen. Even to those of you swearing you're not going....you know you will. wink

I'm just hoping now that enough time has passed and the craze has died down, perhaps people will be able to go back to these movies with their expectations in check and see that they aren't nearly the horrific films they were made out to be.

I also love people's reasoning for why the PT sucked. Bad acting, bad dialogue....too much CGI...then you ask them which one was the worst? "Oh, TPM...cause Jar Jar was the worstesest character ever."
But in reality, TPM had the least amount of CGI...the best acting, and the best dialogue of the 3 prequels....and probably felt the closest to all of the originals.

Wierd why people think it's the worst one. I think it's just because a lot of people are shallow minded and let the fact that they didn't like something about it (midichilorians) ruin their entire experience to the point where they can't even see any of the good behind it. Sad. sad

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Mar 8th, 2011 at 07:30 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

What I don't get is this plan to only release one film a year in 3D.

When the 20th Anniversary happened we got all three of the OT films released between January & March 1997.
Is there that much of a demand for 3D screens that they can't schedule in all six films in one year?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 08:34 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I imagine it's based on the sheer amount of time and work its going to convert 1 film let alone 6.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 11:55 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And money. Now people may and go see each movie more than once.

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I also love people's reasoning for why the PT sucked. Bad acting, bad dialogue....too much CGI...then you ask them which one was the worst? "Oh, TPM...cause Jar Jar was the worstesest character ever."
But in reality, TPM had the least amount of CGI...the best acting, and the best dialogue of the 3 prequels....and probably felt the closest to all of the originals.

Wierd why people think it's the worst one. I think it's just because a lot of people are shallow minded and let the fact that they didn't like something about it (midichilorians) ruin their entire experience to the point where they can't even see any of the good behind it. Sad. sad

You forget that it's alos quite boring, it's about taxes and senate debates and stuff. The plot is rather muddled and it shows an extraordinarily wooden performance by Liam Neeson.

But it's not the worst one. AOTC is. But I am sure that one will look great in 3D. However... a 3D Shaak is not really something I look forward to, with that big butt sticking out to the audience...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2011 08:23 AM