KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars will lose it's relevancy in our lifetime

Star Wars will lose it's relevancy in our lifetime
Started by: Zabrak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zabrak

Star Wars will lose it's relevancy in our lifetime

people will lose interest if there's nothing worth being interested in

i can't believe he dropped the ball on the prequels man. another 3 classic star wars films?
wow that would have boosted it's relevancy for another three generations EASILY

think of all the characters, weapons, planets, scenes, lines...all the classic top tier **** that was in the classic films. That's the stuff that's been constantly referenced in pop culture and in conversation since the franchise debuted in '77

there's basically none of that in the prequels. So, less pop culture will spawn off the newer ****, and that means less people will be familiar with star wars. people can't just live off the original three films forever. It's not something that's easy to enjoy like the Beatles catalog or something. Film is entirely different.

God, it's insane. I hope he tries again with three other films, this time with competent top tier directors.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 12:52 PM
Click here to Send Zabrak a Private Message Find more posts by Zabrak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Can't say that Star Wars has ever had any real relevancy in my life.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 02:19 PM
Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Star Wars has never really had any relevacy.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 05:26 PM
Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

KMC has already lost its relevancy... that's a much bigger problem!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Impediment is online now!

I still maintain that the Rebel Alliance was a terrorist organization. Its all about who's perspective you look at while watching these films.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I still maintain that the Rebel Alliance was a terrorist organization. Its all about who's perspective you look at while watching these films.

I completely agree.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Would you consider the Continental Congress and Washington a terrorist? They were fighting for their freedom to abolish unjust rule.

The Empire was a galaxy-wide tyranny under the dictatorship of Palpatine. The Imperial Senate was disbanded and the Death Star was built in order to keep every star system in check. I don't think the colloquial usage of terrorism would make sense to describe the Rebel Alliance.

And Star Wars will never lose relevancy. The Force, Yoda, Darth Vader, "I am your father", Stormtroopers, John William's iconic music, etc. will always withstand.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:24 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Korto Vos
Would you consider the Continental Congress and Washington a terrorist? They were fighting for their freedom to abolish unjust rule.

The Empire was a galaxy-wide tyranny under the dictatorship of Palpatine. The Imperial Senate was disbanded and the Death Star was built in order to keep every star system in check. I don't think the colloquial usage of terrorism would make sense to describe the Rebel Alliance.

I disagree, Korto. I truly believe that the "righteousness" of the Rebel Alliance was all based upon perspective.

Grand Moff Tarkin destroyed Alderaan and killed millions, yes, but how many innocents died on the two Death Stars?

All because of a rogue military faction that deemed the Empire "evil".

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Lies.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:27 PM
Impediment
Endless

I speak no lies.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:32 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I disagree, Korto. I truly believe that the "righteousness" of the Rebel Alliance was all based upon perspective.

Grand Moff Tarkin destroyed Alderaan and killed millions, yes, but how many innocents died on the two Death Stars?

All because of a rogue military faction that deemed the Empire "evil".

If you're not with us you're against us.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:44 PM
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

I just re-watched all the Star wars movies and i have to say that the senate and people got what they deserved by being petty and bureaucratic rather then dealing with actual concerns of the people.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You could say the same thing about America's government.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:56 PM
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

You could say the same thing about America's government.
I do all the time. It is how real world government and politics became relevant to me which gave me an understanding of how faulty the system was. The school would have done a better job at educating me if they showed Star Wars senate scenes rather then boring books on government.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

None. Every Imperial=Evil. Fact. Even Todd, the janitor.

Star Wars will lose its cultural significance around the end of the 21st century. Lucas will die and copyright doors will open wide, flooding the various markets with new Star Wars crap. Within 80 years the last of the current generation of fans will have died off, and their children will have moved on to newer, cooler franchises of the day. 2090--gonna be a good year.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
None. Every Imperial=Evil. Fact. Even Todd, the janitor.

So Lunch Lady Doris, who worked in one of the many, many cafeterias on the Death Star was evil? She made "evil meatloaf"?

Nah, I don't buy it.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 12:08 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So Lunch Lady Doris, who worked in one of the many, many cafeterias on the Death Star was evil? She made "evil meatloaf"?

Nah, I don't buy it.
The Star Wars EU features a book detailing how the Empire contracted out to bartenders, chefs, and common bouncers to work in the Death Star off-duty lounges.

All dead.

But through their sacrifice, they're with Allah the Force, now.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm still drawn to the "Clerks" speech where the roofer guy says, "A roofer listens to this (points to his heart), not his wallet."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 12:14 AM
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

I actually think that if someone is part of the war machine complex they are fair game as a target from: Dorah the lunch lady to Bob the mechanic and Jose the Laborer.

I dont really see the Empire as Evil as they seemed more like order and stability to the galaxy. although how the emperor came to power was criminal but so long as he took care of the citizens with standard living and basics, I actually prefer the Empire over the Rebel Alliance.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 12:16 AM