KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Mace Windu Lives!

Did Mace Windu Die in Ep 3?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 5 62.50%
No 3 37.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mace Windu Lives!
Started by: nlbite

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nlbite

Mace Windu Lives!

I remember reading an old thread in this forum debating whether or not Mace Windu really did die in Episode 3. That just happened to be the topic of a fan fiction script I wrote titled 'Star Wars: The Search for Windu'. In it I suggest an alternate theory as to what happened to Mace as well as the story of how he got involved again in the fight against the Empire. Spoiler Alert: He meets up with Luke Skywalker between Empire and Return of the Jedi.

If you feel like giving the 24 page script a read... check it out. Just go to wattpad.com and look up Star Wars: The Search for Windu.

We're also looking to have this story made into a non-profit graphic novel to be posted and shared on the web for free. More details on that to come in the future.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 09:38 AM
Click here to Send nlbite a Private Message Find more posts by nlbite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I hold to this theory too even now and vehemently fight any claim from anyone that he perished! Had they shown a scene with him landing on a building, burnt and obviously dead then fair enough but from what we know of the Jedi and their powers...off screen deaths don't really work for me in that regard. I needed to see it to believe it.

I tried to write a fan-fic with regard to MW surviving but I lost the enthusiasm. I kind of get bored with writing, I always feel like it's not going anywhere and just give up.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nlbite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I hold to this theory too even now and vehemently fight any claim from anyone that he perished! Had they shown a scene with him landing on a building, burnt and obviously dead then fair enough but from what we know of the Jedi and their powers...off screen deaths don't really work for me in that regard. I needed to see it to believe it.

I tried to write a fan-fic with regard to MW surviving but I lost the enthusiasm. I kind of get bored with writing, I always feel like it's not going anywhere and just give up.

Thanks for the reply. I felt the same way. I mean how many Jedi survived being hit with force lightning? Having their arms cut off? Falling from obscene heights? Mace was the head of the Jedi Council and therefor probably the most skilled Jedi alive second only to Yoda. I have no doubt he could have survived.

And I totally understand the difficulty of finishing writing projects. I was lucky with this project in that I was driven not only to address the issue of Mace's probable survival but to take on another issue I have with the Star Wars saga. I don't wanna reveal too much of the story.. but I wanted to explain how Luke goes from a Jedi pupil who gets beaten by Vader in Empire to a skilled jedi in the beginning of Return of the Jedi.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 05:51 PM
Click here to Send nlbite a Private Message Find more posts by nlbite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by nlbite
Thanks for the reply. I felt the same way. I mean how many Jedi survived being hit with force lightning? Having their arms cut off? Falling from obscene heights? Mace was the head of the Jedi Council and therefor probably the most skilled Jedi alive second only to Yoda. I have no doubt he could have survived.

And I totally understand the difficulty of finishing writing projects. I was lucky with this project in that I was driven not only to address the issue of Mace's probable survival but to take on another issue I have with the Star Wars saga. I don't wanna reveal too much of the story.. but I wanted to explain how Luke goes from a Jedi pupil who gets beaten by Vader in Empire to a skilled jedi in the beginning of Return of the Jedi.

Exactly, they go through some pretty heavy damage so I figured if he used the Force to arrest his fall somehow then he could be plausibly helped by a concerned citizen afterwards. Even the Emperor took some deflected damage that permanently altered his face, Luke also took a heavy barrage (had some problems in the EU afterwards I believe but still survived).

I think back to AOTC and the way Anakin was Force jumping all over the air traffic chasing the assassin and Yoda's battle with Palpatine in ROTS, especially how they were moving from pod to pod with no effort. Even though severely injured his will to survive would still have been strong, especially with the Sith rising up.

Yeah, well I read a lot of books but don't really think too far ahead when I've tried to write and most of it comes out through improvisation and it's all based on momentum. When I lose that the story falls to pieces and I leave it. I can write good short sequences I feel but can't sustain it into a large project through mostly doubt that it's any good. That's when I go back to drawing which comes more naturally for me.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I hope he survived! I have hope, but he most likely died.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 01:58 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Logic alone, if he survived the lighting/fall, he died before ANH during the time Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 05:22 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Logic alone, if he survived the lighting/fall, he died before ANH during the time Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi

He could have gone into hiding like Obi-Wan or Yoda did.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 02:46 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Is this a revival of the conspiracy theory that Mace got plastic surgery, an artificial hand and became Lando Calrissian? wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 03:56 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by roughrider
Is this a revival of the conspiracy theory that Mace got plastic surgery, an artificial hand and became Lando Calrissian? wink

I've never come across that theory, that's way out!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 01:54 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

He has a point. Mace windu being alive thoery is so far fetched, that you can make up anything

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 02:49 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

As far fetched as bringing back Maul from the dead with mechanical legs... Who would think that up? wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 06:42 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by JediRobin23
He has a point. Mace windu being alive thoery is so far fetched, that you can make up anything

It's not far fetched at all if you'd read my earlier posts on how other characters have survived many horrible injuries/situations. Anakin alone had - let me see - lost his hand previously (a recurring trend in SW), then in ROTS both his legs and survived being burnt to a crisp in lava with no hint that he was going to perish at all and upon getting help (which was far from instant) he survived.

Mace had a hand cut off (as have many in SW, they survived), he was shocked with Sith Lightning (as has Luke and he survived), sure both together is heavy punishment but so is being burned alive by lava with both of your legs cut off.

You see when the The Emperor gets chucked down the shaft in ROTJ, there's an explosion of some kind which gives the impression he's been killed by it. With Mace's 'death' theres nothing, just a weak propulsion out of a smashed window, which for a Jedi, who are capable of levitation and manipulating gravity is nothing. Luke survived that fall in ESB with his hand only recently been cut off so there's another example.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 04:43 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
As far fetched as bringing back Maul from the dead with mechanical legs... Who would think that up? wink

SuperShadow did. I'm not joking! big grin

Maybe he was legit after all. Hehe.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 11:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Mace is indeed alive.. due ti sith sorcery he has become Nick Fury, Head of S.H.I.E.L.D.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 03:19 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I guess until some comic or novel depicts a scene where Mace's body hits the pavement on Coruscant, this theory will continue to be out there.
It's up to Uncle George. It was several years after ROTJ that he finally said Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc Pit. Soooo...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 03:11 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Then this should be EU

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 11:19 PM
queeq
Chaos

It already is.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 06:06 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
It already is.

Really? I'd love to check that out.

I heard he had his arm reattached, then grew a mustache and became an administrator for some place around Bespin.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 04:56 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I always thought he was hit by one of those speeding cars on his way down.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 05:13 PM
Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Thoren
I always thought he was hit by one of those speeding cars on his way down.

He would have to have been really unlucky for that to happen. In all seriousness he falls sort of below the shattered window so it's unclear for me. Personally I think he made it.

I mean, with the Force he could very easily get help either with or without the use of suggestion, Palpatine's order wouldn't have come through that fast to capture/kill the Jedi. The public didn't really know anything until his political address so, although damaged he would have time to get off-world if he ditched the robes.

I draw the line at him landing in a bacta tank factory, even I wouldn't go there. big grin

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 07:46 PM