KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » YODA Vs. YODA

YODA Vs. YODA
Started by: GordonSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

YODA Vs. YODA

Now that we have seen ATTACK OF THE CLONES reach new heights of digital transfer,let us discuss a new and fun topic concerning Jedi Master Yoda. Who among you like the new digitalised look and which among you are more fond of the original 'puppet look' in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and (briefly) RETURN OF THE JEDI? I am more fond of Yoda as he appeared in ESB.. I liked his sabre fight with Dooku at the end of CLONES, however.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 10:20 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

I think the digital Yoda looks way better, but I like
old yoda better because he looks more real.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 10:38 PM
Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

digital yoda so much betterbig grin, he could do all these cool tricks that puppet yoda couldn't, he'd rape his asslaughing out loudjk.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes, well I still prefer the original.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 03:05 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I grew up with the original so thats my benchmark for any other Yoda's, hence I thought the Yoda in Ep.I was awful, but the Yoda in Ep.II was much better, plus he can do so much more as CGI.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 03:37 PM
Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

All he really did in TPM was sit in the council chambers. He had that lightsabre thing going for him at the end of AOTC though.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 04:02 PM
Julie
The Student

very profound thought...Aotc is cool

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2003 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes thank you...thank you...take my bows.... Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2003 04:28 AM
finti

I go for the ESB look, kind of though to make him fight in AOTC that way but even so....

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 11:00 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I liked how Yoda acted when he first met Luke in ESB. His sarcastic remarks were so funny."How you get so big, eating food like this?" laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 01:00 PM
Julie
The Student

yeah this younger yoda is so much more serious...I guess living on Dagobah brings out the bright ...or sarcastic side

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

It would be much easier if there were just a real life yoda out there.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yeah....but then poor Frank OZ would be totally out of the honorable job....even though that pretty much happened

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 03:58 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

There is a definite contrast in his behavior during the prequel and classic eras,I feel. I first saw Yoda when ESB came on HBO during the late-eighties when I was a preteen. His performance in that blew me away as it gives us more of Yoda then in the other two films of the original series. And it is hilarious to watch him and young Luke Skywalker interact.

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Apr 26th, 2003 at 04:02 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 03:59 AM
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

Very well said Gordon.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yes....
but the funny yoda didn't whip out a lightsaber and jump around:-)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 04:10 AM
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

yes but that wasnt really the real yoda fighting.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 04:13 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, rather obviously ESB gives more of Yoda than ANH, comparing to the other two original trilogy films...

Are you saying you don't see the prequel Yoda as the 'real' one, Cookies?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 10:53 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

Not in the flesh. Or whatever!?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 04:38 PM