KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » [CONFIRMED UNTRUE] Zack Snyder Developing Star Wars Film Outside the New Trilogy

[CONFIRMED UNTRUE] Zack Snyder Developing Star Wars Film Outside the New Trilogy
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shocked Zack Snyder Developing Star Wars Film Outside the New Trilogy

or so the story goes:

quote:
As Zack Snyder is busy finishing a film in the DC Universe, news has now been revealed he’ll move over to the Star Wars universe soon after. Though the director of 300 and Watchmen won’t be directing Star Wars Episode VII, Vulture reports he’s quietly developing a standalone Star Wars film inspired by Akira Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai. His film would featuring a group of Jedi warriors going on a mission. Read more after the jump.

Vulture reported on this surprising, and interesting development.

According to their sources, Snyder’s film will not be a numbered Star Wars episode and would be made sometime after Star Wars Episode VII. It would also take place in that timeline, post-Return of the Jedi. This marks the third name rumored to be working on a Star Wars film that is not one of the traditional stories. (Simon Kinberg and Lawrence Kasdan before him.) Meanwhile, we still don’t have a director named for Episode VII.

Of course, LucasFilm wouldn’t confirm to Vulture that this Snyder news is true, but the site wouldn’t report this unless they had a pretty good source. Disney CEO Bob Iger did say they wanted to release a new Star Wars film every two years after Episode VII, and it seems like the depth of that statement is still far from being understood.

In Star Wars Episode IV, Obi-Wan Kenobi first described the Jedi as almost samurai type warriors with their lightsabers. (George Lucas has always acknowledged the Kurosawa influence on Star Wars, too, with The Hidden Fortress being a particular inspiration.)

And while the prequel trilogy gave only a glimpse of that Jedi past, the Clone Wars cartoon has been much more specific about showing the Jedi in their element. If this is all true, it’ll be interesting to see not only a group of Jedi on the prowl, but how the Jedi order has been rebuilt after the events of Return of the Jedi. Will that be something that takes place in Episode VII? How will the two relate?

This is happening friends. Star Wars is about to get bigger than we’d ever expected. What do you think about an officially licensed, Zack Snyder directed samurai Star Wars movie?

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack...-wars-film.html

seven samurai, but with jedi. ok, im interested.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 09:20 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

you mad queeq?

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 09:35 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"standalone Star Wars film inspired by Akira Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai. His film would featuring a group of Jedi warriors going on a mission. "

Sounds dope.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok then.
quote:
UPDATE: Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Snyder’s people released the following statement:

"While he is super flattered because he is a huge fan, Zack is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars. He is currently in post on his two films, Man of Steel and 300: Battle of Artemisia."

http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-snyde...lm/#more-156242

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 11:30 PM
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
"standalone Star Wars film inspired by Akira Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai. His film would featuring a group of Jedi warriors going on a mission. "

Sounds dope.

I'd watch it.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Robtard

Sounds dope.
Like Kurosawa, he makes mad films. Kay I don't make films. But if I did they'd have a Jedi.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 02:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by focus4chumps
ok then.

http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-snyde...lm/#more-156242

You bursted their bubbles.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 03:42 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Which is good news. No Zack Snyder please.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 08:21 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by queeq
Which is good news. No Zack Snyder please.

If it was true, you'd still have the option of not watching this stand alone film.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

While Snyder would not be the best option a film like the one suggested would be great to see.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 12:58 AM
Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok so this topic turned out to be an irrelevant embarrassment. thanks internet!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 02:19 AM
queeq
Chaos

Isn't that what people do on internet? wink

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 09:02 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

damnit do your job and close the thread.

don't make me file a complaint.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 10:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

File away! If that makes you feel better.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 09:59 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm reporting this thread and the creator for being made of fails.

Reporting Queeg too, for being a callous dick.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 06:18 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

...and im reporting you since you refuse to cease your PM solicitations for anal play.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 06:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

There's nothing in the EUL stating that's not allowed. So suck it.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 08:24 PM
queeq
Chaos

And now both Robtard and Focus receive a well deserved warning for abusive use of language.

We are not in your home here. Everyone can contribute what he wants. If you start dictating what the rules should be or if you insist on calling names, please leave. You are not obliged to come here.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2013 12:18 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

abusive use of language? hey, my bad entirely. i didnt realize your sense of humor passed away. my condolences.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2013 03:02 PM
queeq
Chaos

More clever sarcasm? Make a joke and I'll laugh.

Originally posted by focus4chumps
...and im reporting you since you refuse to cease your PM solicitations for anal play.

Where is the joke is this one, apart from an apparent attempt at abusive language?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2013 04:08 PM