KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Imperial Army Formation

Imperial Army Formation
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jmoul

Imperial Army Formation

Ever since I first saw Episode III, I have wondered about Palpatine's decision on what the army of the Empire was to be. My thought is that, since he had both the droid and clone armies, he could have easily combined the two into a single army which would have been far superior to that of the Rebel Alliance (although he hadn't foreseen any rebellion when he came to power).

Aside from remaining in line with the OT, for what reason did Palpatine not include droids in the Imperial Army?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:26 AM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

they needed a lot of scrap metal to build the death star

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:45 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Vader deactivated the droids at the end of the Clone Wars so that the Separatists (who never knew they were pawns of the Sith, and would not have bowed to the Empire if they had the choice) would cease to exist as a possible obstruction to the new Galactic Empire. As for why he never used droids en masse again...well, I imagine it's because it's much easier to reprogram a battle droid than it is to deindoctrinate a storm trooper.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

He could have reprogrammed the droids to serve under the stormtroopers, if for no other reason than to increase the numbers in his army. Also, the Seperatists knew they were serving the Sith, as they were regularly contacting Sidious when he had made decisions for them, as well as being led by Dooku, and he practically told them time and time again that he was a Sith.

Now whether they knew they were merely being used as pawns is up for debate, but if they knew even the slightest thing about the Sith, the Seperatist Leaders would have realized that Sidious was really using them for his own gain.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 05:01 AM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emi~Kiro
Duchess Nukem

Battle Droids were villainized and despised by those who suffered during the war so I would imagine integrating them into a already functioning and well trained army might end with more cons than pros. Also they seemed pretty incompetent compared to clone troops.

Also the comment above about the separatist and their lack of knowledge that they were pawns and wouldn't want to help or see their armies fall under the control of those they sought to destroy.

I am Omega. :3

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 06:04 AM
Click here to Send Emi~Kiro a Private Message Find more posts by Emi~Kiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Also they seemed pretty incompetent compared to clone troops.

speaking of which, i have my own theory that between eps 3 and 4 the rebels infiltrated the cloning facilities and gave them an extra chromosome.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 01:12 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by focus4chumps
speaking of which, i have my own theory that between eps 3 and 4 the rebels infiltrated the cloning facilities and gave them an extra chromosome.

Took me a second there laughing

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 01:23 PM
Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

Battle Droids were villainized and despised by those who suffered during the war so I would imagine integrating them into a already functioning and well trained army might end with more cons than pros. Also they seemed pretty incompetent compared to clone troops.

This is good. We see how "everyday" people have come to hate droids by episode IV when they aren't allowed in the cantina and sort of shunned in general.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

That's a good point kickball, we see that some of the hostility towards droids could be because of the Clone Wars

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth C'baoth

Also the comment above about the separatist and their lack of knowledge that they were pawns and wouldn't want to help or see their armies fall under the control of those they sought to destroy.

its the same reason the new republic didn't start uses stormtrooper armor after taking over. the armor would have helped the new military but it was to trumatic for the galaxy after the empire

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth C'baoth a Private Message Find more posts by Darth C'baoth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, I have to say there was one good plot point about the PT but it was executed poorly. I don't think Palpy wanted to combine the armies. The whole idea was this:
thourgh Tyranus he had the TF with the droids, the Techno Union with the Super Battle Droids and the Banking Clan all join the separatists. With a Clone Army Palpy would then wipe out the separatists and destroy all major power houses in the universe and the forces they used to protect themselves: banks, trade, technology... and he would then be master of all.

So there was no villainization of anything. There was just Palpy pulling al the strings, prepping unlimited imperial power for himself.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 02:40 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Done right that could have been an interesting plot thread. But nope.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Palpatine used the separatists to create a war. With a clone army, started ahead of time(btw), he had enough troops in lieu with the republic support(and perhaps Jedi) to win the war against the separatists

That was the hole idea of the story....

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 11:34 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, that and the destruction of all major power houses. And by doing so wiping out any other form of military other than his own clone army. This way Palpy would control all economical power and all military power (both in technological control as in pure fight force).

But then again, this is so complex that it hardly fits SW... hehehe

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 10:32 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote