KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Things you hate about the prequals

Things you hate about the prequals
Started by: PTforthewin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Things you hate about the prequals

The fact that there is no super tactical droids or commando droids

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 04:00 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

apart from some palpatine and dueling scenes...pretty much the whole thing.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 04:18 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Well the palpatine vs windy duel could have been a lot better....except for the lightning messing palpatine up scene. Man I can't believe that was almost 10 years ago

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 10:09 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I was thinking the same thing about it almost being 10 years old the other day, hardly seems like a day has passed.

What I didn't like? Well I really think they used way too much CGI, and in my opinion I thought the dialogue was just awful...oh and I didn't like Jar Jar very much. God was he annoying!

Did anyone notice how when Padme fell out of the ship she told the clone trooper "we've got to get to that hanger." How did she know Anakin & Obi-Wan landed in a hanger? Is she maybe force sensitive or was this just another gaping plot-hole devised by Uncle George?

I swear that guy has zero right breathing the same air as I do.

I like George.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

The political plot, Palpatine's rise to power is the only thing I really enjoy about them. Maybe someday I'll do some edition of a single "flashback" episode to see it before the OT, with a little documental-like minutes about the war, and the nice way Palpatine uses everyone.
But I would love to do it with phisical film, not on a Hard disk, to get the satisfaction to cut and then step over the Annakin and jarjar parts.

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 05:40 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Especially the JarJar parts… wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 05:20 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beedubaya

I don't hate the prequels like a lot of people seem to. I enjoyed them all in the theater and actually thought Revenge of the Sith was almost on par with the OT. However, there are a few things that really bug me about them

1. Of course Jar Jar Binks. He shouldn't have been in the movies period. Comic relief should be both likable and funny like C-3PO was. Jar Jar is neither.

2. Anakin accidentally destroying a Federation starship at the end of Episode I. In fact, Jake "TurboMan" Lloyd should have never been cast in that role. I didn't have any issues with Haydn Christiansen.

3. The constant, forced cramming of OT elements that were not essential to the story being told in the PT. We didn't need to see Chewbacca on Kashyyyk, or a young Greedo, or know that Boba Fett was a clone of Jengo Fett. We didn't need to know that Anakin built C-3PO. We didn't need to see the early plans for the Death Star on Geonosis or even the beginning stages of construction in Episode 3. This, in my opinion, was the absolute biggest flaw in the prequel trilogy.

Last edited by beedubaya on Jul 8th, 2014 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 05:48 PM
Click here to Send beedubaya a Private Message Find more posts by beedubaya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That's it? 3 things? What sort of food do you eat that makes you forgiving of cinematic sewage?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 07:05 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jar Jar is a comedic genius! What's wrong with y'all?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 08:18 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errr....

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 02:31 PM
EnterLordVader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Joker aren't you 14?

"From my point of view the jedi are evil!"

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 04:40 PM
Click here to Send EnterLordVader a Private Message Find more posts by EnterLordVader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beedubaya

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That's it? 3 things? What sort of food do you eat that makes you forgiving of cinematic sewage?

Cinematic sewage is a matter of opinion.

The three things I listed were the biggest, glaring flaws in the prequels in my opinion. Of course there are other problems with them. They aren't perfect movies. The original trilogy isn't perfect either. There are multiple cringe-worthy moments in A New Hope.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 06:23 PM
Click here to Send beedubaya a Private Message Find more posts by beedubaya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by beedubaya
I don't hate the prequels like a lot of people seem to. I enjoyed them all in the theater and actually thought Revenge of the Sith was almost on par with the OT. However, there are a few things that really bug me about them

1. Of course Jar Jar Binks. He shouldn't have been in the movies period. Comic relief should be both likable and funny like C-3PO was. Jar Jar is neither.

2. Anakin accidentally destroying a Federation starship at the end of Episode I. In fact, Jake "TurboMan" Lloyd should have never been cast in that role. I didn't have any issues with Haydn Christiansen.

3. The constant, forced cramming of OT elements that were not essential to the story being told in the PT. We didn't need to see Chewbacca on Kashyyyk, or a young Greedo, or know that Boba Fett was a clone of Jengo Fett. We didn't need to know that Anakin built C-3PO. We didn't need to see the early plans for the Death Star on Geonosis or even the beginning stages of construction in Episode 3. This, in my opinion, was the absolute biggest flaw in the prequel trilogy.

I agree with some of these points. I cut jar jar some slack as I ignored him and focused on the rest of the movie. However, I thought it was cool that they showed the building of the Death Star in ep2. Just unfortunate that they didn't show just a little bit more about aside from the ending scenes....

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 01:53 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The three things I listed were the biggest, glaring flaws in the prequels in my opinion. Of course there are other problems with them. They aren't perfect movies. The original trilogy isn't perfect either. There are multiple cringe-worthy moments in A New Hope.

True, but there is a major difference between the OT and the PT. The OT has heart.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 09:32 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Those three are "the most glaring"? Those three things? They're all bad, but as films, those three things are just three spectators in an entire stadium of problems. And the noise from that stadium is deafening.

"Most glaring three..." Did you only see a select 20 minute clip of the prequels mashed together?

Originally posted by realslimshady25
Joker aren't you 14?
Aren't you only 12?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I wonder if any of these glaring problems wouldn't otherwise be "glaring" if the prequels didn't have the original trilogy to be compared to.

Just sayin...

I really feel for the Farrelly Brothers. I got to see a rough cut of Dumb and Dumber To in March. It was a good little movie that will otherwise be masked by individuals who are going to compare every single frame of the sequel to the original.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Pt wasn't that bad. The storey was told. I'm sure there's gonna be those who are gonna bad mouth ep 7+ for there own reasons

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 02:26 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I wonder if any of these glaring problems wouldn't otherwise be "glaring" if the prequels didn't have the original trilogy to be compared to.
No, they wouldn't be. But the PT is three things: 1.) a bad Star Wars series, 2.) a bad prequel series, and 3.) a bad film series. Take away the OT (and still somehow have the PT, but hypotheticals and all that...) and you only remove the first two. The PT would still be a bad film series, regardless of it's status as "Star Wars Prequels."

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Pt wasn't that bad. The storey was told. I'm sure there's gonna be those who are gonna bad mouth ep 7+ for there own reasons
There are people who bad mouth anything for any reason. The trick is to sift through "the haters" and come to a genuine understanding of why something is disliked. The PT has been analyzed to death over the last 10+ years, it's tremendous failings have been dissected and preserved all over the internet. It was a bad series for a reason. Many reasons.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 04:17 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No, they wouldn't be. But the PT is three things: 1.) a bad Star Wars series, 2.) a bad prequel series, and 3.) a bad film series. Take away the OT (and still somehow have the PT, but hypotheticals and all that...) and you only remove the first two. The PT would still be a bad film series, regardless of it's status as "Star Wars Prequels."

There are people who bad mouth anything for any reason. The trick is to sift through "the haters" and come to a genuine understanding of why something is disliked. The PT has been analyzed to death over the last 10+ years, it's tremendous failings have been dissected and preserved all over the internet. It was a bad series for a reason. Many reasons.

So. Do you expect ep7 to be any different and let the people dissect it for years to come..

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 05:01 AM