KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who are the parents of Rey?

Who are the parents of Rey?
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Who are the parents of Rey?

?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 12:52 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Luke and Leia
(please log in to view the image)

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Luke and Leia
(please log in to view the image)

Lol no way it cant be ....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 04:22 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Luke is probably her father.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 06:00 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by ozz81
Lol no way it cant be ....

He's right.

https://twitter.com/fishinforcarrie...958833462394881

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 06:40 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

lyanna stark and rhaegar targaryen

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
lyanna stark and rhaegar targaryen

That's not how you spell Cersei and Jamie

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I hope it's some unknowns.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Luke is probably her father.

I doubt it and I hope not.

What I get from the flashback is that Reys parents were taken. Probably by Rey? (Although he must have been extremely young to do that, maybe Snoke?). If we have to believe Maz Kanata her parents are someone else: they will not come back. But someone might" or something like that, referring to Luke.

I think Rey's from a new family. I'd prefer it otherwise it would seem the Force can only run through the Skywalker family. To broaden the franchise and give it some longevity, it'd be better if she's not a Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 03:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by queeq
I doubt it and I hope not.

What I get from the flashback is that Reys parents were taken. Probably by Rey? (Although he must have been extremely young to do that, maybe Snoke?). If we have to believe Maz Kanata her parents are someone else: they will not come back. But someone might" or something like that, referring to Luke.

I think Rey's from a new family. I'd prefer it otherwise it would seem the Force can only run through the Skywalker family. To broaden the franchise and give it some longevity, it'd be better if she's not a Skywalker.

Nah, I disagree. The lightsaber being drawn to her makes a lot more sense if she's a skywalker. And if she isn't a Skywalker it makes Finn not being force sensitive an even weaker choice imo.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 04:19 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, for one it IS strange that a lightsaber does that. The Force is created by all living beings, not by lifeless metal. In the entire saga we see people losing or damaging their lightsabres so much, that I doubt a metal object can be connected in the Force.

Unless... the Force uses it to guide someone to his or her destiny. QGJ was led to meet Anakin. They were not related and yet the Force led QGJ to Anakin. Same could be happening here: the Force uses the lightsaber to bring Rey to Luke so she can be trained.

It could be of course, that she is a Skywalker, but after the sudden and kinda weird connection between Luke and Leia as siblings, I hope they make Rey a completely fresh character with no other relation than being strong with the Force. Just like QGJ and Anakin.

Their is already a new generation of Skywalker around after all.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 04:50 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by queeq
Well, for one it IS strange that a lightsaber does that. The Force is created by all living beings, not by lifeless metal. In the entire saga we see people losing or damaging their lightsabres so much, that I doubt a metal object can be connected in the Force.

Unless... the Force uses it to guide someone to his or her destiny. QGJ was led to meet Anakin. They were not related and yet the Force led QGJ to Anakin. Same could be happening here: the Force uses the lightsaber to bring Rey to Luke so she can be trained.

It could be of course, that she is a Skywalker, but after the sudden and kinda weird connection between Luke and Leia as siblings, I hope they make Rey a completely fresh character with no other relation than being strong with the Force. Just like QGJ and Anakin.

Their is already a new generation of Skywalker around after all.

That's not true at all. TCWs makes it clear that the crystals in the sabers are drawn to certain individuals.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 04:56 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Lulz, personally, I don't think it could be any more obvious that Rey is Luke's daughter. Kylo knows this random student and decides to save her due to their incredibly deep relationship he developed with her at 5 and he at 15. The lightsaber likes this random. Leia sends this random to find the brother she's been looking for, for a decade and a half, alone. This random is more powerful than Kylo Ren. "It is you, (random)!"

That's just shitty writing to make her anything but Luke's daughter.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 05:38 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There's a fairly large gulf between 'random' and 'Luke's daughter'. There can be a reason for all that without there having to be a bloodline. We're in a galaxy where there can be chosen ones, after all.

And what is this 'awakening in the Force'? The very title of the film isn't explained yet. The sabre thing does suggest bloodline- or at least very close connection- but I think the Rey thing could go a lot of ways.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Han and leia is most likely her parents.

They left Rey on jakuu to protect her

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 11:15 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

There's a zero percent chance Han and Leia are Rey's parents. Like absolute zero.
Originally posted by Ushgarak
There's a fairly large gulf between 'random' and 'Luke's daughter'. There can be a reason for all that without there having to be a bloodline. We're in a galaxy where there can be chosen ones, after all.

No, we're in a galaxy with A, as in singular, Chosen One. And yes, there must be a bloodline because that's the entire focus of the saga. Anakin Skywalker and his family. erm
quote:

And what is this 'awakening in the Force'? The very title of the film isn't explained yet. The sabre thing does suggest bloodline- or at least very close connection- but I think the Rey thing could go a lot of ways.

Except, Kathleen Kennedy has already said that the episodic movies are about the Skywalker family. The Force Awakening was obviously referring to it awakening in Rey, with the saber before and her defeating Ren at the very end. There's really no question at this point.
“The saga films focus on the Skywalker family. The stories follow a linear narrative that connects to the previous six films. The Force Awakens follows Return of the Jedi and continues that generational story. The Anthology films offer opportunities to explore fresh characters, new storylines, and a variety of genres inside the Star Wars universe.”

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Dec 21st, 2015 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 11:49 PM
ares834

Luke.

Kylo was the one who stranded her on Jakku after he was unable to kill her during his attack on the Jedi. It works damn near perfectly.

"What girl?!"

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 11:59 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

You would think either Han or Leia, upon finding out Rey is from Jakku would say "Hey, didn't we leave our daughter on that planet? She would be about Rey's age now!"

Han and Leia are NOT the parents.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 12:02 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Am I the only person who remembers that teaser trailer...?

This is Luke talking about how strong the Force is in his family, mentioning his fathers connection to the Force, his own, and his sisters (Leia). The only force using characters not refered to are Kylo and Rey. If he was talking to Kylo, he would say "your mother" (Leia) and not "my sister". The same would be the case if he was talking to another child of Leia.

So he is obviously talking to his own child here. And the only character left for that position is Rey. There is also no other reasonable explanation for Leia sending Rey to find Luke on her own. And this is also explains Luke's reaction, whe she reaches him.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
You would think either Han or Leia, upon finding out Rey is from Jakku would say "Hey, didn't we leave our daughter on that planet? She would be about Rey's age now!"

Han and Leia are NOT the parents.

Not quite sure why Rey can't be the daughter

Force sensitive, a sky walker, brother and sister fighting later on, like father and son.

But, couldn't it be that she was not originally raised by her real parents, because they were protecting her from maybe snoke???

Snoke corrupting Ren, but not Rey, as there's light and dark, hence Luke eventually knowing that he will have to train Rey

I'm just not sure why people can just say Han and leia are not her parents...

Sky walker or solo bloodline is still there with Ren, so so much for the skywalker only Jedi/sith with ep 1-6

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 22nd, 2015 at 01:28 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 01:17 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote