KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » *spoilers* do you like Disney's answer to Rey's parents?

*spoilers* do you like Disney's answer to Rey's parents?
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Barf *spoilers* do you like Disney's answer to Rey's parents?

*spoilers* do you like Disney's answer to Rey's parents?

as stated by Kylo Ren in Last Jedi?

or would you prefer Daisy is a skywalker, a kenobi, a palpatine, or a daughter of some other force sensitive like ezra or kanaan or even quinlan vos - psychometry

would you prefer Luke explaining to Daisy why he abandoned her on jakku

or leia explaining she had another child with han solo and she was rey

and after kylo turned leia han and luke decided together to leave her on jakku to hide her from kylo

or kylo explaining to rey they're brother and sister

or obi wan as a force ghost explaining shes a kenobi

or even luke telling rey shes the daughter of palpatine

or ezra or kanaan or even quinlan

while disney can say anything they want to say, i would prefer rey is quinlan's daughter which explains her power of psychometry on luke's lightsaber

disney's actual answer seems a little like a cop out.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:55 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yes. Rey being a "nobody" was perfect.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 06:00 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Better than her being Luke or Leia's daughter. That would've been cliche as hell.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Guess anyone could be born with Force powers.........become Jedi or sith

Force balance?.....now I’m really confused

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 10:26 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

That's always been the case though. Palpatine's parents were "randoms". Obi-Wan's parents were "randoms". And so on and so on.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 11:35 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

apart from anakin and luke, there is no film-canon confirmation of any relatives among the jedi. also it never was even implied that special genetic lineage was required to be powerful with the force, only that inheritance of power can occur.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I just think in the context of the other Star Wars movies, it's unrealistic that a random force sensitive can have raw power that rivals that of the grandson of the Chosen One.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I'm ok with this, however, it doesn't really fit in well with what Abrams was setting up in TFA...a problem when one writer/director ships the series off to another writer/director.

I honestly feel like in TFA there was every intention of setting REY up to be a Skywalker. I really think that's where JJ was going with it.

One line in particular from MAZ seems completely out of place now "I have lived long enough to see the same eyes in many people. I see your eyes, I know your eyes." That line was written with importance to it and to allude that she was related to someone important....no question about it.

Also, the lightsaber calling to Rey.....her ability to beat an enemy with years of training. It just feels like everything was being set up for REY to be either the daughter of Luke or Leia.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Dec 16th, 2017 at 03:45 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rebel95
I just think in the context of the other Star Wars movies, it's unrealistic that a random force sensitive can have raw power that rivals that of the grandson of the Chosen One.

Yes. Episode 1-9. Have respect for the sky walkers lineage.....other movies, do whatever...

In ESB, Palpatine senses a new enemy, a force being (Luke) that is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker......

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 03:58 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well Snoke did mention about the Force balancing Kylo’s evilness. So even though her parents are random, her power and existence is not.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well Snoke did mention about the Force balancing Kylo’s evilness. So even though her parents are random, her power and existence is not.

Yeah Ant pointed that out to me in another thread, so I'm actually ok with her parents being random now.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

why did luke lightsaber which belong to his father anakin call out to a random person?

why was rey able to get hold of anakin's lightsaber over anakin's own grand son ben solo

makes no sense to me sad

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:13 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i just assume it's the will of the force reaching out to rey aa opposed to a skywalker family talisman. i like it better as well.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 01:04 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

Unless she's a new Chosen One...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 01:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

F*ck those other specific Star Wars movies and their Chosen One bullshit. Leave that tired garbage tripe in the past.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think the whole point of Rey's parents being nobodies is that Force users can pop up anywhere. The ways of the Force are once again mysterious. And that is fine.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 09:45 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

Force users could always pop up anywhere, that was the whole point of the Jedi finding children to induct into the order in the PT.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 07:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Luminous
Force users could always pop up anywhere, that was the whole point of the Jedi finding children to induct into the order in the PT.

Right? I don't see why people feel this is suddenly some new and special thing.

Though I find the explanation for her power growing to be a little dry and unimaginative.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Read somewhere Rian mentioned it could be possible that we don’t yet know for sure who Rey’s parents are. It’s Possible Kylo could have been lying....

Sounds like another cop out though

It really comes down to what JJ writes from Trevorrows script and what Disney accepts....

Regardless, still honours the PT, as it is logical that all those crappy/weak Jedi in TCW and ROTS who die so easily can be born from nobodies..

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 03:16 PM
Zenwolf

Well given that Rian wrote the script by the seat of his pants(apparently), that doesn't sound surprising and yet again we could get changes in EP 9 which make 8 just pointless.

Then again 8 also changed or dismissed things from 7 so that wouldn't be surprising.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote