KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Qui Gon and Count Dooku.....

Qui Gon and Count Dooku.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Qui Gon and Count Dooku.....

was dooku just provoking obi wan by telling him that he could have used qui gons help? would qui gon have actually joined him? i dont think so. qui gon was a rebel of sorts, but to go against the republic, the people he has sworn to protect? no.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, of course QGJ would not have joined him- very clear good guy/bad guy divide in Star Wars.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 10:02 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes, i agree. but, as we have learned, a good guy can turn bad very easily.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 10:04 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

yea but i dont think he would've
not if obi1 was by his side.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

if qui gon was still alive, he and obi wan wouldnt be together near as much as they were in ep.1. obi wan is now a jedi master, with his own padawan to train. however, if qui gon were alive, anakin would have been his padawan, while obi wan took on another. who knows?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 05:56 AM
tlp
SimOps Web Hosting

All meant to confuse and amuse us..
Obi would not have Anny and QGJ would. THerefore a whole new twist to what is evolving now..hmmmm

Mention this forum and get a discount!

SimOps

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 09:35 AM
Click here to Send tlp a Private Message Find more posts by tlp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

OB1 never got to the rank of master

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 09:47 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

you sure, yerssot? i thought yoda referred to him as master obi wan to the jedi children. i might be mistaken.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 07:00 PM
yerssot

yes, master as in "the dude has a padawan"
jocasta nu on the JC of SW.C said that he never reached the rank of Master... that's all I know I think

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 07:02 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, which is not to say he is not effectively a Jedi Master by ANH, orf course, just that with the Order extinct he had no official status in that department.,

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kkais

He is a master to the children DUH!! He is a Jedi knight and when he fights dooku he is defeated to fast and easily to have the skills of a jedi master

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 11:49 PM
Click here to Send kkais a Private Message Find more posts by kkais Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that has nothing to do with it

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 11:51 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

dooku was older and more experienced than obi wan was.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 02:06 AM
Bagels

Who's to say that any of that would have happened period had Qui-Gon lived? I mean, don't you guys find it odd that Qui-Gon gets killed my a Sith Lord, and then his former master goes and joins one?

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Bagels a Private Message Find more posts by Bagels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Okay us seeing the good samaritan Qui Gonn in the movies wipes out any thought of treachery on his part. But Qui Gonn seems to be a bit of a rebel, disobeying the council.
"If you'd follow the code, you'd be in the council"

"Dont go against the council, not again master"
"I shall do what I must Obi Wan"

Hmmm I dunno, he might of actualy joined dooku.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 06:12 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not obeying the code would have no association whatsoever with joining Dooku!

And it is not odd at all- it's just part of the whole Master/Apprentice family saga of Star Wars.

BtVS

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 09:57 AM
Swordfish2k0

I think what Dooku was imlpying was that Qui Gonn knew of the deceit in the senate and being a little rebellious would not have accepted it like Yoda and the rest of the council did.

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Swordfish2k0 a Private Message Find more posts by Swordfish2k0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i think qui gon could have turned...yoda even said how he was defiant...if u look at it closely its not clear cut that he woulda been a good guy if he was alive during the aotc

Old Post May 4th, 2004 04:07 AM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he still served for the good cause, a sith like Dooku doesn't

there is no way that QGJ would have turned to the dark side as OB1 said already in AOTC

Old Post May 4th, 2004 03:11 PM
wuTa

and like dooku said..he knew qui gon just as good as obi wan ...qui gon was a rebel of sorts he did things in the interest he thought were best not what the jedi or jedi council thought were best he very easily could have turned

Old Post May 4th, 2004 06:21 PM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote