KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Bail Organa

Bail Organa
Started by: Jedimaster3838

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedimaster3838

Bail Organa

I was under the impression that Organa would play a large role in the next film but Jimmy Smits said other wise. In an interview that his character played only a small part but that he loved the honor. Now is this Lucas's doing trying to throw the fans off? Or is this true?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 05:42 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I was also under the impression that Bail would play a large role, kinda of like Solo in ANH. Lucas hinted he'd come in as the been there done that loose cannon and veteran, who compliments the refined/reserved Queen and the brash/youthful Anakin(like the Han, Leia and Luke trio). However I think that OB1 kinda took over that role, and Lucas(who originally wanted to cast an energetic unknown in his late 20's, like Ford) diminished the role of 44 year old screen veteran Smits b/c Ob1's role grew from what he originally intended it to be. Weather this means Kenobi will be involved in some sort of love triangle, like Leia, Luke and Han were in the second film, remains to be seen. I hope not though, as the love scenes should be kept as a simplified backstory,as they were in ESB.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2000 11:46 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Thats how I want the love scenes to be too, but I don't think they will be. I think love will play a huge role on Anakin's life and it seems it won't just be him in love. Owen and Beru might also fall in love in Episode 2 rather than already be married and like possible rumours suggest, Amidala and Bail may fall in love after Anakin has turned to the Dark Side.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2000 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think, though I can not substantiate this, that Smits has done Episode-II to introduce Bail Organa as he will have much bigger role in Episode-III.

This is why I don't think we will see the Clone wars in Episode-II unless they start right at the end of the film.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 05:56 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I think if we see that conference on Malastare we might see the event leading up to and the start of the war..

Old Post Nov 10th, 2000 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I doubt Bail will marry Amidala. Remember Luke asking Leia in ROTJ: "Do you remember your mother. Your REAL mother." That indicates Leia had a foster mother, which then should be Bail's wife and thus someone else than Amidala/Padme.

And I too believe Bail will have a bigger role in Ep3 as the Clone Wars will probably start somewhere at the end of Ep2. Another quote to substantiate Bail's importance DURING the Clone Wars: "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars." That's when things will pick up that will put Palpy on the throne and where Bail's importance in the Clone Wars and consequently the Rebellion will increase.

queeq out

Old Post Nov 11th, 2000 03:46 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

That's a good point. Nobody has mentioned who Leia's foster mum is.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2000 04:17 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

One story that I heard in the past was that leia's real mother (Padme) served as a lady in waiting (handmaiden) to the foster mother in order to be near her child but was killed or died at some point.

Anyway, this would link in with Padme's modus operandi of taking on a role as a handmaiden to hide and protect herself.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2000 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

That whole scenerio just makes me really said...which is good...but not really..you know what I mean.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2000 06:21 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I think I read somewhere that the Clone Wars have already begun during the course of TPM. But we won't see any of it until the Jedi take part in it. So while watching TPM you can think to yourself, "Ooh, the Clone Wars are taking place somewhere out there." Isn't that nice....

Old Post Nov 11th, 2000 06:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think the Clone Wars will kick off in EpII, around 1 hour into the movie.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2000 07:33 AM
queeq
Chaos

Just like that, eh? I wonder... it might be closer to the end really, so much of the Clone Wars can take place between Episodes.

queeq out

Old Post Nov 12th, 2000 05:45 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

No, not "just like that." I think the film will start off with crisises in many places that will begin to escalate. I don't thonk our heroes will become really involved immnediatey though. This may be the cliff hanger ending.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2000 06:16 AM
Darth Daft

The Clone Wars will be taking place throughout all of the movie but does not come to any importance until maybe half way through like Ratcat said. I think perhaps the Sith will get involved with a certain group in the war (Mandalores?) and this will therefore cause the Jedi to get involved and so the Clone Wars will become a much larger more important event in the Galaxy.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 03:56 AM
Ratcat

As DD says. To expand on what I said earlier. I think they will almost be considered inconsequential as they start but then rapidly escalate, dragging in more and more planets and people.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 04:01 AM
queeq
Chaos

Why would it be going on? Aren't we supposed to find out what the clones are for, why they are being used instead of battle droids and all. The storyboards showed some super battle droids. They obviously don't make it into the Empire, so that's where the clones come in, I think. And then something must go wrong with these clones or there should be some major resistance against clones and that will have to escalate first. I don't think the Clone Wars are going on somewhere in Ep2, I think Ep2 will show how they start.

queeq out

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 04:34 AM
Ratcat

Incidently, they probably won't be called "The Clone Wars" in Episode-II. Most wars in history that have started small and escalate aren't named until they are well under way or sometimes once they are over.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 04:29 PM
queeq
Chaos

Good call, Ratcat. But the cause of these wars have to develop first and I think that's what ep2 will show.

queeq out

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 05:19 PM
Ratcat

That's it exactly. I think we're on to nsomething here. Mr Lucas, are you listening.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 06:23 PM
queeq
Chaos

Eerrrr.... what are we on exactly?

queeq out

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 07:42 PM