KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- Combat rules and Paths/Gun Tricks reference area- Version 2.6!

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Combat rules and Paths/Gun Tricks reference area- Version 2.6!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Combat rules and Paths/Gun Tricks reference area

This is now Version 2.6 of the game rules, becoming increasingly tested and honed as time goes by.

Use this thread to:

1. Check the basic rules of how to fight

2. Check what sort of gun you want to carry

3. Check what your Paths and Gun Tricks do.

Some players find it easy to write down the important parts about their characters and the rules. If this all seems confusing, ask me or another player for help- most get the hang in the end quite fast.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 15th, 2004 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 02:05 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Combat Overview- Combat On-line v2.6

Obviously, one of the most important things in The Matrix is the combat. This is actually true of many franchises, but when i comes to doing a Matrix RP game, the focus on the combat, and the details of it, has to be heavy indeed. Matrix fights on screen are complicated and exquisitely choreographed. The system in this game has to reflect that, but still be simple enough for people to learn quite quickly.

Of course this is also true of other franchises and my other games. But this game requires a very different approach than, say, my Star Wars game, with its in-depth duelling system. Because fights with more complexity to them happen all the time in The Matrix, I needed a combat system that did not separate out duels in separate threads from the main action, like Star Wars does, because I wanted them to be part of the same system as any fight you have. I needed a system where people hit each other quite a lot and keep fighting (by contrast, my lightsabre duels work on the principle that the first hit wins, but hitting is very difficult). And I needed a system that could integrate the main action areas of gunfights, Martial Arts fights, and important duels all at the same time.

This has meant the development of this combat system, based on the off-line system which involves more complexity than many on-line games. My other games have now also converted to off-line systems, but the Matrix will remain the game with the most strategic and tactical options, complexity and skill involved in the fights, which the more veteran players have now learned much about.

First, some basic concepts

SEQUENCES

Fights are divided into several sequences, each of which is considered to last about thirty seconds. The game always plays to movie logic, though- so that thirty seconds could be longer or shorter, it is not important. A short fight will be a couple of sequences. If you go past seven or eight, it is a huge fight. Some Matrix fights are very long indeed!

Sequences are important to measure for three reasons:

1. I time things by sequences. Knowing the Agents are coming, I may give you one sequence to escape a building before they turn up.
2. Some Focus powers last until the end of a sequence.
3. Your Focus pool refreshes at the end of a sequence

Inside a sequence, the most important things are how much each of you can get done, and when do you do it! This is measured by ‘frames’- a term loosely based on movie camera frames. Each of you has a certain amount of frames in a sequence. Whenever you perform an action, you lose frames depending on how long the action takes- longer actions take more frames. When you run out of frames, you are done for the sequence and must wait for the next one. The person with the highest amount of remaining frames is the next person to act- though on-line, we only need to be literal about that in certain important situations.

The average action- like firing a gun or punching at a foe- takes three frames, and the average player has about 11 or 12 frames per sequence to make use of. Once focus powers come into the equation, however, it can become more complex…

The amount of frames everyone starts a sequence on is simply determined- I roll a six sided die, and then I add each player’s speed onto that to get their frame count. So if I roll a 3, everyone with speed 8 has 11 frames to use! Everyone with speed ten has 13. And so on.

Because of the nature of on-line play, not everyone is always around to take their action. I do not mind people falling behind and taking several actions at once when they get back, but I will not allow that system to be abused.

Moving takes frames like any other action. Regardless of frames remaining, however, you can only move up to four times in one sequence- extra frames are often about reacting, not running faster.

You also lose frames for taking Defensive Actions- defined in more detail later, they are basically efforts to avoid being hit, and hence are rather common.

Any time you take an action that takes you to zero or less frames, you are called ‘framed out’, and obviously cannot act again that sequence. However, if you took a particularly huge action that would take you beyond -2 frames, the excess has to be paid off your frames for NEXT sequence.

Here are some examples:

Grim, starting a sequence on frame 12, kicks a guard in the head. That takes him to frame nine. When he gets there, he punches, using a focus power that performs an attack for only two frames. He is now acting again on frame 7. He kicks again, taking another three frames, taking him to frame 4. He takes three frames to run across the room to the way out, and on frame 1 he takes a final action to flying kick a cop out of his way.

Meanwhile. Grim’s friend Hotwire is having a great time. He is shooting at some cops, using a Gun Trick that allows him to fire at them for only one frame each time. He started on frame 12, just like Hotwire. He fires at a cop- that only takes one frame! On frame 11, he fires at another, and then another. Three attacks, and he is only on frame 9! He then needs to reload, but he has another gun trick that allows him to re-load for only one frame also! So that takes him to frame 8. Shooting at two more cops takes him to frame 6.

On the next action, he runs over towards Grim and fires at the same time. Although he can take these shots in one frame, the movement costs him three- and trying to move and fire at the same time is complex, and actually costs him four exertion in total. This takes him down to exertion 2.

Once level with Grim, he spins and blasts down two more cops. Note that his single exertion action on frame 1 did not actually get him any advantage compared to Grim's three frame exertion action- when acting on frame one, there is no benefit to being fast, because it still takes you to zero. Still, Grim is happy- he has killed a lot of guys!

“Get a move on, slowcoach…” he says to Grim…

-

Defensive Actions

Whenever someone takes an aggressive action against you- kicks, throws, gun shots, thrown weapons- it is always assumed you try and avoid it- this is called passively dodging, and you never need to tell me to do it. If you wish, you can take PARTICULAR effort to get out of the way of something- this is called taking a Defensive Action. You do not do this when it is your turn to act- instead, whenever anyone makes any sort of attack on you, you have the option to take a Defensive Action if you wish.

The most common defensive action is the ‘active dodge’- which simply makes you harder to hit. Anyone can do this against any attack. Various force powers may give you other defensive actions to chose from, but the active dodge is the most likely. It, and most defensive actions, takes up one frame. These frames can mount up, so gameplay is often about striking a balance between passively and actively dodging.

In some circumstances- maybe when climbing a ladder, for example- defensive actions will be forbidden.

If you are framed out, you can still take defensive actions but the lost frames come off the next sequence instead.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 15th, 2004 at 02:27 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 02:15 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Damage

Whenever you are hit, you take damage. Now, a little suspension of disbelief is needed here. Heroes as you may be, you are not really expected to take multiple gun shots and sword stabs and stay standing. Yet in this system you can be ‘hit’ several times and be fine. Remember this is a game, and a game simulating an action film at that (and on another level, in the Matrix it is not even 'real' damage!). If you are hit by a weapon that should kill or badly injure you, yet keep fighting, it is assumed you only took a light or glancing wound. Maybe you were not hit at all, but the closeness of the shot has shaken you, or you are running out of luck. Only when such a hit either impairs or drops you have you really been shot or stabbed in the literal sense. This indulgence I ask for, for the sake of gameplay.

Damage you take when hit depends on the strength of your opponent (in melee fighting) or the base damage of the weapon (if a ranged attack). In either case, you do one bonus point of damage for every point you exceeded the amount you needed to hit your opponent by (this system is covered in the combat section). Melee weapons do extra damage, kicks do more damage than punches (but are harder to hit with), and firing more than one bullet at a time from a gun does extra damage also. Once total damage has been determined, you subtract your own Toughness score from that damage to find the total number of hits you have taken.

Whenever a player takes damage, it will be noted. You can take 25 points of damage before you are wounded. You become wounded again at 30 points. Being wounded affects your fighting ability. 35 points is the critical level- you become badly wounded and may drop. Each time you are hit and end up with 35 or more wounds you must make a 'Death Check' to see if you have been dropped- the higher your Constitution, the easier the Check is, but the more past 35 damage you are, the harder it is. An only barely failed Death Check means you are down but stable. The more you fail one by, the closer to imminent death you are. Regardless, a character who fails a Death Check is out of a battle- I may allow him to talk but he can in no circumstances do anything useful.

Killing Mooks

Many enemies you face are not any where near as dangerous as you. The large numbers of gang members, security guards, cops and even SWAT team members can be taken down with relative ease- though it normally requires a bit more thought than just charging them down with a sharp object!

Only important characters have a damage track- the less relevant mooks are not dangerous enough to warrant one. Instead, a good enough quality hit will simply kill a mook in one go. A less good hit simply means the next hit needs to be less good itself to kill it! This is nothing to do with damage- simply how skilled the blow was.

The amount by which you successfully hit a mook on the dice roll is the important bit. A mook hit by 8 points or more past the amount you needed to hit them becomes Out- either dead, unconscious, or too wounded to fight- regardless, they are out of the fight. If a mundane is already hit and is hit again, the amount needed to Out them is reduced by the amount they were Hit before (so if you hit one by six over what was required, the next hit would only need to be a hit by 4.) Most mooks will normally therefore be down and out within two blows. The amount by which a Mook has already been hit will be noted for everyone to remember.

Some weapons have a Mook Killing Power- this can be positive or negative. A negative Mook Killing Power actually reduces from the effect of a successful hit on a mook. A positive Mook Killing Power does not add to the effect, but instead reduces the amount that attack would need to Out the mook. For example, a hit on a mook with a Power of +2 would leave that mook Out if he ended up with a Hit of 6 or more, rather than 8.

Whilst mooks do not take damage as such, an attack with a high base damage (base damage is the damage before you would add the amount you hit by onto it) instead gives the attack extra mook killing power. If the damage of the attack is 11, it gets an MKP bonus of +1, and that bonuses increases by one for every two points of damage the attack does beyond that.

Example: In the example above, Grim kicks down a mook. When he made his roll, he hit the mook by six more than he needed. This would not normally be enough for a kill, but the basic damage of the attack was 11 (a kick does strength +3 damage and Grim's strength is 8)- giving him one point of Mook Killing Power. And a Kick gets one point of killing power by default! Therefore, that kick downs the mook in one.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 22nd, 2004 at 01:40 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 02:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

COMBAT

Combat looks scary but it is not difficult once you have the hang of it. Once you get to grips with the system of sequences and frames- which will not take long once you see it in action- the complications in the Matrix come from deciding which moves to use, or what to do with your guns, which leads to every player having a unique fighting style and tactic, just like in the films.

You fight using your Guns and Martial Arts skills. These act both as your skill in hitting others, and also in avoiding being hit- your 'passive dodge rating'. However, 'Guns' is less useful as a defensive skill if used in close combat- its defence is at -2 against close combat attacks, as Gunners are trained in a less directly active form of dodging than Martial Artists (if you have both, you can always use your Martial Arts score if it is more favourable).

Basic fighting theory

When you try and attack someone, I make a roll to see if you hit. The roll is made by rolling two six-sided dice. One is set, before the roll, as positive, and the other negative. I add the positive and subtract the negative, giving me a basic result of between -5 and +5. However, if either die rolls a six, I roll it again and combine the result, so in some circumstances the result can actually be between -11 and +11.

To hit an opponent you simply need to equal or exceed their dodge value. So if you are skill 14 and the person you are fighting has a defence of 14, you are looking for evens to hit. If you are skill 15, a -1 or better would be a hit. Skill 13, you need a +1 or more. Easy! Note that this makes combat skills VERY valuable- they not actually make you more likely to hit, they make you less likely to BE hit. As noted above in the damage section, the more you hit someone by, the more damage you do. In this respect, extra fighting skill also reduces the amount of damage you take even if you do get hit.

If you hit or are hit, I will calculate the damage taken and inform people as appropriate.

In the Matrix game, when you are involved in a close combat fight with a non-mook character, this takes intense concentration. You may not perform any action other than fighting this opponent unless you flee. If you flee, your opponent gets a bonus attack on you, with +2 to hit, that you may not use a Defensive Action against. Certain circumstances- like throwing your opponent- allow you to leave the fight safely. Entire tactics often evolve around trying to get out of a fight- you may wish to discuss such things with other players, as some fu powers can help!

Basic strikes

A standard attack takes three frames. Various fu powers or Gun tricks may reduce that. If you so wish, you can take a quick attack that only takes up two frames- but that is at -2 to hit. This is called ‘snapping’. If you are feeling brave, you can even ‘super-snap’ an attack so it only takes ONE frame- but this is at -5 to hit.

You can also attack multiple opponents at once- up to three (obviously, if using Martial Arts they have to be near you). But if attacking more than one opponent, you have to subtract one from each roll for each opponent you are attacking. So if attacking three opponents at once, each attack gets -3 to hit.

A standard barehanded attack- or 'Punch'- does Strength +1 damage. If you wish, you can Kick instead- Kicks are at -1 to hit, but do Strength +3 damage, and get a Mook Killing Power of +1.

If your opponent is armed, you may attempt a disarm. This is an attack that does no damage, but if it hits, your opponent drops his weapon. Note that due to the style of the game, only guns can be easily disarmed this way. Attempts to disarm melee weapons are at -2 to hit. This has little to do with reality, only gameplay.

If you are armed, you may make a weapon strike, which will do damage equal to your Strength plus the damage bonus of the weapon. Weapon strikes can be snapped, super snapped, and/or aimed at more than one opponent at once just like any other attack. Note that if you are armed, you may not perform a barehanded attack or disarm- the only other move you can make is a Kick.

When attacked, you can take defensive actions to try and make it harder to be hit. If it is a fu power of some sort, the effect will be defined in the Focus powers section. An active dodge simply adds +2 to your dodge rating.

Charging and Following Up

Any attempt to move to an opponent and engage him in close combat is known as a 'charge'. Some actions- e.g. some fu powers- can be used in response to a charge. More importantly, anyone carrying a gun and being charged gets a bonus, zero frame attack on the charger, so long as there is actually ammunition in the gun.

Some moves- like throws- move your opponent away from you. If the move notes that it can be 'Followed Up', this means you can move and re-enter combat with that opponent safely, without the risks of a charge.

Throwing Weapons

Throwing weapons are simply handled as ranged attacks made on opponents using your Martial Arts skill. Unless noted in the power, you may not use Fu powers with these attacks.

Prone

Certain effects may knock you prone- normally as a result of a move trying to knock you over, but you might be blown over by a large explosion, or you may lay down voluntarily! Whilst Prone, you may not move or attack, and all close combat attacks on you are at +2 to hit. Guns are at -2 to hit due to your low profile.

You may not take any Defensive Actions whilst prone unless it is a focus power that specifically states it can be used whilst prone- it is often prudent to have such a power.

If you were knocked prone, you start to get up the frame after you were knocked down, and finish getting up three frames after that. So if knocked over on Frame 8, you start getting up on frame 7, and have gotten up on frame 4. This is not an action- it happens automatically- but as you cannot move or attack whilst prone, it is a good idea to have something else to do instead- like activating a fu power.

Blocks

Some fu powers cause 'Blocks' to happen. Blocks are always dependant on your opponent missing you. Blocks do nothing at all other than mean that you can use other Fu powers that require your opponent to be Blocked- these powers are often rather useful. Blocking is also cheap, so a blocking strategy allows lower focus players to try and pull off more spectacular moves- if they are willing to stomach the risk of trying to pull the Blocks off!

Reflex Attacks

Reflex attacks are bonus attacks that cost no frames that you get via the use of certain fu powers when attacked by an opponent. Even if modified, they still take zero frames, but they may never be modified by a power that would normally take more than 3 frames.

Note that you may not use a reflex attack against another reflex attack.

-

Guns... lots of Guns...

Guns use the same basic system as the rest of the game- however, they lack the subtleties and myriad possibilities of focus powers. Nonetheless, there is a little more to their use than just pointing and shooting!

A good proportion of the more dangerous enemies you meet will be hard to hurt with guns, all the way up to the Agents, who are virtually (though not totally) immune to them.

For lower down enemies though, Guns are great. You can engage at range, from behind cover, whilst doing acrobatic stunts... whatever pleases you. Laugh as your sword wielding comrades have to waste time getting CLOSE to that assault-rifle armed SWAT team...

Gameplay has proved that gunners, wholst vulnerable on their own, make a very, very drastic bonus to a team as a whole. For all-rounders, Guns add many extra options to your arsenal. Martial Arts may be king at the end of the day, but Guns have their vital place in the Matrix and the system reflects this.

Extra bullets

This system likes to encourage many, many bullets! Guns can fire up to three bullets in one attack. This does not mean three attacks however- extra bullets simply mean extra damage. Well, to be precise, if you fire less than three bullets you get a damage penalty! The system assumes you fire three bullets each time. If you fire less, the gun does -2 damage for two bullets, and -4 for one. Against mooks, two bullets reduces the Mook Killing Power by one, and one bullet reduces it by two- and this can take it into negative. Note that shotguns and sniper rifles fire single shots only- they receive no penalty for this.

Burst fire

Fully automatic weapons can fire in burst fire. This is incredibly wasteful of ammo, but rather effective! A normal three bullet attack is one burst, but for each burst you fire PAST the first, you get +1 to hit!

You may fire up to six bursts at once, but you may only get up to +3 to hit- four bursts worth- on a single target. However, you may split your bursts between multiple targets. Other than using the Gun Trick Both Guns Blazing (see below), this is the only way for guns to attack multiple targets (as noted above), and it receives the same penalities (e.g. -2 for two targets, -3 for 3 etc.). So, if faced by two bad guys, you could fire two bursts, one at each. Or you could fire six bursts, aiming three at each!

Ka-chink!

Shotguns cannot burst fire, but in films shotguns have a certain punch which always seems to be preceeded by cocking the weapon! If you take a frame to dramatically ka-chink a shotgun before firing, it gets +1 to hit.

Re-loading

Pain as it is, guns run out of ammo pretty fast- especially if you fire six bursts at a time! Make sure you keep track of the ammo you have remaining- because I am, and if you try and make an illegal attack (e.g one you do not have the ammo for) it is all wasted- the attack fails. If I am kind (usually if there is no time pressure) I will give you a chance to change your attack instead.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 28th, 2004 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 02:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

EXAMPLES

Here is a duel which acts as an example of the combat system in action. Note the in-depth descriptions of the attacks- they are not necessary, but they make everything seem a whole lot more exciting!

Hotwire is making an attack on Grim. Something must be wrong with Hotwire as he is not using his guns today.

Hotwire writes: I make a series of rapid, seemingly simple blows at Grim’s chest, watching as he easily fends them off. But then I make a sudden blow upward, my hand fanned out, bring the butt of the palm of my hand into Grim’s nose.

(This is a basic barehanded strike, or punch)

Grim writes: I watch Hotwire’s strategy, knowing he is planning something. When he makes his upwards strike, I take a dodge turn neatly so I am now side-on to Hotwire, and his strike passes harmlessly in front of my face

(As noted, this is an active dodge)

The result: Hotwire’s Martial Arts score is 12. He is a Guns specialist, so that MA score is rather low! Grim’s score is 15. Oh dear- he is rather good. With the active dodge, that defensive score goes to 17. Hmm! My dice rolling indicates that Hotwire did well- a +3 means his final attack score is a 15. Still a miss.

I write: Grim’s plan goes perfectly. Hotwire was not expecting him to turn, and his blow hits nothing but air.

Now it is Grim’s turn.

Grim writes: Now side on to Hotwire, I place my left hand behind the back of his head, and then I bring up my right foot rapidly to smash him in the nose, bring his head towards the foot with my left hand as I do so. (I want to use Claw of the Dragon if I hit him)

(This is a kick; Claw of the Dragon is a focus power)

Hotwire takes no defensive action. Remember, he is still trying to evade the attack with his pasive dodge- he is just not taking an extra frame to put extra effort into that.

The result: Hotwire is better on the defensive- his Guns Skill of 15, even with a penalty for close combat, becomes 13, which is Grim’s target number. Unfortunately, Hotwire can’t really afford to let Grim hit- he should have dodged. Grim scores a +0 from the dice on his attack, takes away one because a Kick attack gets –1 to hit, but that is still good enough to hit, 14 to 13!

I write: Hotwire raises his arms to block, but Grim’s timing is perfect; he arcs his foot over Hotwire’s arms and the blow connects!

Grim’s strength is ten, and a kick does +3 damage, so the base damage is 13. Then that becomes 14 as the attack hit by one clear point. Subtracting Hotwire's Toughness of 8, would make that six damage.

But now Grim, a Sharpened Scales Master, blows four Focus points to do four extra damage with the power “Claw of the Dragon”, which adds a result of 4 to any successful hit, bringing the total damage to ten.

OW! What a nasty hit- that probably broke Hotwire’s nose. You don’t want to let many of those in- three hits like that could almost take you out the fight! Grim happily describes the impact of the hit in bullet-time, as Hotwire recoils backwards from the force of it.

And that is combat! Easy once you get the hang.

Any questions- please ask!

-----

GENERIC SKILL CHECKS

Whilst much of it is, not everything you do in the Matrix is fighting. Characters have other skills that maybe used as well. These work simply- I set a difficult for a task, then I make a roll for you- just as I would in combat- and if you match or beat the difficulty, you have succeeded! The more you succeed by, the better.

For example, I might say a particular driving stunt has a difficulty of ten. The driver has a Drive skill of 8. He would need to roll a +2 to peform the stunt at all- but if he rolled a +6, he might perform the stunt far more quickly, or more safely.

Note that all skills are based on stats. If you have to make a skill check and you do not have the skill, you can often roll on the stat alone- taking Drive as an example, Drive is baed on Dexterity. If you do not have drive and are trying to drive a car, you can use your basic dexterity score instead. However, in some cases I might apply penalities for not having the skill, or even ban you from trying to pass the check at all.

Acrobatics

There is a lot of jumping, leaping and climbing involved in a game like this. All such skill checks are made on Martial Arts, which has acrobatics built into it.

BOTCHES AND BOXCARS

Thing go wrong, even for the best of us. Guns jam, things slip, people cock up... there are two ways in this system for thing to go badly wrong.

1. By being rubbish., If the action value of an attack or skill check actually rolls so low it ends up negative, a bad cock up has been made. Remember that -11 is the lowest I can roll, so you guys when fighting are normally too competent to make such mistakes.

2. Bad luck. As noted above, if I roll a six on either die when rolling, I roll it again and add the results together. However, if I roll a six on BOTH dice, this is called 'boxcars' and can portend disaster. Both dice are rolled again as if the roll was being made from scratch (if I roll boxcars again I just keep rolling again until I do not). If you have rolled boxcars and then fail the re-roll- even by one point- then fortune works against you. If I ever tell you your gun jammed, this is why.

FORTUNE

Something that sets you as heroes atop of even devastating opponents like Agents is your luck. You will note that Fortune is a stat- if you have it at more than zero, you may spend that many Fortune points per Assignment.

You may also earn temporary fortune points (that disappear at the end of an Assignment) for performing spectacular stunts during gameplay.

A Fortune point may be used at any time for the following:

1. To negate a botch (as described above)
2. To negate a risk. Example, I say if you go down that corridor, the falling crates may hit you. Spend a fortune and they will not. Note if the crates WILL hit you, without me rolling, Fortune is useless- it makes you lucky, not superman.
3. To gain favour in selection. If I say “The guy with the rocket launcher fires at one of you three” you can spend a fortune to make sure it is NOT you but one of the other two. Anti-social, maybe, but sometimes essential for a wounded character.
4. To reverse a problematic event. This can only go so far, but an example may be a sweep kick that knocks you to the ground. Spend a fortune so you still take the damage… but stay upright
5. To fight better. Simply, you can spend a fortune to gain a d6 roll to add to any one attack, or to your defence to any one attack made against you.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 2nd, 2004 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 02:44 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Damage Reference Tables

These charts will help you keep track of what does what damage, and also gives you their bulk and weight, which is important to know once you go on missions!

Melee

Punch- Damage: Strength +1. No bulk/weight

Kick- Damage Strength +3 (-1 to hit). No bulk/weight

Knife/Nightstick- Damage Strength +2, Bulk 2, Weight 1

Staff- Damage Strength +3, Bulk 12, Weight 4

Improvised Staff- Damage Strength +2, Bulk 12, Weight 4

Spear- Damage Strength +4, Bulk 15, Weight 4

Sword- Damage Strength +4, Bulk 10, Weight 4

Axe- Damage Strength +4, Bulk 9, Weight 5

Exotic- Damage Strength +3, Bulk 6, Weight 4

Throwing Knife- Damage 8, Bulk 2, Weight 1

Throwing Star- Damage 6, Bulk 1, Weight .5

Thrown Spear- Damage 10, Bulk 15, Weight 3

Note that Spears, Axes and Swords all have a Mook Killing Power of +1, in addition to the MKP they may get for high base damage, depending on the user's strength.

-

Guns

These are descriptions of weapons. The +1 by ammo indicates an additonal bullet that can be kept in the chamber- your guns start loaded with this extra bullet but reloads will not have it. Remember the Damage and Killing Power assumes you are firing three bullets, unless otherwise noted. Reload time is in frames.

-

Very Light Pistol: Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistol.

This is the perfect secret agent weapon- it is tiny. You could sneak one of these- heck, half a dozen of these- almost anywhere without being noticed. Not really a weapon with punch, though.

Base damage: 10. Ammo capacity: 8+1. Mook Killing Power: 0. Bulk/weight: 2/2. Reload time: 3

-

Light Pistol: Glock 17.

The classic movie weapon. 40% plastic, it is light, accurate, and easy to use- no safety catch, just point and fire. It is also the standard police sidearm in the USA.

Base damage: 11. Ammo capacity: 17+1. Mook Killing Power: 0. Bulk/weight: 3/2. Reload time: 3

-

Medium Pistol: Sig-Saur P229

This nasty piece of work fires .40 calibre bullets with a lot of stopping power and has a surprising magazine capacity.

Base damage: 12 Ammo capacity: 12+1. Mook Killing Power: 1. Bulk/weight: 4/4. Reload time: 3

-

Heavy Pistol: .50 AE Desert Eagle

The granddaddy of pistols, the famed Israeli Desert Eagle with the .50 loadout packs one hell of a punch. This is the weapon Agents use.

Base damage: 13. Ammo capacity: 7+1. Mook Killing Power: 2. Bulk/weight: 5/4. Reload time: 3

-

Auto Pistol: Glock 18

This variant of the Glock is notable for two things- the fact that it can fire in fully automatic mode, and the fact that it can mount a foot-long cartridge. On a pistol this looks spectacularly ugly but it is rather neat to have a fully auto pistol!

Stats are same as Glock 17 but the bulk/weight is 4/3 with the extra magazine in, and the magazines take up more room (bulk 2 each, capacity 34+1). And it can auto fire!. Reload time: 3

-

Light Machine Pistol: Ingrams Mac 10.

This autofire weapon is compact and can be fired in one hand. It is the classic machine pistol alongside the Uzi. It has a highly efficient magazine, with a bulk of only 1.5 each.

Base damage: 11. Ammo capacity: 30+1. Mook Killing Power: 0. Bulk/Weight: 4/3. Reload time: 3

-

Heavy Machine Pistol: HK MP5K

The one-handed version of the famous special forces SMG.

Base damage: 12. Ammo capacity: 30+1. Mook Killing Power: 1. Bulk/Weight: 6/5. Reload time: 4

-

Shotgun: Dlask Tactical Entry Shotgun

Big shotgun for big business. Cannot be fired one handed. Stats are for single shot.

Base damage: 14. Ammo capacity: 8. Mook Killing Power: +2. Bulk/Weight: 9/6. Reload time: 5

-

SMG: HK MP5

King of submachine guns, used by the SAS, still in production after almost 40 years of service. Cannot be fired one handed.

Base damage: 13. Ammo capacity: 30+1. Mook Killing Power: 1. Bulk/Weight: 9/6. Reload time: 4

-

Assault Rifle: M-16

Classic high velocity US army rifle. Cannot be fired one handed.

Base damage: 14. Ammo capacity: 30+1. Mook Killing Power: 2. Bulk/Weight: 12/6. Reload time: 5

-

Sniper Rifle: HK PSG-1

Heckler and Koch’s rather neat sniper rifle. Note, sniper rifles are not very cinematic, save in films made especially for them, so have more limited use than you might think in this game. Nonetheless, this weapon can be used effectively in some scenarios. Like a shotgun, you can only fire single shots with this gun. It also, of course, suffers less from range penalties. Stats are for single shot.

Base Damage: 14. Ammo capacity: 20+1. Mook Killing Power: 2. Bulk/Weight: 12/8. Reload time: 5

-

If you want another weapon, please ask me and I shall provide the stats- however, most guns will be very similar, maybe slightly worse (for example, a Beretta 92FS (seen in the computer game) is just like a Glock but more bulky. Yuk.)

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 15th, 2004 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 02:45 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Fu Powers On-line v2.6

Below are listed all the Fu powers you can perform. Getting a good idea of which of these suit you, how they work, and the best time to use them, is probably the most important skill in fighting in this game. Don't be afraid to try things out to see how they work, and certainly do not be afraid to ask other players, who have spent good time learning themselves!

Many Fu powers involve the use of barehanded attacks, kicks and weapon strikes, and also more complex manoeuvres like blocks, pushes, holds and throws. Note that unless specifically mentioned otherwise, you cannot perform any of these whilst armed except the kicks (and, obviously, the weapon strikes- though these are often specific to a particular weapon).

Each power comes with two costs- the cost in focus, and the cost in frames. Note that Focus powers cannot be snapped or super-snapped, nor can they be used against multiple opponents unless specified.

You may only use one focus power in the same frame, unless using a modifier (see below).

You will note the powers are group into 'Paths'- each Path is based around a particular function- like hitting hard, throws, a certain weapon etc. It is important you note that the more powerful Powers in a Path need you to have already taken some of the lower ones- keep a close eye on the 'requires' line!

Some Powers may have some descriptions added to them- they work as follows:

Move action: This action involves a move. Remember you cannot move OUT of combat without fleeing, and may only move four times per sequence.

Modifier: Powers that Modify can be combined with another Path power. if you do this, pay the Focus cost for both, but only the highest Frame cost. Modifiers can be used on their own if you wish- they don't have to be used to modify, it is just an option.

Note that when combining two powers, you can only modify the same factor once. So you can combine a damage bonus with a to-hit bonus, but if you try and combine two to-hit bonuses, you would only get the higher of the two, not the two added together.

Predictable: A Predictable attack is very showy, but somewhat obvious and repeated use is no good. A Predictable attack gets -2 to hit if you have already used it in a sequence, then -3 to hit if you use it again in the same sequence, then -4 etc. This penalty resets to zero each sequence.

Inflates: Inflatable powers are difficult to keep using, requiring great concentration. Their focus cost goes up by one each time you use one in a sequence. This penalty resets to zero each sequence.

Barehanded: With the punch being the most obvious example as noted above, a Barehanded strike requires you to be unarmed and have both hands available to use. Unless it is clearly otherwise (like a Hold or Throw), a Barehanded focus attack is normally a powered-up punch.

Accurate: Accurate attacks increase your skill by one when using them (this is not the same as adding to the to-hit roll, so can be combined with such a thing)

Martial Arts attack: If a power can be used with any Martial Arts attack, that means you can define it as a Punch, Kick or attack with a weapon.

Called: A Called power can be used when it is not your action. All Defensive Actions are Called by default so I only take time to put put 'Called' on powers that can be used outside your turn but are not Defensive Actions.

Restricted: Restricted powers are very hard to learn, Each player may only have one restricted power without extra cost- each one beyond that costs an extra download point.

Simply name these powers in your posts to use them.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 24th, 2004 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 03:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

These Paths are all generally useful on the offence.

Path of the Sharpened Scales:

BITE OF THE DRAGON- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a Martial Arts attack. That blow does +3 damage. Inflates.

Requires: Nothing

SWOOP OF THE DRAGON- Focus 2, Frames 3

Jump into the air and make a Martial Arts attack on a Prone opponent. That blow gets +2 to hit. Predictable

Requires: Bite of the Dragon

SNAP OF THE DRAGON- Focus 2, Frames 2

Make a Martial Arts attack. Predictable

Requires: Swoop of the Dragon

BREATH OF THE DRAGON- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a Martial Arts attack. That attack gets +2 to hit. Predictable

Requires: Snap of the Dragon

CLAW OF THE DRAGON- Focus 4, Frames 0

Increase the outcome of that attack by four (thus doing either four extra damage or four extra Hits). You may only do this once per round. This is a Modifier. Restricted.

Requires: Breath of the Dragon

-

Path of the Passive Wings

CRANE STANCE- Focus 2, Frames 1

This is a defensive action you may use against any attack being made against you. It increases your defence by 3 if your Perception is higher than the attacker's Intelligence. Inflates.

Requires: None

CRANE TECHNIQUE- Focus 5, Frames 3

If you are in a Hold, this breaks that Hold. Inflates.

Requires: Crane Stance

FALL OF THE CRANE- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an enemy with +1 to hit. If you hit, your opponent is thrown a number of metres equal to the amount you hit him by, and takes damage equal to HIS strength plus the amount he was thrown by, plus two. Both you AND your opponent are sent Prone by this attack. If you use a power to stand immediately after this attack, you may leave combat or follow up this attack. Predictable

Requires: Crane Technique

FLIGHT OF THE CRANE- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an enemy. If it is successful, your opponent is thrown a number of metres equal to the amount you hit him by, and takes damage equal to HIS strength plus the amount he was thrown by, plus two. Your opponent is sent Prone by this attack. You may leave combat or follow up after this attack. Predictable.

Requires: Fall of the Crane

BEAK OF THE CRANE- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an enemy. If you hit, you have Held him, which makes life awkward for him… Enemies can attempt to break free of a Hold with a ‘Break’ attack that, if it hits, frees them. They are also freed if you take any action (including a Defensive one) yourself. Predictable.

Requires: Crane Technique

WING OF THE CRANE- Focus 1, Frames 3

This is an attack you can make on an opponent you have held. He is automatically thrown; this cannot be stopped. Your opponent is thrown d6 metres, and takes damage equal to the metres thrown plus your strength plus two. This sends your opponent Prone. You may leave combat or follow up after this attack. Inflates.

Requires: Beak of the Crane

TALON OF THE CRANE- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an opponent. If you hit, you have Held him. Enemies can attempt to break free of a Hold with a ‘Break’ attack with -2 to hit that, if it hits, frees them. They are also freed if you take any action (including a Defensive one) yourself. Your opponent takes five damage every time he makes this Break attempt. This damage cannot be reduced by any means. Predictable. Restricted.

Requires: Beak of the Crane

-

Path of the Hands of Light: Note this Path is currently being rebuilt and will be redesigned soon.

Basic Level:

HANDS WITHOUT SHADOW- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a Martial Arts attack. Your opponent may not use a Basic Dodge against this attack (he may use other Defensive Actions as normal). This is a Modifier.

DIM MAK- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack. That attack ignores all armour and does double damage to inanimate objects. This is a modifier.

Requires: Hands Without Shadow

LIGHTNING FIST- Focus 5, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack that is not reduced in damage by your opponent's Toughness. However, this attack cannot be modified or in any way used with another focus power! Predictable. Accurate. Restricted.

Requires: Dim Mak.

-

Path of the Healthy Tiger:

Basic Level:

CLAW OF THE TIGER- Focus 1, Frames 3.

Make a barehanded attack on an opponent; that attack does Strength +3 damage if it hits. Inflates

TIGER STANCE- Focus 2, Frames 0

Use when you have just been hit in close combat to make a Reflex Martial Arts attack on that opponent. Inflates.

Requires: Claw of the Tiger

UNYIELDING TIGER STANCE- Focus 3, Frames 0

Use when you have just been attacked in close combat to make a Reflex Martial Arts attack on that opponent. Inflates.

Requires: Tiger Stance

VENGEANCE OF THE TIGER- Focus 5, Frames X

Use when you have just been wounded in close combat. Make a Reflex attack on the person who hurt you, with a bonus to hit equal to the final damage you took. You must then make a constitution check with a difficulty of the wounds you took- if failed by more than 3, that is the amount of frames this power takes, if failed by less than 3 or passed, it is 3 frames. You may only use this power once a sequence.

Requires: Unyielding Tiger Stance

STRENGTH OF THE TIGER- Focus 1, Frames 2

Ignore up to two points of impairment for the rest of the sequence

CONTEMPLATION OF THE TIGER- Focus 2, Frames 5

Recuperate your energies and concentrate, effectively removing five wounds from you. You may only do this once per combat, and is best done when you have a spare moment, rather than in the middle of a firefight!

Requires: Strength of the Tiger

ANGER OF THE TIGER: Focus 3, Frames 1

Ignore all impairment for the rest of the sequence.

Requires: Contemplation of the Tiger

STORM OF THE TIGER: Focus X (max 4), Frames 0

Use with a barehanded strike you just hit with, to increase the damage of that strike by x twice. This must be used with a strike that does damage. You may only use this once a round. This is a modifier Restricted.

Requires: Vengeance of the Tiger and Anger of the Tiger.

-

Path of the Venerable Grasshopper Remember that these kick attacks can all be used whilst holding a weapon.

Basic Level:

KICK OF THE GRASSHOPPER- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a Kick attack. That attack does Strength +5 damage. Predictable.

THE GRASSHOPPER SWEEP- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a Kick attack which, if it hits, sends your opponent Prone as well as doing him damage. Predictable

Requires: Kick of the Grasshopper

EYE OF THE GRASSHOPPER- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a Kick attack on an opponent armed with a Gun. If you hit, you disarm the gun with your foot as well as damaging the opponent. Accurate.

Requires: The Grasshopper Sweep

JUMP OF THE GRASSHOPPER- Focus 2, Frames 3

The Trinity special! Jump gracefully up into the air, and launch a Kick at your opponent that sends him flying back. If this attack hits, the amount he is thrown is equal to the amount he was hit by plus three in metres. Damage from this is the amount thrown plus 2 plus your Strength. This sends your opponent Prone. You may leave combat or follow up after this attack. Predictable.

Requires: The Grasshopper Sweep

GRASSHOPPER STANCE- Focus 2, Frames 1

This is a Defensive Action you may take against any close combat attack. It actually REDUCES your defence by one. However, if the attack misses, your opponent is immediately hit by your foot for strength +3 damage (Mundanes take two hits), and he becomes Blocked.

Requires: Jump of the Grasshopper

FLIP OF THE GRASSHOPPER: Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a back flip, kicking at your opponent as you go. If you hit your opponent, you may also move as if you were not in combat.

Requires: Jump of the Grasshopper

UNYIELDING GRASSHOPPER STANCE- Focus 4, Frames 1

This is a Defensive Action you may take when attacked in Close Combat. It makes a Reflex Kick attack after your opponent's attack, but before you take damage. If your opponent hit, the difficulty for you to hit is increased by the amount he hit by. If this reflex attack hits, not only do you do damage, but your opponent’s attack is Countered if it was going to have hit (the attack is intercepted by your own). If you miss, your opponent’s attack proceeds as normal. Predictable. Restricted.

Requires: Grasshopper Stance

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 19th, 2004 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 02:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

These powers aid you in mobility and defence.

-

Path of the Tightening Coils:

EYES OF THE SNAKE- Focus 3, Frames 1

For the rest of the sequence, all attacks against you by Mooks take one extra frame.

SLITHER OF THE SNAKE- Focus x, Frames 1

For the rest of the sequence, X mooks find it so hard to keep track of you that they will not attack you unless you are their only target.

Requires: Eyes of the Snake

STRIKE OF THE SNAKE: Focus 3, Frames 0

Make a Martial Arts attack. If that Martial Arts attack normally takes 3 frames, it takes one instead. Inflates

Requires: Slither of the Snake

COIL OF THE SNAKE: Focus x+1, Frames 0

Make a Martial Arts attack when it is not your time to act. X is the amount of frames that need to go by before you act again- so if you are acting again on frame 4 and this is frame 7, x is 3. Inflates.

Requires: Strike of the Snake

LUNGE OF THE SNAKE: Focus 3, Frames 0

Use this at the start of a sequence. Add 3 to your available frames that sequence. Restricted.

Requires: Coil of the Snake

-

Path of the Storm Turtle:

WILLOW STEP- Focus 1, Frames 1

This is a Defensive Action that increases your Defence by 1. It becomes your defensive action against ALL attacks against you by opponents on the frame number you used it on- so you could use this to defend against all attack on frame 6, or all on frame two, and so on. Inflates

WALK OF A THOUSAND STEPS- Focus 3, Frames 1

All your Active Dodges become worth 3 points to your defence instead of 2 until the end of the sequence.

Requires: Willow Step

CLOTHED IN LIFE- Focus 1, Frames 1

Until the end of the sequence, all hits done to you by opponents with a Fu stat lower than yours do two less damage

ARMOURED IN LIFE: Focus 3, Frames 3

For the rest of the sequence, your toughness is increased by 3 for the purpose of reducing damage.

Requires: Walk of a Thousand Steps and Clothed in Life

SHIELDED IN LIFE- Focus X+1, Frames 1

This is a Defensive Action you can take AFTER being hit. It cannot be used if you already took a Defensive Action against this attack. Reduce the damage by X as you slip away at the last moment.

Requires: Armoured in Life

FOREWARNED IN LIFE- Focus 1, Frames 0

Activate any power that lasts until the end of the round, paying both costs as normal. This can be Called. Using this to activate such a focus power counts as using one power, not two. Restricted.

Requires: Shielded in Life

KING ON THE WATER- Focus 3, Frames 3

This is a Defensive Action that can be used against any attack. If your Charisma stat is higher than the attacker's, that attack misses.

Requires: Walk of a Thousand Steps

SHELL OF THE TURTLE- Focus 2, Frames 1

This is a Defensive Action that can be used against any Guns attack. It increases your defence by 3. Inflates

NATURAL ORDER- Focus 3, Frames 1

This is a Defensive Action that can be used against any Gun attack. That Gun attack misses, without any roll being made. This defensive action can be used whilst Prone. Inflates

Requires: Shell of the Turtle

WISDOM OF THE TURTLE- Focus 3, Frames 1

Increase your defence against a gun attack by two. This is not a Defensive action, it can be called at any point during the attack- including after it hits, which may make the attack miss. Inflates.

Requires: Natural Order

LAUGHTER OF THE TURTLE- Focus 4, Frames 2

For the rest of the sequence, all gun attacks against you get -1 to hit.

Requires: Wisdom of the Turtle, King on the Water (restricted)

-

Path of the Leaping Storm:

Basic Level:

PRODIGIOUS LEAP- Focus 1, Frames x

Make a jump twice times your agility in metres. This is a move action. It does not make you move any faster than running (and hence takes as many frames as however it would have taken to run there would). This power also allows you to run along walls for the same distance.

FLYING WHIRLWIND KICK- Focus 4, Frames 5

Jump into the air and make a huge series of kicks on your opponent. Make a kick attack- if you hit, you get a bonus attack. If that hits, you get another bonus attack, and so on until you miss. Predictable.

Requires: Prodigious Leap

ABUNDANT LEAP- Focus 2, Frames x

Make a jump four times your agility in metres. This is a move action. It does not make you move any faster than running (and hence takes as much exertion as however it would have taken to run there would). This power also allows you to run along walls for the same distance.

Requires: Prodigious Leap

VERTICAL DODGE- Focus 3, Frames 1

This is a defensive action you may take if you are next to a vertical surface. Run off it and flip away to make an impressive dodge. It becomes your defensive action, worth 2 points to your defence, against ALL attacks against by opponents on the frame number you use it on- so you could use this to defend against all attack on frame six, or all on frame two, and so on. Inflates

Requires: Abundant Leap

VERTICAL KICK- Focus 1, Frames 3

This is a move action. Run along a vertical surface to power up a Kick you will make after using this. You can move as you take this action. That Kick must be a charge. If you take this Kick, it will do +3 damage if it hits. Note, this power improves your next Kick, it does not create the Kick in of itself, hence that Kick may be one using a Focus power.

Requires: Vertical Dodge

FLYING WEAPON- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a jumping weapon attack, flying through the air, weapon outstretched. This can only be used as a charge, and only once per combat on the same person. This attack does double your Agility in damage- double your opponent's Toughness subtracts.

Requires: Abundant Leap

WATER WEAPON- Focus 1, Frames 1

Twirl your Weapon around in a display that makes it hard to see. Your next atack with that weapon is Accurate. Inflates.

Requires: Flying Sword

VERTICAL CHARGE- Focus 3, Frames 3

This acts like Vertical Kick, but with a Weapon.

Requires: Flying Sword

GATHERING OF THE CLOUDS- Focus 1, Frames 0

Use this when making a Continuous action (e.g. moving and firing) to negate the extra frame cost for that action.

AWESOME DOWNPOUR- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a Martial Arts attack on two nearby named (i.e. non-mook) opponents. You make a single roll against both. The higher of the skills of the two opponents is the difficulty to hit. Both opponents take the same amount of damage. Inflates

Requires: Gathering of the Clouds

RAIN OF FURY- Focus 2, Frames 0

Use this when you have just Hit a Mook but failed to kill him. Attack that Mook again. Inflates.

Requires: Awesome Downpour

TORRENT OF FURY- Focus 8, Frames all

Spend all of your frames to enter a beserk frenzy. Attack an opponent. If you hit that opponent, you may immediately charge and attack another. You may repeat this until you miss or are in some way prevented from moving (e.g. sent prone by a Reflex attack). Inflates. Cannot be modified. Restricted.

Requires: Rain of Fury

-

Path of the Clever Fox:

Basic Level:

THE FOX'S RETREAT- Focus 2, Frames 1

This is a Defensive Action you may use on a Close Combat attack. It increases your defence by 3. Inflates

TAIL OF THE FOX- Focus 2, Frames 0

Use when hit by a melee weapon. You twist out of the way at the last moment, reducing the damage taken by the amount of extra damage the weapon does. This is a modifier, and it can be Called. Inflates

Requires: The Fox's Retreat

EYE OF THE FOX: Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an opponent with a gun. If successful, you take the gun and also smash the opponent with the butt, doing strength +2 damage with a small gun or +3 if a large gun, acting as if you had hit with an outcome equal to a single die roll. You may keep or dispose of the weapon as you choose, at no cost. Predictable

Requires: Tail of the Fox

LAUGHTER OF THE FOX- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an opponent with a gun. If successful, you take the gun and shoot him with it, firing the maximum practical bullets as if you had just hit him with the outcome of a single die roll. You may keep or dispose of the weapon as you choose, at no cost. Predictable.

Requires: Eye of the Fox

LUCK OF THE FOX- Focus 1, Frames 3

For the rest of the sequence, you may use Focus points as fortune points. However, each time you do so, add five to your damage taken! Restricted.

Requires: Laughter of the Fox

-

Path of the Crouching Monk:

SPINNING MONK RECOVERY- Focus 2, Frames 1

This is a Defensive Action you may use whilst Prone. Add 2 to your defence. Inflates

WHIRLING MONK RECOVERY- Focus 3, Frames 2

This is a Defensive action you may use whilst Prone. Add 3 to your defence. Inflates.

Requires: Spinning Monk Recovery

IMPRESSIVE MONK DEFENCE- Focus 3, Frames 0

Use when Prone and being attacked by someone using a Focus power, to negate all bonus damage from that power. This is a modifier, and can be Called. Inflates

Requires: Whirling Monk Recovery

RECKLESS MONK RECOVERY- Focus 3, Frames 1

Use when you are sent Prone. Make a Martial Arts Check against difficulty 15. If successful, you are not sent Prone. If you fail, increase your damage taken by the amount you failed by. This is a modifier and can be called. Inflates.

Requires: Impressive Monk Defence

SERENE MONK RECOVERY- Focus 4, Frames 1

Use when you are sent Prone. Make a Martial Arts Check against difficulty 15. If successful, you are not sent Prone. This is a modifier and can be called. Inflates. Restricted.

Requires: Reckless Monk Recovery

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 2nd, 2004 at 12:24 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 09:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

These powers involve more advanced combination tactics- like Blocking or knocking an opponent down Prone.

-

Path of the Invincible Scholar: These powers are used to Block opponents- Blocking in itself does not do anything unless you have something that compliments it.

EAGLE SCHOLAR'S BLOCK- Focus 0, Frames 1

This is a Defensive action that can be used against Close Combat attacks when you are barehanded. It adds nothing to your defence but if the attack misses, the attacker becomes Blocked.

LEARNED TUTOR'S BLOCK: Focus 1, Frames 1

This is a Defensive action that can be used against Close Combat attacks when you are barehanded. It adds two to your defence and if the attack misses, the attacker becomes Blocked. Inflates

Requires: Eagle Scholar's Block

SEVEN SCHOLAR’S BLOCK: Focus 1, Frames 1

Any close combat attacker on you for the rest of this round whilst you are barehanded that missed becomes Blocked. If you ever make a Defensive Action that is not from this Path this round, this power is cancelled.

Requires: Learned Tutor's Block

SEVEN SCHOLAR’S HOLD: Focus 2, Frames 0

This is a Defensive Action you may use when being attacked by an opponent who is currently Blocked by you. It increases your defence by 3.

Requires: Seven Scholar's Block

LURE OF THE MASTER- Focus 1, Frames 0

Gesture towards your opponent to goad him into an attack on you. If your Charisma is higher than your target's, your target immediately gets a free attack on you, charging if necessary. This attack must be a Basic attack, with no powers used with it. If that attack is Blocked, your next attack against this opponent gets +2 to hit. This power may only be used once a sequence.

Requires: Seven Scholar's Block

WISE MASTER'S BLOCK- Focus 3, Frames 1

This is a Defensive action that can be used against Close Combat attacks when you are barehanded. It adds three to your defence and if the attack misses, it becomes Blocked instead of Countered. Inflates. Restricted.

Requires: Lure of the Master

-

Path of the Defensive Master: These attacks are for use with Blocking. Do not use this Path if you cannot Block! Note YOU have to be the one that Blocked the opponent to use these powers!

Basic level:

DEVIOUS MONK TECHNIQUE- Focus 3, Frames 3

If you are Blocked, you become unblocked. This can be Called. Inflates.

SUPER FLASH HAND- Focus 0, Frames 1

Make a barehanded attack on a Blocked opponent.

Requires: Devious Monk Technique

PRODIGIOUS WHIRLWIND KICK- Focus 1, Frames 4

Run up a blocked opponent and unleash a series of Kicks. If you hit, you make a bonus kick for free, and if that hits, you attack again, and so on until you miss. This attack is predictable.

ASTOUNDING MULE KICK- Focus 0, Frames 3

Run up a Blocked opponent and give him an ALMIGHTY kick. If it hits, your opponent is thrown back across the room. The amount he is thrown is equal to the amount he was hit by plus three in metres. Damage from this is the amount thrown plus 2 plus your Strength. This sends your opponent Prone. You may leave combat or follow up after this attack. This attack is Predictable.

Requires: Prodigious Whirlwind Kick

DOUBLE SCORPION HAND- Focus 0, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on a Blocked opponent that gets either +2 to hit or does +5 damage if it hits (choose when you make the attack). This is a Predictable attack.

Requires: Super Flash Hand

SECRET MONGOLIAN HAND- Focus 1, Frames 1

Make a barehanded attack on a Blocked opponent. If you hit, in addition to doing damage, your opponent becomes Blocked again. This is a Predictable attack.

Requires: Double Scorpion Hand

SHAOLIN SAGE HAND- Focus 0, Frames 3

Make a Martial Arts attack on a Blocked opponent. Your opponent may not make a basic dodge against this attack. This is a modifier. Accurate. Inflates.

ANGRY TUTOR REBUKE- Focus 0, Frames 0

Use when attacked by an opponent you have blocked. Make a simultaneous Martial Arts reflex attack in that opponent. Inflates.

Requires: Sholin Sage Hand

SEVEN SHAOLIN FLIP- Focus 2, Frames 3

Use on an opponent you have blocked. This attack cannot be stopped- your opponent is Thrown. It counts as having hit by an amount equal to a d6 roll. The range of the throw is equal to this roll plus two in metres. Damage is equal to the range of the throw plus your strength. This sends your opponent Prone. You may leave combat or follow up after this attack. You may only use this power once on an opponent in a single combat. Restricted.

Requires: Angry Tutor Rebuke (Restricted)

-

Path of the Falling Willow:

SACRED WILLOW PUSH- Focus 0, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an opponent. If you hit, he takes no damage but is sent Prone. Predictable. Accurate.

TWO LOTUS PUSH- Focus 0, Frames 2

Make a barehanded attack on a Blocked opponent with +3 to hit. If you hit, he takes no damage but is sent Prone. Predictable.

Requires: Sacred Willow Push

TWO LOTUS TWIST- Focus 1, Frames 2

Use on a Blocked opponent. He is sent Prone automatically; this cannot be stopped. You may only use this power once a sequence.

Requires: Two Lotus Push

INSANE MONK PUSH- Focus 1, Frames 2

Make a barehanded attack on an opponent that gets +2 to hit and cannot have a Basic dodge used against it (other Defensive Actions are allowed). If it hits, both you and your opponent are sent Prone. This may only be used once a sequence.

Requires: Sacred Willow Push

ROARING DRAGON PUSH- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an opponent. If it hits, he takes Punch damage and is sent Prone. Predictable. Accurate.

Requires: Insane Monk Push

INTEGRATED WILLOW PUSH- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on an opponent. If successful, it does no damage but your opponent is sent Prone. If your next attack is a power that can only be used against Prone opponents, reduce the focus cost of the power by 3. Predictable. Accurate.

Requires: Roaring Dragon Push

THREE TIGER SWEEP- Focus 4, Frames 0

Use when you have been sent Prone by an opponent in close combat. Make a barehanded Reflex attack against that opponent. If hit hits, it does no damage but you are no longer Prone, and your opponent is sent prone. This is a modifier, and it can be called. Predictable. Restricted.

Requires: Integrated Willow Push

-

Path of the Swooping Eagle:

Basic Level:

TALON OF THE EAGLE- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a barehanded attack on a Prone opponent. This is at +2 to hit and does strength +2 damage if it hits. Predictable.

SCREAMING EAGLE SWOOP- Focus 2, Frames 3

Jump into the air and land, making a Kick attack at a Prone opponent. This Kick is not at the normal penalty to hit. It gets +2 to hit and does +2 damage if it hits. Predictable.

Requires: Talon of the Eagle

DREADED EAGLE SWOOP- Focus 3, Frames 3

Jump into the air and land, making a Kick attack at a Prone opponent. This Kick is not at the normal penalty to hit. It gets +2 to hit and does +2 damage if it hits. If you hit your opponent is sent Prone again. You may only make this attack once a sequence.

Requires: Screaming Eagle Swoop

AMAZING FLYING EAGLE SWOOP- Focus 4, Frames 4

The Morpheus special! Leap high into the air, spread your arms like an eagle, and come storming down on your opponent for a devastating floor-smashing kick attack! This kick is not at the normal –1 to hit. It gets +3 to hit and does +4 damage! It can only be used once a sequence.

Requires: Dreaded Eagle Swoop

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 8th, 2004 at 12:11 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 09:31 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

These Paths are all for use with weapons.

-

Path of the Jade Emperor: These only work with swords, of course!

Basic Level:

HAND OF THE JADE EMPEROR- Focus 3, Frames 2

Make a Sword attack. Accurate. Inflates.

JADE EMPEROR'S STANCE- Focus 4, Frames 1

This is a defensive action against close combat attacks that adds +1 to your defence. If the attack misses, you get a free Reflex attack with your sword on that opponent.

Requires: Hand of the Jade Emperor

ROAR OF THE JADE EMPEROR- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a Sword attack. The attack does an additional +2 damage. Predictable

Requires: Hand of the Jade Emperor

ROARING BLADE STRIKE- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a Sword attack. That attack ignores all armour the target has, and does double damage against inanimate objects. Predictable. This is a modifer.

Requires: Roar of the Jade Emperor

DECEPTIVE BLADE STRIKE- Focus 1, Frames 0

Throw your sword in the air and perform an attack as if barehanded. You then catch your sword. This is a modifer.

Requires: Jade Emperor's Stance

GIFT OF THE EMPEROR- Focus 1, Frames 0

Use this when you have just Hit a mook with your Sword, but failed to kill him. You run the mook through with your sword, killing him. However, your blade is left in him and you may not use it for five frames (and if you move away, the Sword is counted as dropped). You count as barehanded for these five frames.

Requires: Jade Emperor's Stance

LOYALTY OF THE BLADE- Focus 1, Frames 3

Pick up a dropped sword (this normally takes five frames). THis can be called.

Requires: Deceptive Blade Strike

SWOOP OF THE JADE EMPEROR- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a leaping sword attack on a Prone opponent. That attack gets +2 to hit and +2 damage if it hits. Predictable

Requires: Roaring Blade Strike

WHIRLWIND BLADE ONSLAUGHT- Focus 4, Frames 3

You whirl your blade for an near-undodgeable assault. Make a Sword attack with +3 to hit. Predictable. Restricted.

Requires: Swoop of the Jade Emperor

-

Path of the Lone Bamboo: And these only work with spears and staves...

Basic Level:

SWIPE OF THE BAMBOO- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a spear attack on two nearby mooks at once. Use the higher of their dodge values as the difficulty; both targets take the same damage. Inflates.

LEAP OF THE BAMBOO- Focus 2, Frames x

Pole-vault with your weapon to leap 5 times your Agility in metres. This is a move action and moves you no faster than running (the exertion cost is equal to the amount of exertion it would take you to run there).

Requires: Swipe of the Bamboo

RETREAT OF THE SAGE- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a spear attack that, if it hits, allows you to move, safely leaving combat. Predictable.

Requires: Sweep of the Bamboo

BAMBOO LOTUS SWEEP- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a Spear attack on an opponent; if it hits, the opponent is sent Prone as well as taking damage. Predictable

Requires: Retreat of the Sage

SWOOP OF THE BAMBOO- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make an overhead spear attack on a Prone opponent. This gets +2 to hit. Predictable.

Requires: Bamboo Lotus Sweep

SECRET SHAOLIN STRIKE- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a Spear attack on a mook with a Mook Killing Power bonus of +3.

Requires: Retreat of the Sage

ROAR OF THE BAMBOO- Focus 1, Frames 3

Make a spear attack. That attack ignores all armour the target has, and does double damage against inanimate objects. Predictable. This is a modifier.

Requires: Secret Shaolin Strike

THE BAMBOO STANCE- Focus 2, Frames 0

This must be declared alongside any other action, and takes effect first. You ready your spear for the next opponent who comes near. This power lasts until the end of the sequence, but is cancelled if you make an attack or are attacked in close combat. However, if attacked iun close combat, you immediately get a reflex spear atack against that opponent, beforee his attack happens.

Requires: Secret Shaolin Strike

ONSLAUGHT OF THE BAMBOO- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a Spear attack on up tp three nearby mooks. Make a seperate roll on each; for each hit you score whilst making these rolls you get +1 to hit for the remainder of the rolls, and this is cumulative. Predictable. Restricted.

Requires: The Bamboo Stance

-

Path of the Iron Butterfly: And these only work with knives!

Basic Level:

BITE OF THE BUTTERFLY- Focus 1, Frames 2

Make a Knife attack

BUTTERFLY STANCE- Focus 1, Frames 1

Use this if your knives are ever disarmed. Throw the opponent who disarmed you, as if you had succeeded on a throw attempt on him with a result equal to half a d6 die roll. This sends your opponent Prone, and does damage equal to that result plus your strength, not reduced. This is a modifier. This can be Called.

Requires: Bite of the Butterfly

ADAPTIVE BUTTERFLY STYLE- Focus 2, Frames 1

For the rest of the round, you may take barehanded actions even with your knives out.

Requires: Butterfly Stance

PRISON OF THE BUTTERFLY- Focus 3, Frames 3

Make a knife attack which, if it succeeds, places your opponent in a Hold with your knife to his throat. Enemies can attempt to break free of a Hold with a ‘Break’ attack that, if it hits, frees them. They are also freed if you take any action (including a Defensive one) yourself. Your opponent takes eight damage every time he makes this Break attempt (Mundanes get a free attack with a Killing Power of +2 made against them) This damage cannot be reduced by any means. Predictable.

Requires: Butterfly Stance

STING OF THE BUTTERFLY- Focus 2, Frames 1

Make a Knife attack

Requires: Bite of the Butterfly

FLIGHT OF THE BUTTERFLY- Focus 2, Frames 3

Throw a hand knife as if it were a throwing knife, with +2 to hit.

Requires: Sting of the Butterfly

VENGEANCE OF THE BUTTERFLY- Focus 3, Frames 0

Make a Knife attack. You may only use this power once per sequence. May may use another focus power in the same frame as this.

Requires: Flight of the Butterfly

-

Path of the Defiant Farmer: This Path is purely for nunchaku.

Basic level:

DISPLAY OF THE OX- Focus 0, Frames 1

Make a flashy set of moves with your nunchaku, passing them behind you etc. This makes your next attack with them do +2 damage.

OX STANCE- Focus 1, Frames 0

Stand ready with your nunchaku. Use when an opponent charges you. You get a reflex attack against that attack that resolves before your opponent's strike.

Requires: Display of the Ox

GRIP OF THE OX- Focus 2, Frames 1

You entangle your opponent's weapon. This is a Defensive Action you may use against an attack by a Melee weapon. It increases your defence by 3. Inflates

Requires: Display of the Ox

PRISON OF THE OX- Focus 2, Frames 3

Make a nunchaku attack which, if it succeeds, places your opponent in a Hold with your nunchaku wrapped around his arm. Enemies can attempt to break free of a Hold with a ‘Break’ attack that, if it hits, frees them. They are also freed if you take any action (including a Defensive one) yourself. Your opponent takes four damage every time he makes this Break attempt (Mundanes get a free attack made against them instead) This damage cannot be reduced by any means. Predictable.

Requires: Grip of the Ox

RETURN OF THE OX- Focus 2, Frames 0

Use this when you have just hit an opponent with your Nunchaku. Attack that opponent again. This is a modifier. You can only do this once per attack. Inflates.

Requires: The Ox Stance

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 2nd, 2004 at 12:53 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 09:46 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

SPECIAL POWERS

These useful powers- that run off your Focus but are not literally Fu powers- are purchased at the cost of one download space each. All of these powers can be used in the same frame as another fu power.

INTEGRATION OF THE CLOUDS- Focus 1, Frames 0

Chose two other Focus powers that share a significant word (as in not 'and, or, the etc.'). You may use both these powers at once in this frame as if one was a modifier. This can be used to combine two similar powers- e,g. Breath and Claw of the Dragon- or two powers from different Paths- like Insane Monk Push and Serene Monk Recovery- to create impressive effects- powers have been named deliberately to encourage this.

DANCING SHAOLIN STANCE- No cost

All Martial Arts rolls you make that are not offensive- normally acrobatics- get +2.

UNPREDICTABLE SHADOW ATTACK- No cost

A person with Unpredictable Shadow Attack can only have the same Defensive Action used against his Martial Arts attacks, by the same person, twice per sequence. Active Dodge is immune to this.

ADAPTIVE GHOST DEFENCE- Focus 2, Frames 0

Use this when when a fu attack that has already been made by the same person against you this sequence is made again. Increase your dodge by two. This, of course, can be called, but it is not a defensive action, and you may take a DA on top of this.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 4th, 2004 at 12:02 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 01:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gun Tricks On-line v2.6

These are pretty simple- you can each each Trick more than once for a better effect; you always can use the lower powers, if they are not built into the higher ones.

The fourth level in each Gun Trick is Restricted.

Both Guns Blazing

This allows the firing of two one-handed weapons- one in each hand. This is inaccurate and hard to balance with burst fire, and the more levels you take the more you remove these disadvantages.

You may either use BGB to fire at two targets- with the standard penalty to hit- or to fire at the same target, in which case you make a single attack that does extra damage. The base damage of the attack is equal to the damage of both weapons, but your target subtracts his toughness twice.

When used against a Mook, the guns get a Killing Power bonus of +1 if the combined damage is 20, and another +1 for each two points of base damage beyond that.

When using BGB both guns must fire the same amount of bullets/bursts.

BGB also has a secondary use of allowing you to carry a melee weapon and a gun at the same time.

Level 1- You may fire two one-handed weapons with -1 to hit and a limit of 2 on the number of bursts each weapon can fire. You may wield a Gun and melee weapon with -3 to hit with both

Level 2- You may now fire three bursts. The melee/gun penality is -2

Level 3- There is now no penalty to hit with firing two weapons, and the gun/melee penalty is -1

Level 4- You may fire two guns, or use a gun and melee weapon, with no penalties or burst limit at all.

-

Coppertop Killer

This Trick makes you highly effective at killing Mooks.

Level 1- Your gun attacks get an additional Mook Killing Power

Level 2- Your gun attacks also take one less frame against mooks

Level 3- The MKP becomes +2

Level 4- Your gun attacks against mooks now take two less frames

-

Eagle Eye

This allows precise shots that avoid the problems of armour, cover and range. Each level of Eagle Eye (up to four) reduces any penalties to hit from range or armour by one, and from cover by two

-

Lightning Reload

This allows you to refill those troublesome empty guns far faster! It also allows you to carry larger amounts of ammunition- as action film heroes seem to be able to do!

Each level in Lightning Reload reduces the amount of time it takes to re-load by one, to a minimum of one.

Every two levels in Lightning Reload reduces the bulk of all clips by .5, to a minimum of .5.

Lightning Reload is out of 4.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 2nd, 2004 at 02:01 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 07:09 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

GLOSSARY

Accurate: Accurate attacks increase your skill by one when using them.

Action Value: The final result of a roll you make- so if you have a skill of 10 and roll +2, the action value is 12.

Active Dodge: The basic Defensive Action, which increases your dodge by 2.

Barehanded: Barehanded attacks or defences require you to be unarmed and with both hands available.

Botch: A spectacularly bad result caused by either rolling far too low, or by a boxcars.

Boxcars: Potential bad luck on an action, caused by rolling two sixes on the intial roll, which means both dice have to be re-rolled. A failure on the second roll causes a botch.

Called Action: Any action you can use when it is not your turn- the most common type being a Defensive Action.

Continuous Action: A action being performed in the background whilst doing something else- the most obvious example is running whilst firing; the running is the 'continuous' part. Running to somewhere may take three frames, but if firing also takes three frames, it does not make it six to do both as you can fire whilst you are running, and do both at once. Continuous actions normally take one frame longer than normal- so running and firing takes four frames in all. Circumstances may add to the penalty of a continuous action.

Death Check: A check made to see if a Player or Named Character actually stays up and fighting, Failing a Death Check takes you out a fight. Death Checks are made on your Constitution and have a difficulty equal to the amount of damage you have taken past 35.

99% of Death Checks are made due to taking excessive damage. In some extreme other circumstances you may have to take one for a different reason, in which case the difficulty may also be set arbitrarily.

Despite the name, Death Checks are rarely instantly fatal. Failing by a small amount represents being simply taken down or knocked out. Severe failures indictae a fatal wound; the larger the failure, the quicker you must receive medical attention. Extreme failures really do mean an instant death (though in a game simulating a film, Heroes and Villains inevitably have time for either dramatic last words, or to stumble and fall off a building, or some such thing).

Defensive Action: An effort made to get out of the way of something- either an Active Dodge, or a Focus power that states it is a Defensive Action. All Defensive Actions are Called when you are attacked, if you wish to make one. They normally cost one frame.

Framed out: Term for someone who has run out of frames. People who are framed out may still take defensive actions but the frames are lost from the next sequence instead.

Frames: The means via which how often and when you act in a sequence is determined. The person with the highest number of frames is the next person to act, and each move spends frames until you have none left.

Impairment: A penalty to all rolls you make. Wounds are the most common cause of Impairment but there are others.

Inflates: Inflating attacks cost more and more if you keep using them. See the Main Rules.

Initiative: A term used to define the number of frames you start a round with. So if I roll a 5 and your speed is 8, you start on frame 13- this is called having an initiative of 13.

Mook: One of the mass numbers of unnamed and relatively unskilled opponents you meet. Mooks are easily eliminated, but dangerous in large numbers.

Mook Killing Power: Mooks do not take damage, but are eliminated by attacks against them with a good Outcome. Attacks with a positive Mook Killing Power require less Outcome to kill a mook. Attacks with a negative killing power actually reduce from the Outcome rolled.

Outcome: The amount you pass a roll by- so if you needed 12 and rolled 15, the Outcome is 3. Outcome is the vital result against Mooks, but it also does extra damage against any opponent. In some cases I may need to measure negative outcome.

Passive Dodge: Your standard difficulty to be hit, based upon the idea that your character is always trying to make a basic effort to get out of the way of things. Passive dodge is always 'on'. It is equal to your highest combat skill- however, your passive dodge with Guns is at -2 if used against a Close Combat Attack. You may always use Martial Arts if its dodge is more favourable.

Note that in extreme circumstances- like if you are totally surprised, or tied to a chair- your passive dodge is zero. Eeek!

Predictable: Predictable attacks are less likely to hit if continuously used. See the Main Rules.

Restricted: Restricted Fu powers or Gun Tricks are expensive to buy in the Download system. Fu powers are noted if restricted; all Gun Tricks are Restricted at level 4.

Sequence: The standard division of time in fights- everything is timed around how much you can get done in one sequence. Sequences are split into Frames. Powers that have a lingering effect tend to last until the current sequence is finished.

Snapping: Taking an action faster than it normally takes, but making it harder in the progress. Snapping makes an action take one frame less than usual but at -2 to your roll; super snapping makes it take two frames less but at -5.

There are limits to what can be snapped. Movement actions can never be reduced, nor any action which does not require a roll (and so is assumed to be being done as fast as it can be anyway)- like reloading. Most importantly, any use of a Power or Trick with a frame cost can never be snapped unless it specifies otherwise.

Wounds: Interchangeable with Damage (though literally speaking, damage causes wounds), each Player, Named Character and Super Mook has a wound track; successful hits on a character causes damage and increases this track. 'Wounds' are not necessarily literal; they can represent fatigue, running out of luck, and losing the 'flow' of a combat. Once they start building up, however, wounds often represent actual wounds. Once you take 25 wounds, you are impaired once; at 30 you are impaired twice, at 35 and above you start taking Death Checks every time you are hit. Supermooks do not become impaired but are automatically killed at 35 or more wounds.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 28th, 2004 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:02 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, folks, I have re-done the powers and Tricks to reflect the new system! I hope San and Cloud can remember what powers they had before because the Path Levels have gone. Note the Special Powers have now been placed here also!

Any questions or comments?

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 2nd, 2004 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 02:31 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I wrote down all my old powers so I'll just need to look up their new names or whatever...right (haven't actually looked at them yet)

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 06:43 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

OK now I've read it. I'm just glad I've got my easter holidays to sort Cloud out

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 06:48 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, I've got my powers all written down.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 11:01 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

And that was 3 months ago...

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:05 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just added some more references to the Glossary, which will port over to Star Wars soon.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:32 PM