KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Hunting the Gurtha Maten --The Hunt--

Hunting the Gurtha Maten --The Hunt--
Started by: AcrypT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AcrypT
Reach out to me

Hunting the Gurtha Maten --The Hunt--

Hunting the Gurtha Maten: The Hunt

The year two-thousand was a year that all humans were proud to be a part of. They had mastered much of the science they were interested in (or so they thought) and began planning the next millenia. Genetic engineering, definitely the most studied science of the new millenia, how to take a human or any other living thing mix and transform their genes causing the creation of a new species. While the years passed humans had created thousands of new creatures that they mostly froze to keep alive and study. Another thing worth mentioning is that earths population had reached an unbelievable six billion people. Humankind had more important things to deal with than the fact that they were rapidly growing in population. They continued to burn all of earths precious resources not thinking of what they would do when it all ran out. A direct result of cutting down forests and destroying grasslands was the rapid growth of deserts, this they called "Desertification" but they had no real plans to deal with it yet at any matter. More deserts mean more dust in the atmosphere, dust chokes clouds causing less rain, less rain causes more deserts, a circle that promises no good. It was not until 78% of earths dry-land was desert that they thought that there might be a problem but by then they had other problems to worry about. Overpopulation, It was no secret that mankind was growing rapidly in numbers, at an average growth rate of 125,000 people a day at the year 2000 the population was growing fast. By the year 2050 earth's population had doubled itself, with more and more desert forming on dry-land a feeding problem soon became present. How were mankind supposed to feed twelv-billion people with the little food they could produce in desert conditions. People were hungry but still more children were born, apparently even more than before. It proved hard to keep order when order had to be kept over so many people, sex was growing popular now that parents were too busy or disturbed to prevent it. Protected sex now was an expense that few were willing to pay and babies were being born more than ever. The situation was going downhill until eventually by the year 2150 earth was damaged beyond repair, mankind was living in total anarchy. No one could or would try even to have any kind of control over mankind...All twenty-six-billion of them. After the war between the people and the government it seemed as if time was going in reverse to undo all that was done, there wasn't barley anything to show the advancements humans had achieved during their stay on earth. Cities layed in rubble, People lived in the ruins, in caves or just layed on the streets waiting for death to take them. People would kill for food, for a warm place to sleep and sometimes just to show they could. Now the population started to drop, many died of starvation, the bodies of the dead were just left to rot. The decayed bodies spread diseases, diseases which spread rapidly in such primitive and crowded conditions. Twelve years passed, December 1st 2162, "Death Day", an outbreak started, a disease to which no cure could be found. It spread rapidly and killed effectively, hundreds of thousands of people died each day, nothing seemed important anymore in this struggle to survive. In the great struggle to survive one thing was done that was probably the greatest thing humans have ever accomplished, they locked all the still frozen creatures they created in underground bunkers all over the world in order to preserve them and give some hope for a future life on earth. It then took three slow and gruesome years for the plague to claim the lives of all humanity, they never did find a cure for the plague they called "Death"...

Tens of thousands of years passed and everything was quiet, time seemed to stand still, there was nothing left to remember what once used to be. Weather and earthquakes gradually changed the face of the planet...
Something stirred in the wilderness, Something was alive, an intelligent creature of some sort. Slowly out of the wilderness creatures of all sorts began to appear, they came out of strange frozen pods and crept out of the ground. After all these years, the forgotten creatures were freed from their icy prison. Soon the world was awake and once again very alive. The greater part of the creatures adapted to the world quickly, those who didn't perished. It was not long before villages were built, languages were formed and creatures were given names. Most of the creatures stuck to their own kind but yet other larger groups that were being formed unknowingly and inevitably were good and evil. Such titles aren't as they seem, black vs white but a mear preference to either side, creatures that seeked a peaceful life and creatures that had bigger plans. So life went on with no major events other than wars, the building and destruction of great empires and magic. Yes magic had crept into this new born world, not all creatures were gifted with the capability to deal with and understand magic but in some way or another all were affected by it. There were creatures that seemed to have the very essence of magic flowing in their blood, these were the most powerful magical creatures and were in most cases very respected and/or feared. Not all creatures needed to be a magical life form to understand and use magic, some could learn magic instead of it coming to them naturally.
It wasn't long before the creatures history was forgotten, there were none left who knew how they came to be on this world, it seemed like a given thing, something that always was. Ancient legends that told of the first beings told a tail of Ice and earth having an affair which resulted in the creation of new beings, it seemed like a likely tale to the new world and continued unchallenged as the story of creation.

This new world seemed flawless but is there really such thing as a flawless world...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 06:22 PM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

Screams of agony could be heard through out the country side.... a young Elf rode at full speed three days strait and collapsed at huge doors made of ice and sand. Quickly the Elf was taken, he was fed and his wounds were mended. While he slept he spoke of what he had seen, horrible monsters, "Gurtha Maten", he called them (which means "Death Eaters" in Elvish). It took several more days for the Elf to awake, his eyes where wide with fear when he did. He rambled on and on about an army of monsters who could not be killed. "In the beginning we could barley see them", he said, "they cary no weapons, no armor and by some magic they seem to blend in with their background". "The first time I got a good look at one was in the moon light, it looked as if they were made out of solid bone and had only a thin layer of skin to cover them, only in the moon light did i first notice that they had white skin". "They had clawed feet and hands which they used to gash open their pray". "They moved with surprising speed and accuracy, they could easily climb a tree or swim across a river". "They stood bent over, like an old man or an ape and were not very big either, by no means were they small but they were no bigger than an average size Elf". "Rumour says that these creatures come from "Daedeloth" (Land of the Dead), there they came out of the earth, blood thirsty and in large numbers. They fight in packs and after each victory they stay in the village they've conquered until they consumed every last body, thus giving them the name "Gurtha Maten" (Death Eaters). When we went to help our allies in the neighboring town "Mitsan" we found that we couldn't kill the beasts, so we fled back home to "Ostamban", I saw with my own eyes how arrows hit them but had no affect on them at all, they barley penetrated their skin, I shattered my sword on one of them and moments later it did this", he lifted his shirt to show a gash across his left breast. He continued to explain through out the night... The chosen few of The Cort of Ice & Stone gathered together, they were some of the most respected creatures known through out the land and the people always turned to them in times of great need. They sat for three days discussing how to deal with these creatures, finally they came to an agreement. Aseymon, a tall Elf, one of the oldest Elves alive, leader of The Council of Stone & Ice, approached the Elf on the third day, "I do not expect you to agree to this task I ask of you, but please hear me out...." the Elf nodded slowly, "First, What is your name young Elf?", he slowly raised his head and replied "My friends and family used to call me, Istalindar Utinu, but I would rather you call me Istalindir" (Istalindar Utinu=Spellsingers son, Istalindir=Spelsinger, in Elvish) He clenched his fists in a tight ball "all of my family and friends have been slaughtered by the beasts". Aseymon nodded "I understand" he paused before continuing "I have pondered on how... or more why you survived and with your knowledge of the beasts you seem to be the most capable of doing this task...", Istalindir cut in "What is it you are asking of me?", "Do you wish for me to lead an army and destroy the beasts?" Aseymon Shook his head "Not yet...I see in you eyes the furry, the need for vengeance for everyone who has been lost, but what I ask of you is neither less heroic nore less important, I want you and a group of capable men like yourself to go out to find and kill one of these creatures and bring it back here so that we can learn from it and find ways to kill them", Aseymon studied Istalindir as he sunk deep in thought. Nearly three hours had past while Aseymon stood by him patiently, when Istalindir finally made up his mind. "I will do it, but where will I find such a group?", he asked. "Soon many warriors like yourself will be seeking vengeance on the beasts, as you are, but I can not find them for you, they will come to you on there own" Aseymon tuned to leave but stopped and called out "before you leave we will provide you with the equipment you'll need for your journey" with that he left Istalindir alone with his thoughts.The Elf soon set out to the city of Astradom in search of a worthy company.....

Istalindir set out to Astradom with his new treasures, the People of The Cort of Ice & Stone had fitted him with the best equipment the land had to offer. The armory of the court was nothing like he had ever seen, if he would have arrived there under different circumstances he would have spent days marveling at the treasures but there was no time. He arrived at Astradom at nightfall, not sure of what exactly he should do now he settled in one of the local inns and in the morning set out to the market, he didn't know how he would find the people Aseymon spoke of, he thought as he strolled the crowded streets...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 06:26 PM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

~You said that we can post... So here it goes...~

Suddenly a hand reached out to Istalinder(Damn hard to spell lol..) and got a grip on his shoulders. "So what would a young elf such as yourself be doing here?" asked Vash.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 06:09 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: I'd advise you to make your way to Astradom or to the Cort or Ice & Stone and then be sent to Astradome. We do not all have to meet yet but it's more fun to make progress along with other people. Find any way that suits you to join up with everyone, no need to rush.

People stopped and stared at Istalindir as he passed, it was the first time that the people of Astradome saw such a young elf in such rich clothing and with such fancy equipment. Lately there were many strange wanderers but few stood out like this young elf. Istalindir did the best he could to hide himself from the piercing eyes but only drew more attention to himself. His mithril breast mail glowed proudly from underneath his cloak and he walked aimlessly around, not being used to such large cities and such dense crowds. He turned to a side street and notices a small almost hidden pub, he entered quickly and as if someone made him suddenly def the sound from outside faded away and was replaced with the silent murmurs of the people in the pub. Some raised their heads and stared at him for a few moments but everyone kept mostly to themselves. Istalindir took a seat at the far corner away from curios eyes and took out a role of scrolls and parchment from his bag. He flattened out a map on the table before him and drew a line with his finger from his hometown to his naboring town and continued from there to the south. Eventually his finger stopped at Daedeloth...land of the dead, "a curios name for such a place", he thought.
Istalindir jumped as a hand closed round his shoulder, "So what would a young elf such as yourself be doing here?", said someone from behind him. He turned and saw an elf but something was strange about the elf, he had pale skin and set out a strange feeling, it made Istalindir uneasy.
'What matter is it of yours?', Istalindir asked coldly, freeing himself from the mans grasp.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 09:30 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

~ Ok just imagine what I posted never happened. Ok?~

Vash stopped beside the huge gates made of Ice and Sand " The Castle of Ice And Stone... Nice" muttered Vash as the gates opened. Vash went throu them. Two guards blocked the way "Your weapons sir?" asked the Guards. Vash put his Bow and Sword on the guards hand, but he kept the daggers. Vash continued on to the Cort of Ice and Stone. Vash stopped next to the tallest and who was known as the most elder elf: Aseymon. "Ive heard you sent out a kid to fight the Death Eaters... And he needs some capable men?" asked Vash "Yes... Go to Astradom to find him... Efcours that is if your a capable men..." answered Aseymon "Heh... IM not a man" chuckled Vash as he exited the large castle and started to make his way toward Astradom...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 09:42 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: Whatever you want, I wouldn't have minded you meeting me the way you did but I'll manage. That other OOC was reffering to anyone who hadn't thought of a way to meet up with me or one of the other characters.

'Oh no matter', the man said.
Istalindir was about to turn back to his business but the man spoke again, 'I'm the owner of this place. I say it's good to know a little about the strange faces that wander in and out of here....lately I've been seeing broken people, they carry rumors from the south. A terrible death awaits all who travel south from here, that's what I've heard them say. I noticed you were pointing south on that map of yours, I wouldn't be reckless with my life and go trveling there if I were you. Can I get you anything?', the man asked finally.
Istalinir didn't like the feeling of the man or the pub very much but it was an improvement from the staring faces that waited for him outside.
'I'll have some wine', Istalindir said after a moments thought, his people were not accustom to ale, wine was their preferred drink at celebrations or to clear ones mind.
The man stood for another moment staring at his rich clothing, 'You're gonna draw yourself some unwanted attention wearing cloths like that, I would cover that up if I were you...I'll be right back with your wine', the man turned and left, disappearing into a back room. Istalindir turned back to the map, south was where he must go...He folded the map, took out a clean piece of parchment and started sketching a picture of the creatures he was setting out to hunt. The owner came back after a few minutes and set a large cup of red wine in front of Istalindir, 'Will that be all?', he asked staring at Istalindir's drawing.
'Yes that'll be fine', Istalindir reached in his pocket and handed the man a gold coin, 'If you hear of anyone seeking such a beast let me know', with that he handed him the drawing as well.
The man bowed his head slightly, he had rarely seen gold coins and had never owned one himself, it was worth six months profit to him, 'How shall I find you?' the man asked, not taking his eyes of the coin.
'I will be staying here until I can find a company to join me on my journey south', he answered turning to his drink.
'I will have a room prepared for you immeditely', the man said and disappeared again into the back room with his treasure.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 10:03 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Vistalzidar fingered one of the silver flatched arrows in the quiver at his hip as he returned the cold glares thrown his way by the guards at the gates of Astradom. A slight smile curled the corners of his lips. He knew he stood out in his fine black leathers and chainmail and he knew that the guards knew he was an assassin.
The Dark Elf nodded at one of the younger guards, who scowled in return, he could expect trouble from the lad soon enough, he had no doubts. Being Drow alone almost always guarenteed that, let alone a Drow assassin.
Vistalzidar pushed his way into a nearby inn, glancing back as he entered to smile at those who had stopped to openly stare at them. He marked them instantly, imbedding their faces in his memory. Satisfied, he entered the inn and approached the bar.
The barman eyed him dubiously for some time before speaking. "Welcome to my establishment, sir, how can I help you?"
Vistalzidar flicked a gold coin onto the bar and the man's eyes widened. "I'll have an ale and some information...the ale first."
The bar keep nodded as he scooped up the coin in disbelief and filled a tankard with ale. He placed it on the bar and Vistalzidar took a long draught.
"What do you need to know?" Asked the bar keep when he'd placed the tankard back upon the bar.
Vistalzidar's brows knotted as he fished in his leather tunic and retrieved a parchment. He unrolled it and smoothed it out on the bar. Scetched onto the parchment was a creature, hideous in appearance and by all accounts deadly.
"A creature similar to this destroyed my people," said Vistalzidar. "Currently I am hunting them...what word of them has been milling about this city?"
The bar keep frowned and produced his own piece of parchment. Upon it was a similar sketch.
"Where did you aquire this?" Vistalzidar demanded immediately.
The bar keep was taken aback by the harsh tone and he took a defensive step backwards. "An...an Elf, sir, richly dressed like yourself...he is looking companions for some kind of journey south...if I may be presumptuous? I'd say he hunts them like yourself."
Vistalzidar frowned in thought and rubbed at his chin. Normally, he'd sooner kill an Elf than work with one. Just thinking of his fair skinned cousins made his blood boil.
Yet, this was no normal situation, and any help hunting the Death Eaters was indeed something to be grateful for. He decided to at least meet the Elf before judging him. He tossed another gold coin on the bar.
"Take me to the Elf, now!"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 12:07 PM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bildo
RPD Fox Team Medic

A horse and carrage came out of the mist and gloom out of the northen forest with a Lizard looking creature at the helm. It came just clear of the trees and stopped in the opening to a little village. The carrage door opened slowly and out stepped a tall, pale looking man dressed all in black.

He walked slowly to the front of the carrahe were the driver was sat. "How much do i owe you then" said the tall, mysterious man.
"1 siver and 2 bronze for the ride through the forrest" said the
lizard-man creature. The tall man nodded and put the coins with one extra bronze. "keep the change" he said.

The horse and carrage started to move and it went forward then looped round and stop next to the man. "Thanks and good luck on your journey" said the lizard-man and the other man nodded to him. The horses the Naaed and they rode off back in to the gloom of the forrest and disapeared.

The Tall man turned round a faced the Village/Town and took a deep breathe as he started to walk down the main dirt track road in the Village/Town.

Bildo Paul Ritson.

Billy
-x-
Resident Evil 4eva. x

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 12:09 PM
Bildo is currently offline Click here to Send Bildo a Private Message Find more posts by Bildo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seriph
the angel of bad spelling

yueria was trekking through the dark forest of angletere towards astradom accompanied by his bow, katana's and library master johndalar. Nether were talking to each other, both lingering within private thoughts, yueria's were mainly focused on revenge.
"i would just like to say thank you for taking me through this forest", said yueria, sniffing the air, he had smelt something faint on the wind that took him back to the day his family had been killed "but are you sure i is necessary to continue..." he was cut off by a scream "what was that" he yelled to johndalar
"it is probably just a bird" replayed johndalar, his low and firm voice cutting through yueria's nervousness
"uh yes i suppose you are right" said yueria returning to his previous frame of thoughts, "are you sure you need to come with me any further, i know the rout well" yueria said this with hope flowing through his voice, it was laced with the same tone he used when talking to animals.
"i believe it would be safer" said johndalar grinning "for instance if danger was near could you do this" as he said this he held a torch up and knocked two flints over the top of it, the smallest spark suicided in setting the torch on fire, he halted and his eyes glassed over and he started swaying, the fire grew from the to of the torch and then stretched outwards turning white hot as it did so
"wow how did you do that" said yueria the librarian's had always kept secrets from him, but this was amazing.
"when you study fire you learn how to work it" said the librarian secretively, tossing back his long black hair so it didn't get into his eyes
this had shut turia up very well thought johndilar stifling a grin

for all of johndalars fears yueria was fine and there journey was event less. upon arriving in astradamjohndalar bid farewell and left yueria feeling awfully alone making his way to the court of ice and stone. outside he carefully put down his bow and quiver and he took off both scabbards before entering within, there was a large marble desk which he walked up to. He looked around but he couldn't see anyone till a man cursed then looked up
"hello" said yuria timidly and stopped flapping his wings so he was on the ground "have you haired of a man called istalindar"
the man at the desk snorted as if yueria's question was foolish "of course, i believe he is in the inn, you should be able to identify him, from his mithril breastplate
"thank you" said yueria feeling very stupid from the mans response.

yueria had seen a inn on the way over and made his way swiftly to the location he had recalled, it was very busy but he did see a flash of silver and followed the light to its owner, a young elf sitting about with a few other's drinking
"hello would you be istalindar" he said

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 02:17 PM
seriph is currently offline Click here to Send seriph a Private Message Find more posts by seriph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: The cort of Ice and stone is supposed to be three days ride from Astradom but it's nothing serios let's just carry on dispite that fact.
hmm meeting the both of you at the same time, how should I pull that off...

"Take me to the Elf, now!", Istalindir caught the last few words of a conversation the owner was having with someone but the man was out of view, he could only see the mans shadow. A bare chested man suddenly came up to him blocking Istalindir's view, he stared up at him and saw large wings on either side of the man, "hello would you be istalindar?", he asked.
Istalindir was surprised by this question and the sudden appearance of the man. He just nodded, he couldn't help but stair at the man, he had never seen such a creature and he didn't expect anyone to know his name so far away from home.
'Who are you...how do you know my name?', he asked slowly but he was interrupted by the voice of the owner calling for him, 'Sir, a...man would like to see you.', he said as they drew nearer. The stranger that stood before Istalindir was still blocking a good deal of his view, he turned his head to see who was interrupting them but Istalindir could still not see them.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 03:34 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Another man... Or rather half Vampire half Elf hybrid came up to Islinder "Heh... BUddy... Much of the world knows you... Plus, theres a Vampire standing near the Inn, and a dark elf... And a Seriph... Quite unusuall for those creatures to be in a place like this" sais Vash "So... To get to the point you needed a team of somekind to hunt the Gurtha Maten??"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 04:44 PM
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: ok this is too much, how did you get here, what about everything els that's going on and you being on your way to Astradom? meeting 3 people at exactly the same time is confusing.
This is like 4-5 days after Istalindir set out from the court, how in the world does everybody know about me? It's only been about a week and a half since he arrived at the court.
Seriph is a seria not a seriph...
I'm gonna pretend like this meeting didn't happen or els my head may explode, unless you can make it make sense to me somehow...sorry.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 05:24 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

OOC: Well... That guy Seriph got to astradam in one post!

Vash sat down to buy a drink. "Some whiskey please, with ice" said Vash to the bartender. The bartender nodded and put the glass with whisky and ice on his table. Vash took a drink. "Have you heard of Death Eaters?" asked Vash a particular bartender, which was the owner of the place "Ill give you a few gold coins if you tell me about them..." said Vash. The owner nodded and came up to Vash. He whispered in his ear "The only thing I know is that they live in the land of the dead... Atleast what rumors say..." he whispered. Vash nodded and gave the bartender three gold coins "Land of The Dead it is..." muttered Vash as he took a sip of his whisky.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 05:44 PM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

OOC: I don't mean to bi*ch, but AcrypT is right...there is no way in hell you characters can take a trip that long in just one post and all of the characters meeting up all at once isn't a great idea...AcrypT, I suggest that these two think of a story line that will link them to Istalindir a little later in the story and meet up with each character one at a time...anywho, the barman was about to introduce me, so, on with the show...

'Sir, a...man would like to see you.' The bar keep informed someone who was not in Vistalzidar's line of sight. The bar keep waved him forward and Vistalzidar stepped around the man and into sight.
Before him was a young Elf, very young, Vistalzidar mused. He hadn't even reached what would be considered mature in the Elven world. Briefly he wondered if the Elf's age would make him easier or harder to get along with, given the rift between their races, but those thoughts quickly vanished as his eyes roamed over the rich looking clothing and what could only be Mithril armour peeking out from beneath.
Vistalzidar whistled through his teeth. "Now how does a young Elf such as yourself come by such expesive attire I wonder?" He fought with conflicting emotions for several moments before placing his hand over his heart and bowing slightly in greeting. "I am known as Vistalzidar. I discovered we have a common purpose and forced this man to introduce me to you."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 12:10 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vash saw somethin fall out of the owners pocket. Vash leaned down to get it. He opened it up since it was neatly folder. Vash saw the drawing of a Gurtha Maten and reacted quickly. Vash took his sword out of his Shead, stode up and pointed it at the owners throat. "Where did you find this?" asked Vash. The owner speechlessley pointed at Istilinder. Vash looked toward Istlinder, he saw a dark elf talking to Istilinder and then bowing to him. "A dark elf bow to a normal elf? Strange..." muttered Vash. Vash looked at Istlinders map, which said that Land of The Dead was due south. Vash smirked as he put his sword back into his shead and left the bar. But then Vash saw a Vampire next to the door of the bar "A Vampire and a dark elf.." thought Vash "Ill follow this elf... And his groupies... But I will keep myself hidden... In the shadows.. It would be better not to show myself... Ill showmyself only once the Gurtha Matens comeout... ANd I shall have my revenge..." kept thinking Vash.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 12:28 AM
midnite127
Megami

OOC: That’s ok, Bildo happy I don’t really mind all the vamps running around, makes for interesting storytelling. Well, anyways, let me get on with muh post…

Veleanith looked at the entrance to Astradom, ignoring the stares from the guards as she made her way into the city. Everyone around her looked to be simple commoners, dressed in modern day garb so she found she really stood out, dressed in stark black robes in the middle of the day. And the hood covering up her face added a nice touch onto the ominous field surrounding her.

She scoffed. “It’s as if nobody can walk around in black during the day without seeming like a demon of a sort…” She looked around at the people, past them to the stands set up with men trying to get by, selling their wares. She then noticed a child pointing to her, motioning for his friend to look.

Veleanith walked over to the pair, her face still veiled from her hood. She leaned down, a broad smile across her face showing her fangs, her eyes golden. “Do you like what you see…?”

The two boys jumped back away from her, running into a nearby store. She leaned up, tossing off her hood as she shook her head. “Cowards…” she smirked. Just then, the muttering of one of the vendors caught her hearing. She turned to a balding man who was cleaning a green counter and narrowed her eyes. “Pardon me?” she asked, a hint of threat to her tone.

The man barely looked up from his work as he raised his voice. “Been having some strange folks around these parts, lately….”

Veleanith walked over to the stand and sat down at a small bar stool. “How strange?”

He continued to shine the counter for a minute, giving a grunt of disapproval as he threw aside the rag, looking up to her. At seeing her face, his expression changed to a more pleasant one. “Well, for example, one elf came into town, looked like he made more than all the villagers combined. Then, a dark kind of elf, dressed in fine leathers and chainmail. Then…one with wings…another elf type but pale…and now you.”

She blew a strand of dark green hair out of her face as she folded her arms on the table, gazing at a yellow bouquet of flowers in a glass vase on the table. “Shame…and here I thought I was special. Maybe the strange ones might know of the creatures I seek. Did you happen to see where they could have gone?”

The man nodded his head. “Possibly…but if you really want to know, it’s gonna cost you.”

“How much?” she started to dig into an inner pocket for a few gold coins but stopped at his next words.

“Not money.”

Veleanith stopped her searching and looked to the man. He had started to look her up and down with a suggestive look in his eyes. She took her hand from her pockets, and looked around to see the villagers had started to ignore her, going about their own business. ‘Abnormalities are best overlooked…’ She thought as she had started to whisper low in a strange tongue.

The vase on the tabletop started to rumble, then shake, then shattered as the roots grew out from the plants, as if they were alive. They moved snakelike, waiting for her command and with another strange whisper they struck out towards the man’s neck, gripping him tightly as they pulled him to in front of her face.

Veleanith smirked at seeing the fear in the man’s eyes. “Not even if I were desperate, precious.” She waved her hand, and instantaneously the roots pulled back into the flowers and back into a perfectly harmless yellow bouquet.

She waved ‘bye’ to the horrified man and started to walk away, looking about the town in wonder. Finally, she shrugged and sighed. “Well, how hard can it be to find these motley crew of people?” With that, she began her search…

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 12:43 AM
midnite127 is currently offline Click here to Send midnite127 a Private Message Find more posts by midnite127 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vash witnessed the whole conuinsedence with the vampire almost killing the man. "Holy Fuc*!" stated Vash. Vash looked around and saw tha the had forgot his black robes in the bar, leaving him in his Vampire/Elf looking athlete shape. Peaple looked at him and whispered. It was odd, a man with dark red eyes, his ears were only a tiny bit pointy, his skin was white pale, and he had an X scar on the left side of his face. Not to mention the weapons he was carrying. And his nails which were very long, just like a vampire. HIs body shape looked more like an elfs, tall and thin, perfect possision for a bowman, which the elves are experts at. "Bloody hell... There is something going on" said Vash as he leaned on a wall.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 12:51 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

((Continued from my post above))

Vistalzidar rose back to his full hight as he gazed at the young Elf intensly. He was surprised to see an Elf so young in the city, but then he thought of what may have caused him to be here, he thought of Death Eaters over running this young Elf's home as they did his, and he quickly understood.
Vistalzidar was not fool enough to underestimate this young Elf though. He knew full well that even one as young as this could give him quite a fight if they met out in the open, or if he was being sighted down the shaft of the young Elf's arrow. At night, however, with the shadows he felt so comfortable in, he could despatch the lad in seconds.
He folded his arms across his chest and awaited the young Elf's reply, completely ignoring the winged man-like creature standing next to them observing the entire echange in silence.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 01:23 AM
Kohldia
Wild One

Melcanin strode into the town, watching as the villagers went about her buisness. She'd travelled here before and walked into the tavern realising how many new faces there were. She'd been summoned by the chief of her small group to aid a hunting party to taking down the fierce creatures which had ravaged their land.

Burned and Scarred, but just as dangerous as a wildthing.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 06:24 AM
Kohldia is currently offline Click here to Send Kohldia a Private Message Find more posts by Kohldia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: Well I guess I'm gonna do like Decomposition and ignore you seriph, sorry but it'll make thing easier and I'm not to sure how soon you'll be back with us. I agree with Decomposition in the matter of our meeting, it should be one at a time so we can be able to make any sense out of it.
Kohldia, glad to have you with us, I'd appreciate it if you post your bio when you get a chance.

The barman looked either like it was the best day of his life or like he was about to faint, Istalindir couldn't tell, with him approached a dark skinned elf, a drow. He had never seen a drow in his short life but he had heard terrible stories about them, about their way with the shadows. The barman gesture towards Istalindir and they both made their way towards him, they paused in front of him and for a brief moment stood silent the drow looked as if studying him.
"Now how does a young Elf such as yourself come by such expesive attire I wonder?", it sounded less like a question and more like a statement, Istalindir was at loss of words for a moment.
The drow bowed his head slightly, "I am known as Vistalzidar. I discovered we have a common purpose and forced this man to introduce me to you.", he noted the barman who took the opportunity, 'Just as you asked sir...I will leave you two to your business', he said turning quickly disappearing into the back room once again with something clenched in his fist.
Istalindir stood up suddenly, 'Where are my manners', he noted bowing respectfully to Vistalzidar, 'My name is Istalindir, let us sit and talk of our common business.' Istalindir said, trying to sound older than he was.

OOC: I'm not sure if it's ok with you for me to control little things like making your character sit and stuff like that so I'll leave it here for now. I don't mind if you make my character go along with you or do something to help the flow of the story or your post.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 09:54 AM