KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » "Dungeons & Dragons" Roleplay-registration and discussion thread

"Dungeons & Dragons" Roleplay-registration and discussion thread
Started by: slasherpunk18

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

"Dungeons & Dragons" Roleplay-registration and discussion thread

Welcome to my D&D rp.
I will try to make this game very easy to play for the people who have never played or heard of D&D.I'm fairly new to it myself.So if any of you players have done d&d before,i would appreciate any tips you have for me.
I will be the DM (which is dungeon master,which just means I host the game) and I will play as well.
I will put up the info needed for you guys to create your characters.
However,you guys will probably want to wait to put up a registration on here until I put all of the info on how to do so down (like skills and stats and all that stuff).
So,with that said,i'll get to it.And please be patient with me as I will be doing this as fast as I can.
However,until you can register,still feel free to ask me questions about the game while i'm setting it up.

-Anonymous

"Only those bold enough to chase dreams are the ones who catch them."

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 01:18 AM
slasherpunk18 is currently offline Click here to Send slasherpunk18 a Private Message Find more posts by slasherpunk18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

Okay,here starts the registration info.

I. GETTING YOUR STATS

The first creation in your character is your character's stats.I will do this by rolling a pair of dice(I do all of this just like the real d&d game),and you can either keep the stats or tell me to re-roll and try to get a better #.the #'s range gives you an idea of how good your character is by 3 being horrible and 18 being the best.When I give you the #,you decide how you want to distribute them on the 6 abilities: strength,dexterity,constitution,intelligence,wisdo
m,and charisma.Here is an example:

I do a roll and player A gets 5.
Player A decides that he is unhappy with the roll.
I roll again and get the # 15.
Player A likes this one and keeps the #.He decides to put 3 points to strength,2 to dexterity,2 to constitution,3 to intelligence,3 to wisdom,and 3 to charisma.

And that is how you do your stats.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Last edited by slasherpunk18 on Jan 13th, 2005 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 01:39 AM
slasherpunk18 is currently offline Click here to Send slasherpunk18 a Private Message Find more posts by slasherpunk18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

I have to go,I will have to finish this on friday.If it is not ready for registration by then,you can know for sure that it will be ready for registration by the weekend.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 02:12 AM
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I'm interested. What level characters are you allowing?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 03:23 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Um, this is slightly different from the D&D I play.

So, what are the base levels for our characters? I mean, if we got 3s on everything, doesn't that mean we suck?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 01:23 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Normally yes, Slasher care to explain (I've been playing DnD for about 12 years now, 5 of that with 3.0 and 3.5)
I think I'm quite gifted with most basic knowledge

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 01:33 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

As to fire's reply,it would great to have you playing.I am going by the 3.5 books,so most of what i use for this game will come from them.However,since you have been playing for a substantial amount of time I would value any info you might have.

As to Vaya's,if you mean how high a level you can gain,then there really is no limit,but I will do my best to keep to d&d style leveling.Keep in mind that i am new to the system,but am very intrigued by it.Even though i am new though,I will be adhering to the 3.5 rules.If you peoploe have any special rules for when you play,please inform me so that i could add them.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 02:13 PM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

Here is the complete list of the steps taken in the charatcer creation process.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 02:16 PM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

I. ROLLING ABILITY SCORES

I know this is repeating,but i'm just making sure that i've covered everything.
Now,the first step in creating a character is rolling their 6 ability scores.These scores will be determined by me rolling 4 six-sided dice,and ignoring the lowest #.If you are not satisfied with your total #,you can ask me for a reroll until satisfied.the range for these #'s ranges from 3(meaning horrible) to 18(meaning tremendous).

Example:

I rolled the dice 6 times.I got the following numbers: 12,7,10,6,11,14.

Player A could ask for a re-roll but decides to stick with these #'s.

Player A decides to distribute the stats this way:

puts the 14 on Strength
puts 10 on Dexterity
puts the 12 on Constitution
puts 11 on Intelligence
puts 7 on Wisdom
puts 6 on Charisma

It is suggested however,that you read the next section("Race and Class") before deciding on how you want to distribute these points.Different races have different modifiers for different abilities.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 02:32 PM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

II. CHOOSE YOUR CLASS AND RACE

HUMANS: Most humans are the descendants of pioneers,conquerers,traders,travelers,refugees,and
other people on the move.As a result,human lands are home to a mix of people-physically,culturally,religously,and politically different.Hardy or fine,light skinned or dark skinned,showy or austere,primitive or civilized,devout or impious,humans run the gamut.Humans are the most adaptable,flexible,and ambitious people among the common races and typically stand from 5 feet to a little over 6 feet tall and weigh from 125 to 250 pounds with men noticeably taller and heavier than women.Humans have short life spans compared to the other races,particularly elves.Due to their many ambassadors,diplomats,magistrates,and merchants they are often referred to as "everyone's second best friend".In fact,one of the only races that particularly seems to dislike the race are elves.Humans tend toward no particular allignment,not even neutrality.The best and worst are found among them.Humans have no chief deity(unlike the elves) but are known for being highly industrious.With thier cities constantly growing and becoming diverse.Human languages speak what is known as common.A language used throughout many lands,although humans can learn many other languages as well.Humans are the most audacious,daring,and ambitious race.Human often champion causes rather than territories or groups.

HUMAN RACIAL TRAITS:

-MEDIUM-As medium creatures,humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
-Human base land speed is 30 feet.
-1 extra feat that you can learn at your first level due to humans quick learning capacity.
-4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level,since humans are versatile and capable.
-BONUS LANGUAGE: Humans can learn one new language at character creation(except a secret language like druidic).I will put up a language list on this guide somewhere.
-Favored Class: When determining whether a multi-class human takes an experience point penaltyit's highest-level class does not count.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 02:59 PM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

I forgot to add this,sorry:

Humans have no ability modifiers.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 03:35 PM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

DWARVES: Dwarves are known for their skill in warfare,their ability to withstand physical and magical punishment,their knowledge of the earth's secrets,their hard work,and their capacity for drinking ale.Their mysterious kingdoms,carved out from the inside of mountains,are reknowned for the marvelous treasures that they produce as gifts or for trade.Althought they are suspicious of all strangers and are slow to laugh or jest,they are generous to those few who earn their trust.dwarf's value gold and have been known to succomb to greed.Dwarves stand only 4 to 4 1/2 feet tall but they are so broad and compact they on average,weigh as much as humans.
As for relations,dwarves get along fine with gnomes and passably with humans,half-elves,and halflings.Dwarves are usually lawful allignment and lean towards good.the chief deity of dwarves is Moradin,the soul forger.Dwarves speak dwarven.They are often driven by love of excitement,adventuring,or simple greed.

DWARF RACIAL TRIAITS:

- +2 constitution,-2 charisma
- Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet,although their sped is not affected by carrying heavy loads
- DARKVISION:dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet
-STONECUNNING: + 2 on skill checks to notice unusual stonework,like traps, or sliding walls.
- +2 on saving throws against poison
- +2 bonus on saving throws against magic
- +1 bonus on attack against orcs
- +4 dodge bonus to armor cvlass against giant monsters
- +2 to appraisal checks that are related to metal items
- languages: dwarven,common,and can learn many others
- A multi class dwarf's fighter class does not count when determining if he takes experience point penalty

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Last edited by slasherpunk18 on Jan 14th, 2005 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 03:38 PM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

ELVES: Elves mingle freely in human lands,always welcome yet never at home there.They are well known for their poetry,dance,song,lore,and magical arts.Elves favor things of natural and simple beauty.When a danger threatens their woodland homes,however,elves reveal a more martial side,demonstrating skill with sword,bow,and battle strategy.Elves are more often amused than excited,and more likely to be curious than greedy.Elves are short and slim,standing from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet tall,and typically weighing 95 to 135 pounds.Men are only marginally heavier than the women.They tend to be pale-skinned and dark haired with green eyes.Elves do not sleep,but rather meditate.While meditating,an elf dreams.the common word for this is trance.They find humans unrefined,halflings a bit staid,gnomes somewhat trivial,and dwarves not at all fun.For alignment,they are strongly against the darker side of life and help protect other's freedoms as well as their own.Above all others,Elves worship Corellan Larethian,the protector and preserver of life.Elves take up adventuring out of wanderlust.

ELF RACIAL TRAITS:

- +2 dexterity,-2 constitution
-MEDIUM- no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- elf base land speed is 30 feet
- immunity to magic sleep effects and a +2 aving throw against enchantment spells and effects
- LOW-LIGHT VISION: an elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight,moonlight,torchlight,and similar conditions of pure illumination.
-WEAPON PROFICIENCY- elves receive the martial weapon proficinecy for the longsword,rapier,longbow,and shortbow as bonus feats.Elves esteem the arts of swordplay and archery so all elves are familiar with these weapons.
- +2 bonus to listen search and spot checks.Elves also have sort of a sixth sense for magic portals.
- Elves speak common and elven.
- Wizard class doesn't count when determining if ther is an experience point penalty since wizardry comes natural to elves.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 04:23 PM
Fire

quote:
Originally posted by slasherpunk18
I. ROLLING ABILITY SCORES

I know this is repeating,but i'm just making sure that i've covered everything.
Now,the first step in creating a character is rolling their 6 ability scores.These scores will be determined by me rolling 4 six-sided dice,and ignoring the lowest #.If you are not satisfied with your total #,you can ask me for a reroll until satisfied.the range for these #'s ranges from 3(meaning horrible) to 18(meaning tremendous).

Example:

I rolled the dice 6 times.I got the following numbers: 12,7,10,6,11,14.

Player A could ask for a re-roll but decides to stick with these #'s.

Player A decides to distribute the stats this way:

puts the 14 on Strength
puts 10 on Dexterity
puts the 12 on Constitution
puts 11 on Intelligence
puts 7 on Wisdom
puts 6 on Charisma

Slasher those stats REQUIRE an automatic Reroll because his modifiers added up are not positive
14 gives +2, 12 gives +1, 10 and 11 give nothing, 7 and 6 both give a -2 that means his mods are -1 which is REROLL

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 04:42 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

GNOMES: Gnomes are everywhere as technicians,alchemists,and inventors.Despite the demand for their skills,most gnomes prefer to remain among their own kind,living in comfortable burrows beneath rolling,wooded hills where animals live.They adore animals,beautiful gems,and jokes of all kinds.they are also inquisitive.They get along well with dwarves and halflings and are rarely hostile to other races.they stand about 3 to 3 1/2 feet tall and weigh 40 to 45 pounds.Gnomes are most often of the good alignment.the chief gnome god is Garl Glittergold,the watchful protector.they speak gnome which is similar to dwarven.Gnomes are of a compulsive and curious nature and easy to get along with if you can stand a practical joke or two.

GNOME RACIAL TRAITS:

- +2 constitution,-2 strength
- SMALL: +1 size bonus to armor class,1 +1 size bonus on attack rolls
- base land speed is 20 feet
-LOW LIGHT VISION(see elf description)
-+2 on saving throws against illusion
- +4 dodge bonus to armor class against giant monsters
- +2 bonus on listen checks
- +2 on alchemy checks
- multiclass gnome's bard class doesn't count when determining if there is a experience penalty
- spell like abilities

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 04:50 PM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

Sorry fire,thanks for fixing that.I'm just trying to get all of this down and it takes a long time,so i guess I might forget some stuff.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 04:52 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

...Ill join

Name: Vlad Shafran
Race:Elve

Ill talke a roll please.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 11:17 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

Sorry red,I have to finish the registration steps.I'll get done asap.I was just gone for a while,i probably should ahve left a note on heresorry..

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 12:23 AM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

HALF-ORC: In the wild frontiers,tribes of human and orc barbarians live in uneasy balance,fighting in times of war and trading in times of peace.Half-orcs who are born in the frontier may live with either human or orc parents,but they are nevertheless exposed to both cultures.Some,for whatever reason,leave their homeland and travel to civilized lands,bringing with them the tenacity,courage,and combat prowess that they developed in the wilds.Half-orcs tend to be short-tempered or sullen in nature.They stand between 6 and 7 feet tall and usually weigh between 180 and 250.Orcs are the sworn enemies of dwarves and elves,the half-orcs will have ahard time with these races.Since they have both human and orc parents,they can be either good or evil.Like orcs,many half-orcs worship Gruumsh,the cheif orc god.They can also follow human gods if they favor good.

HALF-ORC RACIAL TRAITS:

- +2 strength,-2 intelligence and charisma
- land base is 30 feet
- dark vision
- Barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 12:49 AM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

HALFLINGS: Halflings are clever,capable oppurtunists.Halfling individuals and clans find room for themselves wherever they can.Often they are strangers and wanderers,and others react to them with suspicion or curiosity.Depending on the clan,halflings might be reliable,hard-working(if clanish) citizens,or they might be theives just waiting for the oppurtunity to make a big score and dissapear in the dead of night.Regardless,halflings are cunning,resouceful surviviors.Halflings prefer trouble to boredom,notoriously curious.Halflings stand about 3 feet and usually weigh between 30 and 35 pounds.Halflings try to get along with all the other races.Halflings tend to be neutral.The chief deity of halflings is Yondalla,the blessed one.They often set out on their own to make their way in the world.

HALFLING RACIAL TRAITS:

- +2 dexterity,-2 strength
- +1 size bonus to armor class,+1 size bonus on attack rolls,and a +4 size bonus.
- base land speed is 20
- +2 bonus on climb,jump,and moving silently.
- +1 bonus on attack rolls with weapons and slings
- +2 on listening
- Rogue class does not count in determining whether she takes an experience point penalty.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 01:03 AM