KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Anyone still play D&D?

Anyone still play D&D?
Started by: MJOILNIR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MJOILNIR

Anyone still play D&D?

Just curious. Having a lot of trouble finding players around here nowa days. Back when I first started in basic edition there were plenty. Stayed that way thru 1st and part of 2nd edition. Now that 3rds out most players have quite sad

Old Post May 31st, 2006 05:00 AM
MJOILNIR is currently offline Click here to Send MJOILNIR a Private Message Find more posts by MJOILNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Umm this place is for role playing not discussing about RPGs.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 05:07 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MJOILNIR

My bad. Guess I got the wrong place.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 05:16 AM
MJOILNIR is currently offline Click here to Send MJOILNIR a Private Message Find more posts by MJOILNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep big grin

Go to the video game forum part and post this.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 05:50 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Actually, you can post here.

D&D ain't a video game, so it would seem this is the most rational place to post. I seem to remember a thread open on Runescape a while back. As for D&D - I never really got into it in the first place. It did seem to drag on, though. I expect the rise of the computer and computer games had quite a lot to do with the loss of D&D players.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 10:43 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I like Dragonlance...does that count?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 09:46 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MJOILNIR

Yea, I always liked dragonlance saga. More of a forgotten realms fan though.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 04:34 AM
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

I love neverwinter nights and I think it was called dragonshard or something... I used to play alot of the Original board game... had a lvl. 32 gnome illusionist at one point and a 29 half-elven sorcerer/thief that was one hell of a character!

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 04:38 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

D&D is still the most popular RP there is, as far as I know. I am a first edition vet as well, but in general it is not my favourite game, and 3rd edition is halfway towards being a tabletop fighting game rather than an RP- that is the direction the rules tend to go, anyway.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 3rd, 2006 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 10:37 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Ush is right about his comment on 3rd edition. Never the less I still love dungeons and dragons. It was the first RPG I played and I still like it. If you play it like it is intended you end up with a hack and slash game. However you can also play it differently.

Before anyone screams out: "There are other games far better qualified for that" Yes that is true, Dnd certainly isn't the best game (neither is the d20 system) but it is (in its present form) easy to master and play. If you don't want to wing anything it's abundance of rules for every possible situation is useful.

I still find that with a few house rules and a few tweaks it's a great game. You can put everything into a well made DnD campaign.
The only thing I really detest about DnD are the (IMO) TERRIBLE campaigns, stories and worlds they bring out.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 02:12 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

they'[re always stereo-typical... little villagers here and there, the bands of orcs and pirates that pop up around the place and people live in fear of... We always made up our own campaigns and I was always the cartographer, for some reason everyone said I was an excellent map-maker though I made some bad decisions in the role-plays... always fell for boobytraps and the gelatonous cube thing got me a few times!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 02:23 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hehe, I don't mind the stereotypes that hard, I mind the fact that magic items are every where in those settings

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 07:44 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Dragoness

hey i play dungons and dragons

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 01:08 PM
Lady Dragoness is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Dragoness a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Dragoness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Dragoness

Third edition is easyer that 1st or second though they changed all the spells

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 01:09 PM
Lady Dragoness is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Dragoness a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Dragoness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

I still have the first edition books and I can never keep enough money to buy any thrid edition ones. I also have the Complete Warrior, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, and Unearthed Arcana books, so it's very confusing when they reference to a page out of the third edition books.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 03:10 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

dude why by 3.5 expansion books when u don't even have 3th rule books

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 03:12 PM
MJOILNIR

Glad to see people are still playing and interested. Ive still got my 1ts edition stuff to. Heck I got a basic box set still. I dont care much for the direction 3rd edition has taken the game but with a good DM it still ok.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 09:45 PM
Fire

DM is everything, as with every game

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 09:50 PM
Aliies

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fire
hehe, I don't mind the stereotypes that hard, I mind the fact that magic items are every where in those settings

Magical items were always made rare and xpensive when I played, made for A great storyline as you learn to appreciate the value of each and every one...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 10:30 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I play D&D. My brother, my cousins, and I. My brother is a great DM and comes up with some of the best plot twists and NPC's. I really like the Faerun setting, because it has such specific areas that are resemblant to the ancient middle east or Japan, or Africa, but once your characters start to get powerful and the DM tries to bring in world-threatning issues, it's difficult. You have characters that are known because the setting is so specific and you wonder why they can't just deal with the "real problems", so to speak.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 02:32 AM
reborn_213 is currently offline Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote