KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- The Mighty Deeds Thread (experience record)

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- The Mighty Deeds Thread (experience record)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- The Mighty Deeds Thread (experience record)

The MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing) system that I use for my LOTR game- with some minor adjustments to make character creation slightly more plausible for you guys- is a very old and traditional system.

One of its nice little quirks is the way experience works. All experience is awarded at the end of a story but the amount you are due accumulates as the story goes along for just about every single act you perform. Combat is obviously a big part of this, but passing ANY roll at all gives you some xp.

Furthermore, at the end of the story, a bonus batch of xp goes out equal to half again the total of all xp gained by ALL characters in the story. his bonus xp is divided up and awardsed to players that came up with good ideas or performed more intellectual feats that did not require dice rolling during the story. This way, the less active characters can catch up with the more active ones at the end of the story.

Howevber, I need to keep a record. I remember at the end of part 2 I got hopelessly lost trying to dot his all at once, and for various reasons the game has stretched out so long now that it has become essential that I keep a riunning total of it in here!

So, this thread will be used to record... just about anything you do. In the post below I shall keep a record of the numbers concerned. it is very much encumbent upon you as players to post in here actions you have perfofmrd that you feel should either entitle you to numerical xp to be recorded here, or a share in the 'ideas pool' at the end of the story.

Things that quality for numerical xp involve:

- Any action/skill roll successfully accomplished

- Any spell successfully cast

- Distance travelled. This is a VERY Tolkienesque reason for xp. However it is not a factor in this current story.

In combat we count:

- All damage inflicted

- All damage received

- Critical damage inflicted or received (yup, break your arm and gain xp!)

- Dealing the final blow on an enemy. If it is the first type of that enemy you have killed, it is worth a lot more. If the second or third, a bit more. After that you get the standard rate.

All xp rewarded for damaging enemies is proportional to your level difference. A level one guy hurting a level 3 foe gets lots; a level five guy doing the same thing gets rather little.

So! Let's hear any clams you want to make...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 04:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This post is where I will keep such records.

-----

Gwilwileth

MEDIUM TASK: Stalk/Hide roll to overhear Stewards: 50xp

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 04:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

OK, well what has Menelacar done so far...
Travelled from Gondor!
Taken part in Archery and Strength tournaments
Spoken to several lords.
Fenced with Darvan.

Any of that worth anything?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 04:24 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

just put in one example so far. This will go much more easily as a collaborative effort so could people remind me of any successful rolls they have made so far, including individual rolls in Tournament events? Thanks!

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 04:24 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Do you need the specifics for the above claims?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 04:25 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Traveling from Gondor went into your starting 5000 bonus I am afraid!

On the rolls for the Tournament, yes please.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 04:27 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

OK (in reverse order)
Test of Strength: 1 roll so far on race
Work in Library (any rolls?)
Archery: Roll 1 60 becomes 78 for four
Roll 2 55 becomes 73 for a five
Roll 3 60 becomes 78 for a one
Final place 2nd, didn't get past first round.
Fencing with Darvan - not sure of the rolls, but scores were first set 3-2 to Menelacar; second set 3-1 to Darvan; third set 3-1 to Darvan.

Also other discussions, etc with nobles.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 08:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ta muchly. Will update when others submit.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 08:36 PM
Peach
mordrem

Hmmm.

Well, Ellothiel spotted the body.

As for the tournament...I only did Archery and that's all I'll be doing for that. I can't actually remember how the rolls are done, so I'm just posting the result.

Round 1:
Roll 1 - 3
Roll 2 - 1
Roll 3 - 3

Round 2:
Roll 1 - 5
Roll 2 - 1
Roll 3 - 0
Tiebreaker - ...don't know?

Then I also fenced with Darvan earlier. Lost both matches 3-1 though.

And...I think that's it for me so far.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 09:50 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I may have to re-read the first episode if I want to make any claims, unless we are starting with the current.

Also, must find specifics of the battle with the Chiorc.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:08 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Starting with the current.

There's actually a link to that event around, if you go to the right place.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 12:25 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

We've already racked in our xp for fighting Chiorcs and defending princesses, Rex. stick out tongue

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 01:09 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I'll check the current episode, when I get the time tonight. Since I don't have many social skills and didn't partake in any competitions yet, the number of succesful rolls will be slim I guess.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 02:49 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Menelacar in the Test of Strength:
1. The Snap: Rolled a 9.
2. The Carry: Rolled 56 for a 71; 98; 77 for a 92; 66 for an 81; 6; 15; 9; 84; 11; 15; 75 and a win in that race
3. The Throw: 81 and 63 (throw 19.5 feet); 59 and 87 (throw 20.5 feet); 14 and 66. 2nd place in the throw.
2nd place in the competition overall.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 07:10 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Menelacar in the Joust...
1. Riding roll 10; Polarms 9
2. 100 and 63
3. 85 & 83
4. 76 & 77
5. 65 & 26
6. 72 total
7. another draw
8. lostby 25.
Overall won 1 round, lost in second

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 11:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ah! Glad you remembered this! It all counts!

William, you get a slice for finding out that invo in the tavern, btw!

BtVS

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 12:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Okay, let's take account of some of Talin's feats, here...

Talin in the Test of Strength:
1. The Snap: Rolled a 9? Listed as an auto-success, then a 2 on holding it. Talin took 3rd in the event.
2. The Carry: Rolled 45 for 40; 58; 30; 23; 85; 57; 01 and fumble; 96; 74; 40; 71; 15; 21. Talin took 3rd in the event.
3. The Throw: 24 and 33 (fumble); 95 and 48 (distance: 21.5 feet); 29 and 31 (no significant distance). Talin took 2nd in the event.

Talin took 3rd place overall in the Test of Strength.

Talin in the Team Melee:
Round 1: rolled 18, inflicted 0 damage, took 16 damage
Round 2: rolled 33 w/ flanking bonus, inflicted 11 damage, took 1 damage
Round 3: rolled 95 w/ flanking bonus, inflicted 22B damage, took 0 damage
Round 4: rolled 95, inflicted 17A damage, took 0 damage
Round 5: rolled 51, inflicted 7 damage, took 2 damage
Round 6: rolled 44 w/ flanking bonus, inflicted 4 damage, 1 'kill', took 15T damage
Round 7: rolled 85, inflicted 12T damage, 1 'kill', took 0 damage
Round 8: rolled 09, inflicted 0 damage, took 0 damage

2 'kills', inflicted a total of 73 damage, took a total of 34 damage

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 08:23 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Oh, I should do this. Gotta impress everyone by listing that Anglomir won the Strength tests...

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 11:44 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, note your scores in the melee here! Note that if, afetr deudctions, you inflicted or received a critcal/wound, note that here as well!

No need to note the flanking bonus- only the final effect of your blow.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 5th, 2009 at 02:33 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 01:11 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Menelacar Team Melee Rnd 1 vs Cardolani team:
Turn 1: did not receive or give damage
Turn 2: received 3 damage; rolled 92, final 105 giving 11B damage
Turn 3: received 0; rolled 65 for 78 to give 5 damage
Turn 4: received 10A damage; rolled 72 for 85 to give 6 damage
Turn 5: received 6 damage; rolled 68 for 81 to give 6 damage
Turn 6: received 0; rolled 76 for 7A damage
Turn 7: received 0; rolled 66 for 5 damage
Turn 8: received 5 damage; rolled 85 that "dropped him" (i think would have been 6 damage)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:32 PM