KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Rules, Character Info & Story)

FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Rules, Character Info & Story)
Started by: Aliies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

FIREFLY - Wayward Bound (Rules, Character Info & Story)

(please log in to view the image)

-= WAYWARD BOUND =-

A Role-Playing Game by Aliies

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black,
Tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be,
Since I found Serenity,
But you can't take the sky from me...

-= Brief Back-Story =-

The year is 2517, following a brutal war that led to the eventual 'Unification' of the universe through sheer force, the seedy government known as the Alliance now control all 'civilized' corners of the galaxy.

Life is harsh and varied for many, settlers on the many terraformed planets either live happily or not at all, such is the expansion of worlds that not all are equal. After creating these worlds in the image of 'Earth that was', most have been left to fend for themselves, creating massive voids in both cultural and social status between them. You may find yourself on a civilized city-core planet, or one of the arid dustbowls on the edge of known space, filled to the brim with corruption, hate and constant danger.

Aside from the habitual invasive behavior of the Alliance federals, dangers such as organized crime run rampant and the threat looming of the ever-present and equally mysterious Reavers, spacers thought to have been driven mad at the edge of space, only to return and ravage anyone and anything they come across.

Many have chosen a life outside the more-or-less morals of the Alliance's stringent laws, privateering and smuggling pay a fine price but always leaves those involved uncomfortably close the the razor's edge, be it from the Alliance, the nefarious gangsters who hire them or the Reavers.

There are many ways to scratch a life out of the black, where most try and remain content for their placing, you may not be one of those as you step aboard the Firefly cargo ship 'Lorinda', captained by an eccentric man by the name of Jacques Cobb.
Who knows how you found your way aboard, perhaps hired by the man himself or merely passing through as a passenger, your tale is yours and you might share it, or keep it locked away, hiding it from those around you.

The choice is yours...

-= The Ship =-

Like the famous crew of the namesake show, you embark on a journey aboard a Firefly class cargo transport ship named 'Lorinda'; a tough crate with surprisingly comfortable living space and a kick-ass rate of maneuverability.

The original show takes its name from the "Firefly-class" spaceship Serenity that the central characters call home. It resembles a firefly in general arrangement, and the tail section, analogous to a bioluminescent insectoid abdomen, lights up during acceleration.

((More to come later, Please do not post yet))

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 01:42 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

-= The Rules =-

As fun as these games can be and the free atmospheres they create, rules like anyother game must be enforced to ensure it remains fun and even for everyone.

1. No Godmodding:
As many times as this is said, it is fact… Godmodding shows an inability to cope with dangerous situations in game by claiming your character can dodge bullets and do the whole ‘Neo’ thing by shooting everyone who happen to be trained soldiers in a showy gunfight by cart-wheeling about the place with an assault rifle while all the meantime their bullets mystically seem to always miss you… It just doesn’t happen…

2. No raging, ‘griefing’, drama shooting:
Although there may be situations where your character gets irritated or just plain edgy, if you really intend to shoot someone it must be done through proper role-playing, I.E: after a multitude of arguments and a fist fight, two characters continue to threaten one another until one draws their gun and shoots the other in the knee.

Killing another person’s character is strictly forbidden because you’ll soon find your own one in the airlock, suffering from asphyxiation in a matter of seconds, it’s the way of spaceship life…

3. Play only your character:
This is one of the more important rules, you must not try to control the rp as it is an adventure I have created for everyone, don’t say ‘Suddenly Reavers appear out of nowhere in space and attack’ or even saying anything in your post about how the situation or another character reacts to your character’s actions.

Example: *Jayne walks ups to the Federal marshal and slaps him, he goes down*

By saying that, you have controlled the actions of the NPC, In this case the federal marshal. As the operator of this game I will control NPCs and their reactions.

The proper method is as follows:

Player (You)- *Jayne walks up to the federal marshal, and slaps him with the back of his hand*

NPC (played by me)- *The Marshal loses his footing under the unexpected blow, he falls to his knees and cradles his face until the shock passes…*

This Rule is especially important in combat situations, a bad example:

Player (you)- *Jayne picks up his weapon and fires into the enemy’s position, taking three men down*

Once again this is openly declaring that you control his accuracy, the situation and the lives of the NPCs, which is against the rules.

The appropriate way to enact this is as follows:

Player (you)- *Jayne picks up his trusty rifle, Vera and fires a three shot burst, aiming for the enemy’s position*

Gameoperator (Me)- I calculate your chance to hit in accordance to your gun skill and your dexterity.

*The three bullets hail towards the entrenched Alliance soldiers, two of them merely ricochet harmlessly while the third lands home in the thigh of a soldier, he loses his footing and collapses as he cradles it, screaming in pain.*

This rule assures that the game has all of those fun twists and turns that real life combat gives, I have run quite a few games using this simple combat system rule and it has proven to be immensely popular in many different Role-Playing Forums.

4. Language:
Swear words make the wheels of the universe turn, but I prefer that swearing be restricted unless it is genuinely called for.

In the Firefly universe, a number of catchy words and variants were used to reduce the smutty language that seems to drive modern culture. Not to mention a few really fun words to replace common non-swear words.

Here are a few examples that I ask you to try and use:

God Damn = ‘Gorram’
Shit/Crap = ‘Goserh’
Cool/Sweet = ‘Shiny’
Space/Vacuum = ‘The Black’

And for real Authentic and heart-felt expressions used by the crew in Firefly and Serenity, use this phrase:
*Swears in Galactic Language*

Galactic language is Mandarin Chinese, If you can speak Chinese then it’s a bonus XD

5. No sex/sexual harassment/drug use:
Sex makes the world go round while drugs destroy it, Keep it clean, Light petting is acceptable but no useage of graphic descriptions of sexual behavior nor any harassment, sexual or not.

Also drugs may be mentioned, but the usage is strictly forbidden. To keep it safe in my RP, my character, the captain has expressly forbidden the use and possession of drugs with the only exception being for medical and surgical use.

These are not just rules in my RP, but for the forums as well so don’t break it.

6. Do not speak out of character:
Any and all OUT OF CHARACTER comments or discussions to go into a separate thread Titled
FIREFLY – Wayward Bound (Discussion and suggestions)

DO NOT post in OOC In the main RP Thread, you have been warned as this severely breaks the RP and disrupts the flow of the game.

7. Have fun…
Take the rules in to consideration, play a great game and respect your fellow RPers.

((Still more to submit, please do not post until the rules, description and character creation sections are finished and submitted))

Last edited by Aliies on Sep 4th, 2008 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 02:29 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

-= Character Creation & Guidelines =-

Here comes the fun part; where you come into it all!
The more descriptive the character the better you and those around you can interact, I prefer mainly written form descriptions over simple Name, Age, Height, etc, etc…

But a combination is recommended, here is an example:

Name: Jacques Cobb
Nicknames: ‘Jack’, ‘Cobb’, ‘Jacob’ or just ‘Captain’.
Rank/position: Captain of the Firefly, ‘Lorinda’
Age: Uncertain, claims he’s in his mid twenties but is hard to tell, looks to be mid thirties-forties.
Height: 6’1”
Build: Slim

Physical Description: (Currently Drawing Picture of him, Work in Progress)

Character Description:
Jacques or just Jack is a slightly-built man who proves that looks can be deceiving, he seems nigh impossible to kill and has a reputation of taking more bullets than he’s ever given. A strong trader and privateer, of sorts he has managed to hide his operations under the banner of his minor salvaging & trade license where in truth he runs a ship made to break the law. Bank jobs, cattle theft, ship theft, bounty hunting, blackmailing, Reaver-dodging, breaking and entering and is willing to take everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink, you name it Jack is just about the man for the job.

While he isn’t the wisest of men, he knows where he stands and how to stand tall at that, he can slip into any scene and blend, allowing him to dodge many-a lawman after his hide for any number of offenses actually linked to him.

In person he is eccentric and can be witty, but overall a bit of a klutz when it comes to coordination when he isn’t either pulling a job or being shot at.
Jack prides himself in petty things, while not portraying an ass of himself he can be serious and his strong presence of leadership keep his crew from thinking ill of him… In the most part anyway…

-= Ranks, Positions and Classes =-

Simple, determines what role you play aboard the Lorinda:

Captain (Played by Aliies): Owns the ship and gives orders, organizes jobs and is the first to meet all the bad guys face to face.

First Officer/Second in charge (Open, one position only): A demanding role, responsible for commanding the ship when the captain is away, drunk, incapacitated or just plain sleeping on the job. Must have minimum Leadership Skill of ‘4’ and minimum Gun Skill of ‘4’. First officer owns a shotgun and a pistol.

Crew/Gunner (Open, two positions available): Can be any type of crook or just someone looking to get paid or possibly a friend of the captain. Must have minimum Gun Skill of ‘5’. Gunners own an assault rifle and a pair of pistols; simple weapons, nothing special as they’re expensive.

Pilot (Open, One position only): Is responsible for piloting the ship, must have high pilot skill in stats sheet, minimum Pilot Skill of ‘5’. Pilot is Third in command when both the Captain and First officer are away. May own a pistol or shotgun.

Medic/Doctor (Open, One position only): Fixes all of those little holes that you might find in yourself on the job. Must have a minimum Medicine Skill of ‘5’. The Doctor has no weapon of his/her own due to the Hippocratic oath.

Mechanic (Open, One position only): Makes sure the ship keeps moving. Must have a minimum Mechanics Skill of ‘5’May own a pistol or use any number of big, bludgeoning tools.

Passenger (Open, no number restrictions): This role is open even after the game has started as the Lorinda often picks up passengers to make a little money on the side, no minimum Skill score required. Passengers may own a pistol, something easily hidden as the Captain restricts weapons to his crew.

-= Character Skills =-

This part of the character sheet determines how you fare in the Firefly universe, be in a polite and courteous fist fight or a gun-duel to the death with more than just two fighting eachother.

Primary Skills:

Strength: Muscles, muscles, muscles, has impact largely on close combat and fist fighting.

Dexterity: Largely determines your gunnery, accuracy and ability to run the heck away, when needed.

Constitution: Determines how hard you are to kill and how long you can last under strain, basically health and endurance.

Charisma: Whether or not you can charm your way out of danger or sell ice to Eskimos. Important for trading and the Bartering Skill.

Intelligence: Checks your smarts and book-learnin’. Can impact on reaction times and processing information, a low intelligence is not easily hidden.

Wisdom: Intelligence is best attributed with knowledge and experience, a high Wisdom may cause others to believe you more readily when revealing information or making trade.

Each Primary Skill is set with a minimum of 1, you have 14 additional points to distribute between them as you see fit, there is no minimum or maximum so long as you stick to the restrictions of the 14 points. A primary skill cannot have a score of ‘0’.

Example:

Primary Skills for Captain Jacques Cobb;

Strength: ‘2’
Dexterity: ‘4’
Constitution: ‘5’
Charisma: ‘4’
Intelligence: ‘3’
Wisdom: ‘2’

Overall there are 20 Points distributed in a way that best suites his description.

Secondary Character Skills:

Gun: Shooting and guns, what fun…

Close Combat (knives, blades, bludgeoning weapons): Cut, slice, dice, maim, bludgeon with a bag of doorknobs, etc, etc…

Hand to Hand Fighting: How to use your fists in exciting ways to beat a man to death.

Leadership: Determines how well you lead and what effect your instructions and decision have on you and the rest of the crew.

Pilot: How well you can manage yourself at the helm of a ship or even a Mule-bike.

Medicine: Puts a ‘Dr.’ at the front of your name, if you’re good enough.

Mechanics: Whether or not you know how to get your hands dirty and fix things… just about anything…

Barter: Grants the ability to change prices in your favor for both sales and purchases.

Intimidate: Also useful for avoiding difficult situations, scary thoughts, now…

Stealth: Sneaking, spying and Pick-Pocketing are your specialty with this skill.

Each Secondary Skill does not need a minimum value, if there are no points allocated to that skill, do not enter it one your character sheet.
You have 15 points to spend on these attributes but remember to chose carefully as these heavily affect your ability to select certain roles, as mentioned earlier, if you wanted to go a Gunner Class Crewman, you’d need a minimum Gun Skill of ‘5’.

Example:

Secondary Skills for Captain Jacques Cobb;

Gun: ‘3’
Hand to Hand Fighting: ‘1’
Leadership: ‘4’
Pilot: ‘2’
Barter: ‘4’
Intimidate: ‘1’

-= Final Rules On Character Creation =-

First of all, there are no aliens, no special powers and definitely no psychics, the only exception was River Tam, but she was a government science experiment, a rather hunted one at that.

Your characters are all Human of any type of social class as you chose, just make sure their bio explains how they came aboard Lorinda if they are somewhat of a rather well-off citizen, be descriptive and make it interesting, everyone has secrets they keep so make sure your character has a few surprises hidden away, if you so choose.

- - - - - - - - - -

Now get creative and make those characters! Read the rules, guidelines and let’s have us a Sci-Fi-Western Shindig, Yee-Haw!! *does Line dance*

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 05:38 AM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

I'm calling the doctor. I'm actually done with all the numbers. All that's left is a personality and I'll post him, but I'm holding that off until tomorrow. Gotta get sleep.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:48 AM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Doctor is yours ^.^

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 08:40 AM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

Name: Lee Chao Zhi
Nicknames: Doc
Rank/position: Medic/Doctor
Height: 5' 3"

Physical Description:
Lee is normally found wearing the typical white coat of a doctor over a tropical-style shirt and khaki slacks.

Character Description: Lee is a perfect example of the stereotype of an old Chinese man: wise beyond age, but extremely eccentric at the same time. He has his own little mannerisms and methods, both for his casual business and his medical work, that others find odd and unconventional, but few argue because they seem to work fine (not a single person he's worked on has complained). He has a tendency to mutter his thoughts under his breath and not notice what he's said, which has gotten him and his associates into deep trouble on more than one occasion. He is a reliable man, keeping promises and never selling out or leaving behind his friends.

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Constitution: 2
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 4
Wisdom: 7

Hand to Hand Fighting: 1
Leadership: 2
Pilot: 1
Medicine: 7
Barter: 4

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 09:43 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shad0w_Frost

I would like a Crew/ Gunner position please.
Still working on the character though.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:24 PM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Shad0w_Frost: Crew position is yours.

KingDubya: That is an awesome character... hands down ^^ 100% approved; great picture too, suites his character perfectly!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:32 PM
Aliies

Captain Jacques 'Jack' Cobb

Name: Jacques Cobb
Nicknames: ‘Jack’, ‘Cobb’, ‘Jacob’ or just ‘Captain’.
Rank/position: Captain of the Firefly, ‘Lorinda’
Age: Uncertain, claims he’s in his mid twenties but is hard to tell, looks to be mid thirties-forties.
Height: 6’1”

Physical Description:
(Still working on his illustration, looking pretty cool so far ^^ )

When you first meet this man, the one thing that stands out is his confident smile and rather crooked nose. He has an air of youth, despite many wrinkles brought about by the alliance, disproving his theory that he is in his twenties.
A small mole under his right eye breaks the even nature of his cheekbones, which almost jut out due to him looking slightly gaunt. Jacques eats a lot, it seems but always manages to remain as skinny as any rake would be proud of.

He always seems to take food into his room after each meal, seemingly a bad habit, he never says why.

Mostly unshaven with a soul patch covering the center of his chin, a dark blonde cut of short hair with a thick rat’s tail out the right side of the back of his head, braided tightly. He is often seen wearing a half-hearted and eccentric smile when he’s in a good mood. Whenever he is anything but high spirits his face turns into a monotonous shade of seriousness, times such as those you do not want to question his orders.’
He prefers to wear casual and unassuming clothes, has a particular disliking of showy outfits and likes to portray a mysterious personality for those who do not know him, part of a bartering technique, he claims.

Character Description:
Jacques or just Jack is a slightly-built man who proves that looks can be deceiving, he seems nigh impossible to kill and has a reputation of taking more bullets than he’s ever given. A strong trader and privateer, of sorts he has managed to hide his operations under the banner of his minor salvaging & trade license where in truth he runs a ship made to break the law. Bank jobs, cattle theft, ship theft, bounty hunting, blackmailing, Reaver-dodging, breaking and entering and is willing to take everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink, you name it Jack is just about the man for the job.

While he isn’t the wisest of men, he knows where he stands and how to stand tall at that, he can slip into any scene and blend, allowing him to dodge many-a lawman after his hide for any number of offenses actually linked to him.

In person he is eccentric and can be witty, but overall a bit of a klutz when it comes to coordination when he isn’t either pulling a job or being shot at.
Jack prides himself in petty things, while not portraying an ass of himself he can be serious and his strong presence of leadership keep his crew from thinking ill of him… In the most part anyway…

History:
Jacques never fought in the war; only his entire family did… as a result he is the last surviving member of said family of originally seven siblings.

For the longest time he saw the Alliance as a the shiny-tipped beacon of light and hope for which they prophesize themselves to be. His eventual ‘enlightenment’ came after he bought his first ship, transporting cargo and passengers from Ariel he was stopped by an Alliance cruiser, the Dortmunder, claiming he had remnant resistance on board.

He was boarded, arrested and they auctioned off his ship, an old Trans-U and claimed he was in league with terrorists who were planning an attack on federal territory.

Jack spent three years incarcerated until it was finally deemed he was not linked to them; they did not refund his losses nor his ship.

His second encounter, aboard his third ship after the second’s engine mysteriously imploded was where an Alliance operative stowed away among his passengers and eventually made to commandeer the ship to hunt down known fugitives. Once again arrested aboard his own vessel while it was pitted in a roguish space ship chase that ended up costing him more than the ship was worth, once again he was not reimbursed, spiraling the distraught captain even further into debt just to stay afloat.

His resolve was shaken but he originally thought it off as mere misfortune until he found himself chased down by Reavers. An escort, Alliance of course refused to assist as they were ferrying members of parliament, costing Jack three of his old crew, including his life-long friend Bishop, his first officer.

Captain Jacques Cobb scrubbed his hands of legality and Alliance control along with their stringent system of morals, ‘Damned to the black’ as he said as he converted his new ship, a Firefly to be retrofitted for smuggling and other forms of dubious work.

He named the ship Lorinda, after his wife who died along with Bishop and his mechanic, Joey in the Reaver attack.

Since that day he is the man he is today, nothing has changed and he sees no reason for it to be changed...

Privateer, mercenary and overall freelancer, through and through.

Primary Skills for Captain Jacques Cobb:

Wisdom: ‘2’

Secondary Skills for Captain Jacques Cobb:

Gun: ‘3’
Hand to Hand Fighting: ‘1’
Leadership: ‘4’
Pilot: ‘2’
Barter: ‘4’
Intimidate: ‘1’

Last edited by Aliies on Sep 5th, 2008 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 02:57 AM
Aliies

((I'll be posting bios on some of the dangers you may face in this game... first of all... everyone's favorite band of craziessmile)

-= Reavers =-

ZOE: If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh and sew our skins into their clothing and if we're very very lucky, they'll do it in that order.

To the people of the Core Worlds, Reavers are a campfire tale and bedtime story; to the people of the Border Worlds and Colonies, Reavers are very real.

Reavers are believed by most of the 'verse to be men that went insane at the edge of space and became savage. They stared into the void beyond and became what they saw... nothing. They gave into their primal nature and all that was civilized was discarded.
However, key members of the Alliance's Parliament know better, and the crew of the Serenity eventually discover their true origin. Most folks believe that Reavers are no longer human. It's easier to believe they have nothing in common with the rest of humanity.

- - - - - - - -

Name: Reavers
Nicknames: Just Reavers… They don’t need or have any other names…
Age: Unknown, began to appear ten years ago without reason.
Height: ‘Varies’
Build: Gaunt and muscular.

Physical Description:
They cut on their own faces, peel their lips and eyelids back, wear skin of their victims on their clothes and love to drench themselves in human blood. They vary from any and all types of size and shape, though all are gaunt, intensely muscular and are rather hard to kill.

Character Description:
Savage, brutal, fearsome, sadistic, relentless, psychotic and devoid of all moral reasoning.
They are seemingly mindless, but they are as smart as any human and have tactics plus they are rather good at what they do; Raping, murdering and eating every living thing, especially humans.

History:
(Information suppressed for spoiler reasons and that it hasn’t been discovered yet… And if you knew the Alliance would kill you without question.)

Primary Skills for Reavers;

Strength: ‘5’
Dexterity: ‘5’
Charisma: ‘1’
Wisdom: ‘1’

Secondary Skills for Reavers;

Gun: ‘2’
Close Combat: ‘5’
Hand to Hand Fighting: ‘5’
Pilot: ‘3’

Last edited by Aliies on Sep 5th, 2008 at 04:15 AM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 04:03 AM
Shad0w_Frost

Name: Dominic Draven Tombs
Nicknames: Dom, Draven, Tombs, Omen, Ghost, and many other names throughout the 'Verse.
Rank/ Position: Crew/ Gunner
Height: 6'2"
Build: Slim/ Muscular
Physical Description: Tall and Handsome with the exception of a scar going down the left side of his face. Dark Brown Hair/Eyes, Pale Skin. Keeps his hair Short. Often wears a simple black muscle shirt revealing Tribal-like Tattoos on his arms.

Character Description: Strong-silent type, Knows Many Many ways to kill a man. The kind of guy you never hear coming, but somehow he always pops up and scares the Goserh out of ya. Very Clever and creative. Also a very good thief, when he wantz to be. When He is bored he sometimes doodles in a small notebook he found.

History: Not much is known about his past, but he has had many secret dealings with a good many of the lowlifes and mercenaries scattered throughout the 'verse. He has been a "Soldier of Fortune" at times. Perhaps more will be revealed in the future, maybe even how he got that Scar on his face wink

Stats:

Strength: 4
Dexterity: 7
Constitution: 3
Charisma: 2
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 2

Gun: 6
Close Combat (knives, blades, bludgeoning weapons): 2
Hand to Hand Fighting: 1
Intimidate: 1
Stealth: 5

Last edited by Shad0w_Frost on Sep 6th, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 12:26 AM
Shad0w_Frost is currently offline Click here to Send Shad0w_Frost a Private Message Find more posts by Shad0w_Frost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boiled_egg

Hey guys, spoke with Aliies and I've put myself down as the Shepherd of the ship hehe

Heres her bio:

Name: Madgalene Vince
Nicknames: Maggie, Mags, M, Shepherd, Miss, M.V
Rank/position: Civilian/Shepherd/ex-service woman
Height: 5'7"
Build: Regular but with a little more tone than 'normal'

Physical Description:
At first glance Maggie looks like most other women roaming around the verse but if you stopped for a moment or two you'd notice the few visible scars that mark her seemingly smooth skin. Her clothes are in good repair and she only usually carries one or two small bags and it seems like she carries a small weapon near her hip.
Long mousey brown dreadlocks frame her face and are usually either pulled back or fall loose around her face.
Her skin hints of honey but usually leans toward the paler which is a real contrast to her eyes which are a coffee brown.

(I cant post a pic till I've been here a lil longer...sorry)

Character Description:
The air about Maggie is one of calm but resounding also of an inner confidence (not the prideful kind) that not many hold in their hearts.
With a tendency to stay silent on most occassions, she is never afraid to speak when the time arises and surprisingly enough her words come at the perfect time.
Maggie may be a Shepherd but she is just as human as everyone else in the verse...even the Reavers. She has her ups and downs. But with a slight quirk to her nature; when she does speak, she can hold a whole mob to a complete silence.

History:
Once a fighter stuck between the war of 'good' and 'evil', Maggie was a part of many mercenary troops hired out by the Alliance to do the diriest of dirty work. There wasn't a lot that the merc's wouldn't do in those days, it was a desperate time even for the more 'elite' out of the 'world of violence'.
Having been 'recruited' into the mercenary lifestyle at the tender age of 17 Maggie was exposed to a life of death and pleasure that was never ending as long as you didn't get killed.
So having 'dabbled' in the occasional drugs of many a kind, dating and breaking mens hearts it wasn't long before she fell into a headfirst spiral of self destruction.
Becoming unhinged from 'reality', Maggie lost her grip on what slight grip she had on her life to start with. Within months she struggled to complete 'jobs' with the rest of the team that she'd been assigned to.
A life of death and destruction of complete strangers lives was beginning to take its toll.

One night she found herself in a dingy bar like so many others she'd visited over the last few years, but what was different was that she couldn't even taste the liquor in the shot glass. She'd become to life itself and before she knew it, cold tears where streaming down her cheeks. Shoulders beginning to shake she finished off the last of the shot, paid and moved to leave only to find her way blocked by an 'odd' looking man.
Brow furrowed she shifted her bodyweight slightly to shove the man out of the way, her wrist caught as it extended toward the man, he pulled her close to him and whispered, "Let it all go."
Without hesitation Maggie sobbed into the strangers shoulder, every pain, haunting memory letting loose from her heart and soul.
Behind the bar, the owner's eyebrow raised as he watched the pair but one glance from the stranger and he was back to work. Without saying a word the stranger ushered Maggie outside and away from the dingy street they'd both found themselves in.

In time Maggie came to call the stranger several things; mentor, friend, brother and Shepherd.
Converting to the faith and leaving her life of violence behind her, Maggie's new life is all but a mystery to those around her as she finds more time alone than conversing with others.

Primary Skills:

Constitution: ‘2’
Intelligence: ‘4’
Wisdom: ‘4’

Secondary Skills:

Leadership: ‘3’
Close Combat: ‘3’
Stealth: ‘2’
Intimidate: ‘2’

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 06:52 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Name: None.
Nicknames: Khang.
Rank/position: Passenger/civilian
Height: 6'2"
Build: Tall, fairly muscular, also very agile.

Physical Description:

Khang is a caucasian male who follows many Chinese traditions. These include his clothing, hair style and fighting techniques. His clothing is suited to his profession, and he wears fairly loose robes covered in Chinese symbols of various meanings. He also prefers to wear leather boots and gloves. His long hair is tied back at all times and he usually shaves whenever he feels like it. He does not like to keep a highly maintained appearance as he hates vanity.

Character Description:
Khang is often mistaken for an ordinary, everyday Shepherd. While he might quote phrases and verses from his bible, Khang doesn't strictly believe in any god or higher being. To him, god is everything and everyone in the whole universe, and to upset even one single being is to upset god. He's a man who believes in order, balance and karma and doesn't think twice about dealing violent retribution. If Khang comes across a woman who's husband was slain by an underworld dealer, he will see it as his personal duty to correct the misdeed. Many Shepherds do not believe in Khang's actions and prefer to keep at distance for fear of being associated with his reputation.

Khang doesn't believe in personal wealth, he'll take a job if it means he can help out, and usually gives the money to anyone who needs it, usually innocent victims, or even chips it back to the ship for repairs etc. He's happy to take a smaller cut from a job if it means he can live on the ship and have a good meal everyday.

Khang is the kind of guy who everyone seems to have heard of, yet no-one actually knows anything about. He might spend months traveling and bonding with new companions only to suddenly disappear on his own journey alone the next day.

History:
Khang was once a freelance mercenary in the outer worlds, choosing to work alone. He would often take jobs offered by local sheriffs, mostly to track down known criminals. Once the Unification War began, the Alliance sent their own men down to the planets to look after security. They began to set out bounties for innocent men accused of associating with the Browncoats, and Khang saw the prejudice the Alliance held for the Independents. He left the outer worlds, not wanting to become caught up in the war, and headed for Eavesdown Docks on Persephone.

Once arriving on Persephone he abandoned everything he brought with him including his clothes, his belongings and his birth name. He adopted the name Khang, after the Battle of Du Khang, where many men died fighting for their freedom. He lived and trained with several monks on Persephone for many months before leaving and seeking out his own path. He considers Eavesdown Docks as his home, and usually returns there after he has accomplished whatever goal he set out to achieve. He also uses the Docks to join passage on outgoing ships. He is closer to the Browncoats than to the Alliance, although he has no official affiliation.

Primary Skills:

Strength: ‘4’
Dexterity: ‘3’
Constitution: ‘3’
Charisma: ‘2’
Intelligence: ‘4’
Wisdom: ‘4’

Secondary Skills:

Guns: ‘5’
Close Combat: ‘5’

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 11:24 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

OK, wow, quite an interesting mix of passengers and crew coming on board smile All approved, Just looking for a few primary character roles now.

First officer:
Pilot:
Mechanic:

Once I can get a few more players into those roles, (First officer isn't truly necessary) so a minimum of 2 more people and I can get this show on the road!

Have yet to post bios on a few more unfriendlies you might encounter.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 01:21 AM
Wavemaninawe

I'd like to apply for the role as pilot if that's alright.

I'll hand in my bio later today.

Last edited by Wavemaninawe on Sep 9th, 2008 at 08:27 AM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 08:22 AM
Wavemaninawe is currently offline Click here to Send Wavemaninawe a Private Message Find more posts by Wavemaninawe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Pilot's position is yours.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2008 11:18 PM
Wavemaninawe

Name: Salvador Goins
Nicknames: Goins, Sal, Darth Vador (not Vader), the Savior (rarely)
Rank/position: Pilot
Build: shorter than averege, wiry, somewhat athletic

Physical Description:
Dark brown skin but not quite 'black'. He is obviously mixed with at least one other ethnicity, facial features bear some asian influences. Deep brown eyes. Curly, black hair cut short out of convenience without any particular style or fashion. Has a perpetual display of mostly unkempt facial hair, either as a '5 o'clock shadow', nearly full beard or something in between. Goins taste in clothes neither coordinate or clash in styles or colors... everything he wears is quite bland but always loose fitting and comfortable. The only detail of vanity on Goins' person are a pair of small, plastic frame glasses. He has perfect vision but wears the glasses as a fashion statement since he likes the way they accentuate his face.

Character Description:
The first word to describe Goins is 'forgetable' and he likes it that way. A rather inconspicuous exterior framing an initially silent and reserved personality with ever watchful eyes and ears. Life on the border worlds and on the outskirts of the law has shaped a wary character who keeps a low profile and takes time to study people before encouraging contact or revealing anything about himself. Despite the protective wall of seclusion, Goins is fond of other people and will prove both friendly and openly social once someone has gained his trust. Goins tends to feel a personal connection with whatever craft he's piloting. He views the ship under his control as more of a fellow being than a vehicle and his habit of talking to the ship as if it was alive can sometimes unnerve people who aren't used to it. As can his habit of wearing glasses as a pilot.

History:
Little is known of Salvador's past. He mentions growing up poor at a down and out border world (doesn't mention which one) and that he learned the craft of piloting at a young age. He will admit to having a criminal past, working as a getaway driver but will not reveal the names of his former accomplices or if he still has any contact with them.

Primary Skills:

Strength: 1

Dexterity: 7

Constitution: 2

Charisma: 2

Intelligence: 5

Wisdom: 3

Secondary Character Skills:

Gun: 1

Hand to Hand Fighting: 3

Pilot: 7

Mechanics: 1

Barter: 1

Stealth: 2

Last edited by Wavemaninawe on Sep 11th, 2008 at 08:14 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 08:09 AM
Wavemaninawe is currently offline Click here to Send Wavemaninawe a Private Message Find more posts by Wavemaninawe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

OK! looking good, just waiting on one candidate, Urunsaishun sent me a message saying a definite yes, just waiting for the character post from him.

Boiled_Egg: Passenger/Shepherd
KingDubya: Doctor
Urunsaishun: (undecided)
Shad0w_Frost: Crew/Gunner
Outbound: Passenger/Shepherd.
Wavemaninawe: Pilot
Aliies: Captain/Mechanic/First officer/NPCs

Other than that, we are just about ready to ship off smile if no one takes Mechanic or first officer, I shall be playing them as NPCs as well as the captain and all the other characters we might meet.

And since Boiled_egg gave me the pleading puppy-dog look, I will be starting this rp within the week.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 12:21 AM
boiled_egg

*jumps and squeels* YEEEEEEEEE! I knew you would give in SOMEHOW!!! *hugs Aliies* LOL XD

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 02:58 AM
boiled_egg is currently offline Click here to Send boiled_egg a Private Message Find more posts by boiled_egg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wavemaninawe

I need to get better at doing that big grin

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 09:02 PM