KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » LOTR character backgrounds

LOTR character backgrounds
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Below are the original character and game background threads.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 15th, 2003 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2003 11:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

Buttel, Hobbit with big hairy feet, has some skill with a dagger, job eat and sleep..Does often disapper and show up at extreme times..

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 03:16 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Vardalain, a noldor elf. animist. (i know it has the smallest background but tell me if this fits) He has extended knowledges about healing. ( i assume that implies SOME herbology) He dedicates most of his fighting experience towards bow training. (i want that to be his main offense). he carries a light armor and a sword.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 07:58 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

ok.I'm Palanfirith a High Elf.I handle the bow extremely good and for hand-to-hand combat I'm using 2 knifes(good handling).I always like to be focused and never loose temper.My job is RANGER,a good scout,so I try to keep my colegues away from danger.I use a light armor a very light one so my moves are fast and effective.As an artifact I have The Arrow Bag of Enrhosiel,a megical bag with an infinit number of elven crafted arrows(think it's legal,isn't it ?smile ).
I think that's all for now....if any other ideeas come into my head I'll put them here.

P.S:For nicks check http://www.barrowdowns.com/middleearthname.asp

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 08:27 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Aranui - Dunadain Ranger. good with bow, which he carries. also a sword. uses a pretty light armour. he has a gentle nature; dislikes war but is a good fighter, and acts valiantly in battle.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 09:18 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

oh,Ushwhat do you mean by 'Noldor get the least background ties' ?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 10:36 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As I explained at the start, the more powerful your character, the less background advantages- money, equipment, positions, contacts and so on- you get. Noldor are the most powerful and so you get nothing other than the clothes you wear and weapons you carry. Aranui gets to be a member of the Royal Household of Gondor, whilst Buttel probably owns a fair bit of land and is quite rich from his exciting Hobbit gardening activities. Sorry, was I mocking Hobbits again?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 11:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

guess not.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

do not have connections and stuff I understand,but I'm treated like any other.right?
oh and another thing:what are we doing with the money if we travel all the time as a Fallowship ?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 11:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, how you are treated is up to the others! But I have to overrule your magical quiver, I am afraid. That would be a bit much even for a human.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 11:41 PM
Fitch
Free

well...ok.Then,I'm ready

Old Post Jan 6th, 2003 11:47 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(You'll be using Elven weaponry, of course, which is just plain better than human stuff...)

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 12:08 AM
narcil

finúvien: silvan elf, i'm not sure what job to pick yet...for now i'll say mage since no one else has. >D knowledge consists mainly of languages, lore, and a limited amount of botany. is studying the power of water; has some skill with the bow (defense), relatively good vision, and is very agile. somewhat impetuous, lacking the wisdom and patience of older, more learned mages.

'Slay Evil Immediately'

-the Shinsengumi

Last edited by narcil on Jan 7th, 2003 at 07:39 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 07:37 AM
narcil is currently offline Click here to Send narcil a Private Message Find more posts by narcil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gee, it's Elf city around here...

I think we'll need someone to take a Warrior. (Thinks).

FIRE!

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 01:17 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

we need a dwarf!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 02:57 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Could the Noldor Elves please choose where they come from? Your choices are Rivendell (in which case you are probably the son of one of Elrond's inner circle), Lothlorien (in which case you are an unusually adventerous member of Galadriel's hardcore weird followers) or Grey Havens (in which case you are a LONG way from home...)

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 7th, 2003 at 05:11 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 03:59 PM
Fire

hehe I won't take dwarf, sorry but I played way to many dwarves
I'm going for a Male Half-Elf (chose elf) Fighter named Zeratul
he was a sergeant or something like that in the army of Gondor, untill someone, most likely orcs, killed his wife. Then he gave up his duties as sergeant and began to hunt orcs in a violent way.
Speciality, one armed sword combat, without using shield and small group tactical combat

tell me if this is ok ush

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 04:14 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's fine.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 05:01 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

nooooo, another elf! nothin' but elves around here..damn those pointy-eared bast....yeah.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 05:04 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, he hasn;t been around long enough to be a full Elf so as a Half-Elf he will be more like man than Elf right now. But yes, it is an exceptionally gay party...

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 05:07 PM
Dexx
wingless

i'll be from rivendell
elf predominance ws expected, no? I was this close to be a dunedain myself

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 05:10 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote