KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Metroid Game Info & Background Info

Metroid Game Info & Background Info
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Metroid Game Info & Background Info

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Metroid series, but some of you *coughYerssotcough* have not. This is we're I'll explain a bit of the Metroid universe and the game I play to create.

Downloading Galactic Federation History Files...

In the year 2000 of the history of the cosmos, representatives from the many different planets in the galaxy established a congress called the Galactic Federation, and an age of prosperity began. A successful exchange of cultures and civilization resulted, and thousands of interstellar spaceships ferried back and forth between planets. But space
pirates also appeared to attack the spaceships.

The Federation Bureau created the Galactic Federation Police, but the pirates' attacks were powerful and it was not easy to catch them in the vastness of space. The Federation Bureau and the Federation Police called together warriors known for their great courage and sent them to do battle with the pirates. These great warriors were called
"space hunters." They received large rewards when they captured pirates, and made their living as space bounty hunters.

Recently, a terrible thing has occured. Space Pirates have attacked a deep-space research spaceship and seized a capsule containing an unknown life-form that had just been discovered on Planet SR388. This
life-form is in a state of suspended animation, but can be reactivated and will multiply when exposed to beta rays for 24 hours. It is suspected that the entire civilization of Planet SR388 was destroyed by some unknown person or thing, and there is a strong possibility that the life-form just discovered was the cause of the planet's destruction. To carelessly let it multiply would be extremely dangerous. The Federation researchers had named it "Metroid" and were bringing it back to Earth-- when it was stolen by the space pirates!

Downloading Space Pirates History File...

The Space Pirates were interstellar nomads, technologically advanced in both space travel and weaponry. When they plundered the Metroid population of SR388, they recognized in them massive military and energy resource potential. They immediately invaded the nearby planet Zebes, wiping out all life, including the population of indiginous Chozo, and building a massive network of research facilities in the caverns below the planet's surface. The planet Zebes is a natural fortress. Its sides are covered with a special kind of stone, and its interior is a complicated maze. On top of that, the pirates have planted devices and booby traps in the maze.

The game begins some time around these events. Though the headquarters of the Space Pirates, Zebes, has been located, there is another planet, Paloc III, that has been rumored to be a second headquarters. In the meantime, there is a Space Pirate raid on the planet K-2L, which has a large amount of resources, especially food for the mass quantity of Metroids the Pirates must feed. The players are dropped into the game as men and women aiding the Chozo and other species defend their home planet of K-2L.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 3rd, 2003 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 01:37 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Cool. I'll play. I'll actually be a human this time, too. Do we get Chozo suits?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 02:33 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

There are three templates in the Metroid game. Each template is brought to the mission for different reasons.

Soldier -- The Galactic Federation Police Force are basically the military might of the Galactic Federation. They are trained in a variety of things, including rescue missions, arresting criminals, war combat, urban combat, computer hacking, melee combat, and projectile combat. They are the all-around Template, and usually the Soldier gets to pick what they would like to excell in while they are part of the GFP. They are drawn to the missions on K-2L and Paloc III because it is their duty to protect the citizens of the Federation and to annihilate the Space Pirates.

Researcher -- The Researchers have little combat training, but are a great help in the war against the Pirates, in battle with wild creatures, or in taming. They can easily recognize a creatures' weakspot, which is essential in combat with armored creatures or creatures that have to be taken down a certain way to effectively get rid of it. They can also tame creatures into being beasts of burden, for they know what the creatures eating habits are and what the creature enjoys. They are equiped with a constant, wireless uplink to the Galactic Federation Databank, so they can transfer information about new species or look up information on a certain creature. They also have scanners to take images of creatures or plants. They are drawn to the missions on K-2L and Paloc III because they know the creatures that inhabit the planets and because the Pirates are polluting Paloc III, a named but vitually unmapped planet with unknown species.

Bounty Hunter -- Bounty Hunters are people who prowl the galaxy and look for high-paying missions from the Galactic Federation. Usually they are clad in armored, weapons-bristling, life-support suits. Each one is different, whether it be technology, design, species the suit has been made by, weaponry, or color. Most bounty hunters have adopted the Arm Cannon, which is controlled by positioning and moving the fingers inside the cannon, switching weaponry or targeting certain things. The Arm Cannon is highly customizeable, also coming in a variety of different styles, designs, etc. The Bounty Hunters are drawn to the missions on K-2L and Paloc III because they have been paid by the Galactic Federation.

As a notice, you MAY NOT play as Samus Aran, a bounty hunter/researcher. She will be an NPC that you might interact with if you are lucky. Besides, she is only a young teen during the K-2L raid, as you'll soon find out...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 02:39 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Downloading Character Profile Writing Program...

This example is based on Samus Aran, the main character of the Metroid series.

Player: NPC
Character: Samus Aran
Template: Bounty Hunter/Researcher
Species: Human
Equipment:
--Chozo-built Power/Varia Suit
--Customizable Arm Cannon
--Power Beam w/Charge Beam capabilities
--Morph Ball w/bombs
--Missile Launcher
Suit Description: Red, yellow, and orange when in Varia suit. Right arm covered by Arm Cannon. Green visor. Two boost vents on back. Suit covers entire body.
Physical Description: Unknown

Another reminder, you may not be Samus Aran. NPC is she!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 03:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Oops! I almost forgot the restrictions and notices...

As you progress through the game, you will obtain upgrades. In the beginning, you shall only have one weapon, the Power Beam. And when you find an upgrade as you go along, you will only be able to hold a second one. For example, you'll have the Power Beam and the Wave Beam if you happen to come upon it.

--NO MORPH BALL. This is an Upgrade.

--NO MISSILE LAUNCHER. Also an Upgrade.

--YES, you may have Charge Beam. It comes with every weapon except missile.

--NO COMBINATION BLASTS. This means no Flamethrower or Super Missile. Not only do you need the Missile Launcher, but the combinations are Upgrades.

--NO PHAZON BEAM. The events from Metroid Prime have not happened yet, and Phazon hasn't been discovered by the Space Pirates or the Chozo.

--You cannot be a Chozo. They are a mostly passive species, plus they are too strong to make good players.

--You will all be starting in Power Suits.

If you need help with your Profile, just ask.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 04:27 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I almost forgot another thing. You can have a ship. smile

Samus Aran's would be a Hunter-class Gunship.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 04:28 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Player: General Dak Kaliero
Character: Josh Renard
Template: Bounty Hunter
Equipment:
-- Chozo Power Suit
-- Arm Cannon w/ Charge Beam
Suit: Full-body, Chozo-built.
--Primary color: Black
--Secondary color: Silver
--Detailing: Green
--Visor: Green
Arm Cannon on left arm. Boost plugs in foot soles.

Physical description: Unknown until further notice.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 11:02 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Excellent Dak. smile

Everyone, do the Suit Description like Dak's. big grin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 05:19 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Okay, more notices. smile

Soldiers do not have arm cannons. Instead, you may list rifles, pistols, and grenades that you might have. Remember, these weapons are all on Power Beam mode. Once you get certain upgrades, they could have the Wave Beam or Ice Beam as well. For example, your grenades would freeze everything in a 5 foot radius.

Also, Soldiers do not have suits. Though they do have power suits, they do not wear helmets with visors. The suits are mostly different designs of shades of blue, red, or green.

Researchers may wear suits if they choose so. Those are lighter in protection than the Bounty Hunter's or Soldier's, but they are much more agile. They may also carry rifles and such. No arm cannons as well.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 05:31 PM
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

Player: Genral Zink
Character: K'lun Gohep
Template: Soldier
Species: Zebesian
Equipment:
--Galactic Federation Police Power Suit
--Zebesian Power Rifle
--Two Zebesian Pistols
Suit Description:
--Primary Color: Dark Red
--Secondary Color: Red
--Detailing: Blue
--Visor: N/A
Physical Description:
--Typical Zebesian
--Glowing orange eyes
--Purple exo-skeleton
--Pincer-like hands

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 05:39 PM
genral zink is currently offline Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Player: Bespin Bart
Character: Christopher Pernam
Template: Bounty Hunter
Equipment:
-- Power Suit
-- Arm Cannon w/ Charge Beam
Suit:
--Primary color: Bronze
--Secondary color: Gold
--Detailing: Yellow
--Visor: Neon Yellow
--Arm Cannon on Right Arm
--Booster Vents on back, useless until Space Jump upgrade is obtained.
Physical Description: Unknown

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 06:05 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

sounds nice, but when you start with
"NO MORPH BALL, NO MISSILE LAUNCHER. YES, you may have Charge Beam, NO COMBINATION BLASTS."
I have the feeling I'll be the one who doesn't know ANYTHING of these things...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 09:35 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Don't worry, I like explaining things.

In the game, Yerss, find a ton of upgrades, which is the key to success in beating the game. The Morph Ball lets you transform into a little ball. The missile launcher is an upgrade, and a slightly powerful one at that. Charge Beam lets you charge up your gun. Combination Blasts are charge beams combined with missile, making devastating weapons.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 10:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The idea that you are all somewhat beginners is so I don't have people running around thinking they can fire nukes and blow up 10 pirates at once. eek!

Metroid Prime is a fun game Yerss. If you have a Cube, you should rent it.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 10:27 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I ain't no newbie!!! >:
Metroid rocks as a whole series!!

Hahaha! laughing out loud I'm an RPG description role model!!!

...Oh, wait, I forgot a ship... I'll have a Hunter-class Gunship, like Samus' but with more guns, and my signature colors.

Now a few questions:

-Forgive me if I'm dreadfully wrong, but wasn't Samus more of a pre-teen/kid during the K-2L raid?

-Also, Samus' physical is only unknown to geeks who've never beaten Metroid games. (no offense, Yerss) Anyone who beats any game can see:
--Her face, if they're a loser.
--Her body, without the suit, if they're able to beat the game with a good enough rating.

Her current physical description is Blond hair, blue eyes.

And now, Watch out, Zink, I've been known to blast Zebesians first and interrogate later... REX, whoever is introducing us all better warn me not to shoot, or they'll have a Zebesian-shaped imprint in their wall...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 11:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Quite right, I meant kid/preteen.

Well, since you'll be in the Metroid Universe, no one has any idea what Samus looks like underneath the suit and that Samus is a girl until after the events of Metroid occur. Not even the Galactic Federation Council knows.

That'll make for a good meeting, Dak. Thanks for the idea. big grin

The game will start with a prologue. The players will be sent to the planet K-2L to aid the Chozo in protecting their home, as well as the other species that live with them. Chozo Warriors are limited and are rusty due to the fact that Chozo are passive. It will be split into two groups, the bounty hunters & researchers separate from the soldiers.

The main part will start, and that is when Dak and Zink will meet.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 12:28 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

And I show off my prejudice against bug-like aliens, right? smile

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 01:24 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

i think i'll join.

don't you think they knew she was a girl rex? i mean..it was only the Gamers that didnt know, wasn't it?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 10:35 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

oh! and you join this one huh, mah? stick out tongue

I'm still searching all these things out, but I want to join yes

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 11:11 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

well I sorta feel obliged to, seeing as I'm the resident Metroid fanatic.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 11:56 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote