KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Metroid -- Game 1

Metroid -- Game 1
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Metroid -- Game 1

In the year 2000 of the history of the cosmos, representatives from the many different planets in the galaxy established a congress called the Galactic Federation, and an age of prosperity began. A successful exchange of cultures and civilization resulted, and thousands of interstellar spaceships ferried back and forth between planets. But space
pirates also appeared to attack the spaceships.

The Federation Bureau created the Galactic Federation Police, but the pirates' attacks were powerful and it was not easy to catch them in the vastness of space. The Federation Bureau and the Federation Police called together warriors known for their great courage and sent them to do battle with the pirates. These great warriors were called
"space hunters." They received large rewards when they captured pirates, and made their living as space bounty hunters.

Recently, a terrible thing has occured. Space Pirates have attacked a deep-space research spaceship and seized a capsule containing an unknown life-form that had just been discovered on Planet SR388. This
life-form is in a state of suspended animation, but can be reactivated and will multiply when exposed to beta rays for 24 hours. It is suspected that the entire civilization of Planet SR388 was destroyed by some unknown person or thing, and there is a strong possibility that the life-form just discovered was the cause of the planet's destruction. To carelessly let it multiply would be extremely dangerous. The Federation researchers had named it "Metroid" and were bringing it back to Earth-- when it was stolen by the space pirates!

The Galactic Federation is still thinking of a way to deal with the Space Pirates on Zebes. The planet Zebes, a Class 5B planet, is a natural fortress. Its crust is composed primarily of Urthic ore, which can withstand heavy bombings. And so far no one has taken the job of infiltrating the complicated maze that the Pirates have constructed under the surface.

But for all of the strategic greatness of their headquarter's location, the Space Pirates are running out of supplies. Foodstuffs and building materials are rare on Zebes, and the Pirates are fresh out of both. Therefore, they have gone on many raiding parties across the galaxy in their decisive starfighters and large transports.

The most recent raid has started on K-2L, where the Chozo and humankind have set up a colony and live in peace. The colony was ill-prepared for such an attack, and the reports are not looking good. The soldiers already there are being pushed back towards the gate of the colony, and the Chozo warriors are few in number.

Bounty Hunters across the galaxy have been sent an offer. The Galactic Federation is offering a large amount of money for your services on K-2L, and encourage you to get to the outpost near K-2L. And you see the zeros roll across the screen, you eagerly accept. You set your coordinates for the outpost and take off.

The Galactic Federation Police are being sent to K-2L as well, to aid the soldiers and Chozo that are still alive. The Soldiers quickly gear up. Immediately they hop into their suits of armor. Most are blue, but the high ranking leaders of the GFP are wearing green and red. In the armory, the soldiers all grab high-powered rifles and less powerful but still lethal pistols.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 02:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Bounty Hunters are loaded onto troopships, separate from the Soldiers. The bulky troopships are heavily armored, making you all feel secure.

The bounty hunters on the Crimson Beam quickly take their seats. Coincidentally, the four of you sit next to each other. Josh Renard (General Kaliero), Christopher Pernam (Bespin Bart), Daran Foley (Mah), and John McArny (yerssot) sit next to each other on the ship. You've all met before, but it has been a long long time since you have crossed paths. You all love action and you all love being paid, though some of you have your own reasons for fighting the Space Pirates. Though you are all relatively new to the business, you are all very lethal hunters and quite renowned for your fights against the Pirates.

The Soldiers are loaded onto similar troopships, but their troopships are more heavily armed, with cannons bristling from the sides, the top, and the bottom. After grabbing their weapons, the slide down into the loading hatch and take their seats. Some of them arm the turrets on the sides of the troopship.

K'lun Gohep (Genral Zink), you feel odd amongst all these human beings. Being a Zebesian, you stick out like a sore thumb. And the fact that the Zebesians are now allied with the Space Pirates isn't helping that feeling any bit. Another bad thing is that your troopship is called the Target Practice because of how much fire it attracts. You were the first on the ship because you always have your customized Zebesian weapons with you, so you have a good seat next to the cockpit and the large viewports that allow the gunners to have good range of sight.

Soon both sets of ships leave the outpost and soon arrive in the space near K-2L. Your ships are immediately rocked with laser fire from the speedy Pirate starships. A medium-sized Pirate cruiser is hovering above the planet and blasting down other ships entering the area quickly. Lone bounty hunter ships are attempting to take it down, but it is not looking good for them.

K'lun, you wince as a blast hits close to the viewport. Your second set of eyelids go down to protect your eyes from the light. The four bounty hunters do a similar thing as a missile wizzes by your transport and obliterates another. Some of the wreckage skids off the side of the troopship, your sound sensors in your helmets muting the screeching noise for you.

If your ships survive this part of the flight, you will reach the planet in less than 10 minutes.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 02:50 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Chris frowns. "Well, what a good start to a battle. Nearly being blown to pieces by a Pirate missile..."

"If we die, I'd like to catch up on things with you three before that happens. How's life?"

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 03:21 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

K'lun shields his eyes with his hand for extra protection. He looks around the ship, reading the expressions on the faces of the other soldiers.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 03:23 AM
genral zink is currently offline Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Your voice filters through the helmet. The others on the Crimson Beam look at you like your insane, Chris. Most of the other bounty hunters are new to the business as well, and are not keeping their cool very well. You wait for the others to reply.

--

As you scan the crowded seats, you read many expressions. Fear, bravery, anger, sadness, etc. Most of the bravery comes from the general near the cockpit door. General Ylar Vesmos, as you recall. He is a wolf-like soldier, well-built, and famous throughout the army. For his great services, he received a beamsword as a gift from the Galactic Federation Council.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 03:30 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

"Life's not too good. You could say that's why I chose this job; don't have much reason to stay home anyways."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:12 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

*is silent, doesn't wastes energie on talking*

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:16 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"Yeah same here. I was supposed to be doing a mission for the GF on Tallon IV, to visit the Chozo there for some reason. Anyway, didn't get to the surface. They canceled the mission for this one."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 12:52 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

"General Vesmos, how do you think the battle will go?" K'lun asks. "What's the plan?"

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 12:59 AM
genral zink is currently offline Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"I just want to get paid," Josh says, doing some basic maintenance on his arm cannon.

After a pause, he looks up. "Oh, alright, I want to blast some pirates too. If there's two things I hate, it's Pirates, and Zebesians."

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 11:20 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"Yeah, nothing is more fun that blasting Pirates with friends," Chris says. He performs maintenance on his arm cannon as well.

"I found a Wave Beam upgrade, but I was injured on T33-A and lost it. It would be useful here..."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 05:14 AM
yerssot

*sighs*
*double checks weapons*

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 10:53 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"You don't like to talk much do you John?" Chris asks. He too double checks his systems.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 10:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

As you four talk amongst yourselves, your ship is being rocked by laser fire. Four more missiles fly by and collide with the other gunships. One is incredibly close to you, and your helmets continue to mute the sound of blaster fire and screeching metal. The Crimson Beam is now flying incredibly close to the Pirate flagship, and you all begin to float as the gravity simulator is blown off by Pirate fire. John hits his head on the ceiling.

--

"The plan is that we get into the city and save whoever we can," General Vesmos tells you. "We're looking at about 500 Pirates of several varieties. You'd better be ready to use that new Charge Beam I put in your rifle, Zebe." Ug, you hate it when he calls you Zebe...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 10:59 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Chris grabs some piping and pulls his way down to his seat.

"I wish I had brought my own ship. I would be out there defending this hunk of junk right now..." Chris mutters unhappily as he straps himself in.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 01:21 AM
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

"Don't call me Zebe," K'lun says to the General. "And thanks for the Charge Beam. I'm sure I can find a use for it in this fight."

"How long has the battle been occuring?"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 01:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

That's what you hate about these kind of missions, Chris, even though you've only heard of them before. The Galactic Federation thinks their shielding is better. You agree with that, but their pilots are crappy...

--

"Hey, whatever, and you're welcome," the General says. He doesn't hear the last thing you asked as two missiles strike the rear of the ship.

"We're going to make a crashlanding, General!" the copilot calls from the front seat.

"Oh damn...make sure your safety restrainst are well fastened!" the General orders.

--

Your ships are now entering the atmosphere of K-2L. Out the portholes you can see very little because of the smoke rising from the surface or from your ships. You can tell that the surface is mostly covered in brownish-blue soil and a few thick forests.

Both of your ships are going to make crashlandings. The Crimson Beam has been hit too many times in bad places and the Target Practice has been hit with two or three missiles.

All of you strap yourselves in as the turbulence and heat in the ships rise, but it all comes to a halt as your ships plow through a field about half a mile apart.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 19th, 2003 at 01:44 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 01:39 AM
yerssot

"stick together and don't do anything foolish here people!"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:55 AM
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

K'lun gets up and looks around to see if anyone is injured.

"Is everybody alright?" K'lun asks as he grabs his rifle from off the ground. He heads for the exit.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 09:52 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"I'm really wishing I hadn't passed up that mag-boots upgrade," Josh grumbles as he pulls himself down and straps in.

"Don't get shot!" he yells helpfully to the pilots.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 06:08 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote