KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Paganism and Wicca in the Matrix?

Paganism and Wicca in the Matrix?
Started by: Ikobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Paganism and Wicca in the Matrix?

Hm... just a random thought, feel free to correct me if I'm a bit wrong, but to my knowledge, a witch in Pagan and Celtic myth, etc, a witch was able to turn into a white rabbit or hare in the full moon, thus making the white lapine (evil rabid scum... I hate rabbits!) species a symbol of spirituality and supernatural power... and what is the animal that lured Neo into the realization of the Matrix? Also, in Reloaded, Neo flies up and passes a large white full moon before going in search of the Oracle.

~AI

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 12:38 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Re: Paganism and Wicca in the Matrix?

quote:
Originally posted by Ikobe
Hm... just a random thought, feel free to correct me if I'm a bit wrong, but to my knowledge, a witch in Pagan and Celtic myth, etc, a witch was able to turn into a white rabbit or hare in the full moon, thus making the white lapine (evil rabid scum... I hate rabbits!) species a symbol of spirituality and supernatural power... and what is the animal that lured Neo into the realization of the Matrix? Also, in Reloaded, Neo flies up and passes a large white full moon before going in search of the Oracle.

~AI

I think u can find countless forms of symbolism and interpretations about the contents of this movie...But I think the main reason of why the White rabbit was used, was to quote the "Alice in Wonderland" story by Lewis Caroll...But if u want to look at it from a paganist point of view, I guess it's ur choice! Anyway, isn't choice what this story is mainly about? wink Oh and err....what do u have against rabbits??(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 08:55 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Well, when I was little, my best friend's rabbit scratched my arms and bit me lots, I got a rabbit when I was 8 and after pissing on/biting/scratching me, the bugger ran off.

~AI

Last edited by Ikobe on Aug 16th, 2003 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 06:38 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

bunny bunny bunny bunny
how could u hate them? they're so cute

try going to a terapist
bunny bunny wink

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 08:33 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DJMissPinkie
Formerly the MCElite

yeah....erm sum rabbits are cute i had a rabbit called flopadopalopalis who was u ber cute but then i got another rabbit called lucky who was the reincarnation of the devil!!!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:42 AM
DJMissPinkie is currently offline Click here to Send DJMissPinkie a Private Message Find more posts by DJMissPinkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by MCElite
yeah....erm sum rabbits are cute i had a rabbit called flopadopalopalis who was u ber cute but then i got another rabbit called lucky who was the reincarnation of the devil!!!

The rabbit version of Chucky!!! Maybe a criminal got into it!!!!!!!(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:19 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote