KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Why do YOU like the Matrix movies?

Why do YOU like the Matrix movies?
Started by: Neon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neon

Question Why do YOU like the Matrix movies?

What is so fascinating about these movies in your own opinion?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 10:22 PM
Neon is currently offline Click here to Send Neon a Private Message Find more posts by Neon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainInsano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not only do they have some of the best action, and best choreography but they also have a great story that makes you think on so many different levels. Heck for all we know we could be plugged into the matrix right now lol, joking of course but the Wakowski bros do such a good job creating it that it seems possible

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 01:45 AM
CaptainInsano is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainInsano a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainInsano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well...that's not why i watch it. You can see better coreographies in other films and sure in hell it won't get me thinking on wether or not i'm plugged into some virtual reality.
i like the atmosphere in it...the idea's pretty original. That's bout it...the rest comes naturally.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 04:14 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The original storyline was what got me. It's not just another cliche, like a lot of recent movies are.

It's also not incredibly stupid. Its story makes sense in its own right, and the characters are played fairly well.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 05:05 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainInsano
Not only do they have some of the best action, and best choreography but they also have a great story that makes you think on so many different levels. Heck for all we know we could be plugged into the matrix right now lol, joking of course but the Wakowski bros do such a good job creating it that it seems possible

I agree w u ...Plus I like the way it's been filmed (dark and green tint, and beautiful imagery of Zion), I love the way they r dressed, I think the costume designs r awesome!.....and last but not least, bcuz I absolutely adore Keanu Reeves and I don't miss any movie he's been in!!....That's the first reason why I wanted to watch it!!!!....and then of course I got hooked onto the story and everything else, and I became insane!!!! stick out tongue (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 05:06 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrazyShady
Major, Super, Someone

Im back! Happy Dance
The reason I like this movie so much, is coz I kinda like the idea of "mind over matter" (ex: if u think u can jump really high with no doubt, u will) plus it has a great storyline, and very very cool cool special effects. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Attachment: 03.jpg
This has been downloaded 53 time(s).

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 07:54 AM
CrazyShady is currently offline Click here to Send CrazyShady a Private Message Find more posts by CrazyShady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

I like The Matrix movies b'coz the storyline is fantastic and the special effects are stunning...plus Keanu is hott!!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 04:23 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
I like The Matrix movies b'coz the storyline is fantastic and the special effects are stunning...plus Keanu is hott!!

OOOOOOOOOO.....Yeah baby!!(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:10 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

First and foremost it’s just a great story. As someone who likes William Gibson’s cyberpunk novels, the Matrix just took the entire gothic-punk genre to completely new heights, while paying attention to classic storytelling.
The choreography is amazing, the casting excellent and I like the way it appeals to a broad audience. You can like it just for the action and “kewl kung-fu”, but also interpret it endlessly and keep finding new clues. It’s like solving a puzzle big grin

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:32 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by Verity
OOOOOOOOOO.....Yeah baby!!(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Llaughing out loudL

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 03:57 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

i think we've summed it all up. not to mention that certain parts of it have you mentally pumping your fists.

btw, crazy, i think your picture is a man in a bikini. IMO, you coulda done better.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 04:31 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

Mainly the philosophical theories in the movie, or just the story...hehe... and it bullet-time stuff. The characters are okay, and Korri, Neo is pretty fine...

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 12:37 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote