KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » here's ANOTHER theory on how neo stopped the sentinels

here's ANOTHER theory on how neo stopped the sentinels
Started by: nxs4ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nxs4ever

Miffed here's ANOTHER theory on how neo stopped the sentinels

Hey everybody, I'm new! This is my first post.

I've read a lot of theories and a few are quite plausible. But here's mine: some people have been posting and asking what the significance of Persephone is. It's obvious her name means something and we've established her name comes from the Greek Goddess who was condemned to spend 6 months on earth and 6 months in the underworld. If you're not sure, or you think it's 3 months, look up Persephone at dictionary.com, you'll see it's 6 months each. So it's half of her time here and half down there. This of course, does not explain anything. It shouldn't. The name is simply for symbolic value, not an exact definition of the character. Persephone in MR is a program who is able to 'sample' people's lives through a kiss. What does this mean in terms of a program? It means she downloads herself into people and can somewhat experience their lives. When she did this to Neo, a part of her is inside of him. Half of her (think of the Greek goddess 1/2 here 1/2 there) is in Neo and the other half is still with Merovigian, inside the Matrix. When Neo feels the sentinels, it's because Persephone senses them inside the Matrix. Since half of her is in Neo, there is a link and Persephone stops the sentinels from within the Matrix.

That's what I think. It seems kind of far fetched but I guess we'll find out what really happened November 15th!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 08:04 PM
nxs4ever is currently offline Click here to Send nxs4ever a Private Message Find more posts by nxs4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Accoeding to greek mithology, persephone was the wife of hades.

i doubt that the softwares from within the matrix have any influence in acting outside of it.
It's Smith who managed to download himself into bane's i/o signal..

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 08:36 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

And how does Persephones OTHER half (the one in the Matrix) sense the approaching sentinels? Telepathy????

Not to mention that she'll be spread thin by now. A part in Neo, a part in Niobe, a part in Ghost (the latter two she kisses in EtM).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 10:57 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

her downloading something through her kisses is VERY probable

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 12:23 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nxs4ever

The theory has many holes but the thing holding it up is Persephone's name. All the names are significant. Seraph is an angel who protects the Oracle. Morpheus god of dreams, Trinity (the father, the son and the holy ghost, makes up the three, etc.) and so on.

Unless Persephone was also FREED by those from Zion and is plugged into the Matrix half the time and out in Zion the other, there is no other explanation for her name...or is there?

I think she is able to spend time in other people, even when they exit the Matrix, that's how she spends time in the Matrix and time out.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 01:57 AM
nxs4ever is currently offline Click here to Send nxs4ever a Private Message Find more posts by nxs4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

i don't really see yet how her name means she's inside neo.

persephone, as has been pointed out, was the wife of hades. merovingian could very well be the symbolic hades/satan/lucifer of the matrix movies (to see that discussion -- http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t10211.html). i don't think you have to go much farther than that.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 03:45 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nxs4ever

So the other half of Persephone's definition according to dictionary.com:

The daughter of Demeter and Zeus who was abducted by Hades but rescued by her mother and thereafter spent six months of the year on earth and six months in the underworld"

is to be ignored? We're only supposed to look at the part where she's abducted by Hades and not rescued and spends half her time in someone/at somewhere else? I think there's more to it, think about it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 08:26 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

That’s all fine and dandy. But it does nothing to explain HOW Persephone (downloaded into Neo) in the real world is able to sense the approaching sentinels AND communicate that to the Matrix Persephone, who is THEN able to stop them because she…?
That is THE big question we fans struggle with. And your theory does nothing to explain that.

Persephone is a kind of emotional vampire actually. She does not down-load herself into anyone, she’s able to “taste” emotions and gain insight from them through a kiss. And she is a program (play EtM).

Also: Persephones name of course does mean something. The Merovingian does seem to portray some Hades-like character, and she is said “bad guy”s wife. That does not mean she spends half her existence in the real world and the other half outside. Just like Morpheus really is not THE God of Dreams, and Trinity bears as much resemblance to the Christian same, as my bike bears to a fish.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 12:22 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kelenvor

Here is the story:

Persephony was the daughter of Demitra (goddess of nature). When Hades (nothing to do with Lucifer/Satan he was not an evil god) saw her on a field , he felt in love with her and with a chariot emmerged from the ground and abduct her by force. Demitra was very sad for loosing her daughter cast a terrible winter on to the Greek lands. Corpses where lost animals died etc..

The poor mortal Greeks starting complaining to the big boss Zeus (the father of gods) and then Zeus ordered Hades to release Persephony. Hades refused and the come to the agreement that she will walk again to earth every six month.

Ergo,( I watch too much Matrix Reloaded) the birth of seasons. When Persephony was in the land of the dead, Demitra was sad and we have autumn and winter. When she was at the surface spring and summer.

What is really interesting is the fact that Persephony was the queen of the underworld.

Zion is located underground, and Architect said that she(the mother) create it( by giving a choice to the 1% etc…)

So is Persephony the mother of matrix?

Use the fork Neo

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 02:09 PM
kelenvor is currently offline Click here to Send kelenvor a Private Message Find more posts by kelenvor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

whether or not she's the mother of the matrix is really neither here nor there. that's a whole other argument that goes on for pages and pages.

what i'm saying, nxs and kelenvor, is that you can't expect the ENTIRE story about a mythological person to be incorporated into the matrix character. as omega so aptly put it, everything about the "real" morpheus does not apply to our movie character, nor can we match everything with the real concept of the trinity with the woman in the movie. so yes, nxs, certain parts can be ignored.

i wasn't saying hades was evil, btw. i was just saying the merovingian could represent both hades and satan.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 05:49 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nxs4ever

The names of the characters all have some meaning to a certain extent, I think we all see that. What I'm proposing is only a theory. In fact, I'll admit the other theory about Agent Smith being a part of Neo and the sentinels halting when they sense that this is so is more plausible. But it's fun to come up with these wild guesses, right? Isn't that a part of why we're discussing the movie? If you take a step back and see what we've been talking about, it just proves The Matrix is one of a few movies to be able to inspire such discussions! I think that's something in itself.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 08:40 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I have an idea, but i want you to read ALL of it before responding, ok?

The Matrix v1.0 was, heaven. Persephone, Mero, etc. were all created in this version. However, as it was a monumental failure, it was rewritten, but all the programs were kept and placed in Matrix v2.0 . This is where Mero and Persephone "descend" into "Hades", and where Mero becomes a different man. This is the first "month" of Persephone's impisonment. Each subsequent integral anomaly was another "month", until we get to the sixth anomaly. This is the last "month" that persephone must spend in "Hades", aka Matrix v2.x . Perhaps this fact is foreshadowing, in and of itself, that Neo will break the cycle of anomalies, and restore "heaven on earth", so to speak.

Also, i'm not saying that the Merovingian is evil, persay, but he does represent the "evils" of society (lust, greed, french,...). (I'm just joking, if there are any French out there. I really don't mind the French people, and, like Mero, i love the language)

This is just a thought, but i would really like some feedback, to help refine this idea.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 02:41 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

JediHDM> Hm, that is an interesting idea. That Matrix 2.0 represents the mythological Hell/Hades/Underwold, and Matrix 1.0 is heaven/Eden/Olympos (insert favourite primordial place of bliss).
In psychology those places are also related to the superego and the id/subconcious. But that should then mean, that the real world is “really” real, a place of the usual mythological tests and trials for mankind, before either reaching heaven or hell. But the Matrix in itself seems to play that role. Either you just accept the illusion (Matrix) or you are set free (entering the real world).
But why should the Architect (God) allow programs from the original Matrix to be written into his second attempt? It's of course possible that he’s not as omnipotent as he seems, since the Architect cannot do anything against the Mero. Perhaps some original programs from 1.0 were simply so powerful, that they avoided deletion? The Mero deals with information. And today it is called IT = Information Technology...

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 03:14 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

did you know there was no heaven or hell in ancient judaic religion of judaism? Yeah they added it a few hundred years after Christianity

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 03:59 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

The Architect may seem to be the archetypal God character, but he is anything from omnipotent or omniscient. If he were, he wouldn't have allowed the integral anomaly to occur in the first place, ie "despite my sincerest efforts".

I think that the Programs were allowed to transfer to Matrix v2.0 because their jobs weren't completed, ie it was easier to keep the other programs, with minor changes, than to rewrite everything.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 05:06 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unibrow
The Bored One

there has always been a heaven in judaism its said that god rests in the seventh heaven and there was heaven and angels b4 god created the world

Clide: 12?
Mr.G: okay now lets try to get an answer from someone whos not a complete retard
anyone? cmon dont be shy!
Kyle: i think i know the answer mr. garrison
Cartman: meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh
Kyle: shut up fat boy
Cartman: hey! dont call me fat u f***ing jew!
Mr.Garrison: eric did u just say the "f" word?
Cartman: jew?
Kyle: no hes talking about f*** u cant say f*** in school u f***ing fatass
Mr.G: kyle!
Cartman: why the f*** not?!
Mr.G: eric!
Stan:dude u just said f*** again!
Mr.G: stanley!
Kenny:f***
Mr.G: kenny!
Cartman: whats the big deal? it doesnt hurt anybody! f*** f***ity f*** f*** f***
Mr.G: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO SEE THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR?!
Cartman: how would u like to suck my balls?!
Mr.G: WHAT DID YOU SAY?!
Cartman: oh im sorry im sorry actually what i said was *picks up megaphone*
HOW WOULD U LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS MR GARRISON?!
Stan: holy shit dude!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2003 10:47 PM
unibrow is currently offline Click here to Send unibrow a Private Message Find more posts by unibrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yeah i had to think about it but there was heaven in judaism.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 12:54 AM