KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Fields of Humans

Fields of Humans
Started by: SiriusBlackRIP

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SiriusBlackRIP

Fields of Humans

I've been pondering this for some time, I just thought it was interesting. In The Matrix we see the fields of humans that are used as power for the Machines. The purpose of The Matrix is to sustain these humans psychologically. I understand that this is completely theoretical but I was just wondering how, scientifically, it would be possible to physically sustain the billions and billions of humans that must be required. Through cloning and gene therapy the human crops would be perfectly healthy and as they are totally submerged in that slimy stuff I presume that is to eradicate the spread of disease. In the first movie Morpheus says that the dead are fed intravenously to the living. I'm no biologist but I wouldn't have thought that a dead human body would have enough vital vitamins and minerals in it to sustain a living human. Surly without the sun various vital parts of the human diet would be extinct. Also I know that the sun produces various vitamins and also serotonin in the human body. I was just wondering if anybody much wiser than me could explain exactly what the Machines would have to do to keep their crops of humans alive, and how it is possible.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 05:02 PM
SiriusBlackRIP is currently offline Click here to Send SiriusBlackRIP a Private Message Find more posts by SiriusBlackRIP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

it's simple, really.

it's science fiction. we have no clue what they're doing.

it reminds me of a line from the theme song for Mystery Science Theater 3000: "if you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts, just repeat to yourself 'it's only a show,' you should really just relax."

smile

actually though, if someone really could figure that out (with the limited available info we have on those fields), it'd probably be an interesting read.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 05:09 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

mibbe they use Artificial light to grow foods to feed to the humans and then when they die use them as food

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 05:11 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SiriusBlackRIP

quote:
it's simple, really.

it's science fiction. we have no clue what they're doing.

it reminds me of a line from the theme song for Mystery Science Theater 3000: "if you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts, just repeat to yourself 'it's only a show,' you should really just relax."

I understand what you're saying but you could argue that point for 90% of the topics on this forum. Anything we don't understand just say its only a movie they've got poetic license don't worry about. With any other film that would be true but goddamn this movie is so indepth I honestly don't believe the Wach's would have based a large part of their story on some thing that couldn't happen. I'm just interested thats all just wondered if there was anybody who knows about this sort of thing.

'The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. There is a lot of denial in this ride, the ride, in fact, is made up of denial. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people. Ha ha "Shut him up." "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.' - the late prophet Bill Hicks.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 06:09 PM
SiriusBlackRIP is currently offline Click here to Send SiriusBlackRIP a Private Message Find more posts by SiriusBlackRIP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I am 100% certain the Wachowski's could explain any part of their movies in detail. Even the theoretical stuff smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:02 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo_dragon

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!! IT'S PEOPLE, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:59 AM
neo_dragon is currently offline Click here to Send neo_dragon a Private Message Find more posts by neo_dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

In the Animatrix, the machines studied every aspect of the human body and brain, they knew exactly everything we needed and obviously how to keep most us under control. I'm sure the machines do a good enough job of keeping the vitamins and minerals humans need to live. My only problem was when the machines started growing humans, how come everyone isn't the same, just clones of each other?

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 06:11 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

I think they tried to portray it as the cycle of life...ever so continuos!!! Perhaps they r stating the machines found what other elements of life do...use the left overs basically to extend their own survival...There are other organisms in life which do this....such as worms, and so on it continues thru other beings. Maybe the machines r skilled and wise enough to have obtained this information for their own benefit!!! They r talking about 200 ys into the future!!!!?????.......Could be!!!!! (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 09:30 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

sirius, smiley faces after a post usually mean i'm joking.

sifer: i don't doubt it, but as far as this case goes i am 100% sure they can't conclusively provide scientific detail for all of it. otherwise, that would mean THEY know how to make flying AI machines and nutrition-pumping body pods when no scientist on the earth does.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 04:49 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SiriusBlackRIP

nickjs21, Sorry didn't mean to get all offensive and shit and you are probably right. I mean they couldn't possibly know everything could they...? ... unless they know something we don't... (the penny drops) ...whoa the Matrix is real omg now I know they'll come after me!!!

LOL. Sorry

'The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. There is a lot of denial in this ride, the ride, in fact, is made up of denial. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people. Ha ha "Shut him up." "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.' - the late prophet Bill Hicks.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 02:10 PM
Labyrinth

like it was said in the pods we are living off off each other, human dont need a healthy diet to live just basic food and water and im sure anything that vitial that we need could be injected in us remeber were in pods with inch wide plugs in us, you dont thing a missing vitiaman or element could be just pumped in??

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 06:03 PM
Labyrinth is currently offline Click here to Send Labyrinth a Private Message Find more posts by Labyrinth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SiriusBlackRIP

Yeah that much is obvious, but how would the machines produce such vitamins and minerals? I mean there are no plants or animals cos the sky is black!!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 06:15 PM
Dexx
wingless

Surprisingly, the human species doesn't need a lot of substances to survive. I am sure the machines can provide those. Throught that tube in their mouth, remember?
we can produce ALL KINDS of vitamins even today...let alone the distant future.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 06:39 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SiriusBlackRIP

Is that true? Well that is very intersting.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 06:45 PM
Dexx
wingless

considering that inside the capsule, the body doesnt move..it's doesn't consume that much...there are some BASIC subtances that must be generated in order to keep one alive..that's about it. i bet that' liquiod dead' fluid is full of conservatory properties..

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 07:27 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

You also have to take the following into consideration.

1) When we sleep we hardly bur any calories at all. The body is at rest, breathing slow, heart-beat slow. It’s 55 cal pr hour only. That means every day a pod-human needs only 1320 a day. That’s just one double hamburger for you there. An 80 kg human contains 24 million joules (5,7 million calories). That is of course the E=mc^2 conversion, which I doubt even the machines are capable off. They liquefy the dead instead, but even then. One dead human could, in principle, feed quite a lot of others… (yack).
2) The machines also utilise a special form of fusion. That is “dream” energy, fuse two light atoms and get an enormous amount of energy from the process. So even if the machines were a little short of “food”, they could most likely produce the vitamins, and other nutrients.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 12:49 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

ooh, yes, good point...the eventual discovery of cold fusion would solve quite a lot.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 03:11 AM
SiriusBlackRIP

Yeah Morpheus says, "this combined with a form of fusion". But surly this would be more effective than keeping a shitload of humans alive after they tried to destroy you and all your machine buddies. Just a thought. Also cheers for sharing the info Omega very interesting.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 02:43 PM
Sifer

Indeed. Fusion is the next big step and there has already been a prototype (which is bigger than my house) and it works smile Will try and dig up the link.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 03:30 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

(Curtsies.) Your resident scientist at your disposal.

SiriusBlackRIP> I think the pod-humans serve two purposes for the machines. First of all Morpheus says “a kind of fusion”. So the machines may not have it running 100 %. Who knows how the oceans are doing in the year 2700(something)? You need hydrogen for fusion.
The machines have the pod-human facilities up and running. It’s a renewable energy-source. Renewable being the key-word here. It’s working.
Secondly the Machines have certain program running, to understand the human psyche, free will and emotions. It’s also a research-facility.

Sifer> Working fusion?!??!?! No, trust me. It’s at least 25 years away.
http://physicsweb.org/article/review/13/5/2/1

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 02:01 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote