KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo is causing the cataclysmic system crash of the Matrix

Neo is causing the cataclysmic system crash of the Matrix
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

Neo is causing the cataclysmic system crash of the Matrix

Okay, most esteemed ladies and gentlemen of this forum. I just watched the latest trailer for Revolutions, the one with the Oracles voice-over, where she seems to be telling Neo, that he’s the only one standing in the vira=Smiths way.

When Reloaded came out I grumbled around a little at the return of Smith. I thought he was a cool villain, but when producers and script-writers cook too much soup on a good concept, it tends to loose its taste (like the Boba Fett/clones, and C3PO-made-by-Anakin deal in Star Wars).

With the new trailer, however, something struck me. What was the very first thing Neo, in his role as The One, did? When he woke up after Smith shot him? Neo created a virus.
It’s already been discussed in this forum, that Smith may be this cataclysmic system crash, that’ll happen shortly, since the anomaly code hasn’t been disseminated in the Source. But what if the previous Ones started the exact same chain of events, that is, started a vira as soon as they realised their powers?

Suddenly Smiths return in Reloaded is more than just a “hey, the audience loved this villain, we have to use him again.” It’s “mankinds saviour is really also its doom”. The cataclysmic system crash that will kill everyone plugged in, was started by Neo at the end of M1.

This is just a theory, what do you think??

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 11:57 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Listen to the Smith Interrogation Scene (with Morpheus Captured) very carefully smile But for something even more cool, watch the scene where Smith captures Morpheus (in the bathroom of the run down building) and watch closely when the police come in to beat the shit out of him smile

Not to mention, listen to Smith and Morpheus in the bathroom scene mentioned above and what they say smile

You may not think it relevant, but it is, very smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:01 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Man Sifer you make these exciting times. Now I have to see it again, can you believe I dont own it? Ugh.

Are you on to something here? It better be interesting re-viewing these scenes.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:08 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Interesting, my jaw was on the ****in' floor when I rewatched the Matrix for the 1st time after seeing Reloaded. Not just on them scenes - all of them. I urge you to re-watch The Matrix, go buy it, and marvel in something amazing. (Yes, more amazing than when you first watched it big grin)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:11 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Oh, the reason I never point anything out directly is because I think it more enjoyable to learn for yourself. I would rather people put clues in their posts instead of blurting it out - I find it challenging and fun big grin

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:13 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sifer> Well, some of us (like me) don't have the time to sit down and re-watch the Matrix on a note.
Does your "discoveries" have anything to do with my original post in this thread?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:18 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

But you have time to come and visit these boards, read and reply?

It isn't much to watch a few scenes from one film is it?

But the thing is, you can't really be told what happens, you have to see it for yourself smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:24 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sure I have time to come here and talk to people.

I guess I'll just have to assume you think the scenes in question have some bearing, but you're not exactly sure what it is? shifty

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:28 AM
neo_dragon

actually this kinda obvious since neo "chose" not to fulfill the purpose of the one. ever had a computer crash on you? what do you need? the OS, without it, the computer's useless.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:56 AM
neo_dragon is currently offline Click here to Send neo_dragon a Private Message Find more posts by neo_dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

No, that is not the point. We all saw neo not choose the door to the Source, that is obvious.
I’m talking about who started the “cataclysmic system-crash”, which the Architect is talking about in Reloaded.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 01:07 AM
Sifer

No, I do know what is in the scene what they represent (in a few ways - there's probably more) - but the question is, do you? smile

"And who are you?"
"............"

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 01:37 AM
Verity

If Smith is just a virus, then Neo should be able to get rid of him quick!! Wasn't he supposed to be a skilled hacker that fullfilled the qualifications of "The One"?? And the bathroom scene.....what r u picking upon? That Morpheus says "u all look the same to me"??? Smith DOES refer to humans as a virus in his interrogation to Morpheus... According to u, what does that mean? I always thought he was just mocking humans and degrading us to the level of a biological virus....R u suggesting there's more??(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:46 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Verity> Smith is just a virus, but remember who created him. Neo did. It was Neos very first act as The One (after being resurrected by Trinity).
It’s just a bit of irony in the movies, that Smith as an agent accuses mankind of acting like a virus, and then becomes one himself.
The point I’m trying to make is this: Smith going virus wasn’t an accident. When the anomaly code is assimilated into a human, it starts a process which will irrevocably lead to the crash of the Matrix, unless the anomaly is returned to the Source.
The previous Ones would also have created a virus, but it was prevented from contaminating the entire system, because all previous Ones did indeed return to the Source. The Architect never tells us WHAT the cataclysmic system crash is. But after I watched the new Revolutions trailer, where the Oracle quite specifically tells Neo that he is the only one standing in Smiths way, I think it’s obvious that Smith will cause the crash.
But the Smith-virus was created by Neo.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 01:21 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I just worked something out. The Oracle said

"You've already made the choice now you need to understand why"

Now what if she wasn't talking about him saving Morpheus and therefore leading to him being stuck in the Matrix and becoming the One. What if she was talking about him choosing the door to the Matrix causing the catacalmismic system falure. He chose it when he killed Smith.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 08:11 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I just worked something out. The Oracle said

"You've already made the choice now you need to understand why"

Now what if she wasn't talking about him saving Morpheus and therefore leading to him being stuck in the Matrix and becoming the One. What if she was talking about him choosing the door to the Matrix causing the catacalmismic system falure. He chose it when he killed Smith.

what you just worked out is what i thought she meant in the first place confused

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 08:19 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

oh, I thought I'ld done really well at figuring that out. sad

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 08:21 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Another_Smithy

It sounds plausable, but don't forget that Smith is HUMAN (a virus as he put it is human).

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 09:23 PM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Spikespiegel> Oh, I’m positive that’s what the Oracle is referring to. She asks him what he sees, and Neo tells her he sees the door to the Source. And THEN he sees Trinity falling. By then the Oracle knows, that Neo will return to the matrix from the Source.
That is what makes the Oracle “a believer.” smile

Another_Smithy> Smith? Human? Why do you think that? He never said human=virus. He explains the working of a biological virus in M1, then tells Morpheus that there is another species that does THE same.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 12:26 AM
hodgie723
The One

Omega is right about one thing, Smith isn't human just becuase he is a virus. I do think that Morpheus saying "Fate, it seems, is not without a sence of irony," which he says in The Matrix 1, is demonstated through the whole movie of Reloaded, which more importantly dealing with Smith saying that the human race is like a virus and multiplies. I also think that by The Oracle saying that Neo has made a believer out of her doesn't just have to with Neo chosing the door that will lead him to the matrix and thereby saving Trinity, i think she also instills hope in Neo that he can do what he is meat to do. I think that uphelds the most importants. But, "Another_Smithy," i understand your point of view so you don't have to feel alone on what you said.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 01:55 AM
hodgie723 is currently offline Click here to Send hodgie723 a Private Message Find more posts by hodgie723 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevinbullock

Smith isn't a virus, he's a renegade program. He chose to become renegade rather than face deletion.

Neo is a program too, he is told as much. I think we're going to see in the third movie that everyone is still plugged into the next level of the Matrix. That is what I'm expecting.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 02:07 AM
kevinbullock is currently offline Click here to Send kevinbullock a Private Message Find more posts by kevinbullock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote