KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Morpheus

Morpheus
Started by: Sifer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sifer

Morpheus

Isn't Morpheus an interesting character? I think he is probably one of the most interesting out of all of them due to a few theories me and my friends have come up with in the last few weeks. Now, I have been watching and re-watching both films since Reloaded was released and have noticed so many things it would take me hours upon hours to put them all down. But Morpheus is one of the characters who sticks out!

I am NOT going to tell you what I am thinking, instead I am going to guide you smile You will be more appreciative if you work it out yourself. Also, I don't claim that any of this is true, but evidence thus far is supportive of it.

It begins:

Firstly, you must ask who Morpheus was in Greek Mythology? Not just his title, but what he did and what he was "best" at smile

Colours, also another interesting topic concerning Morpheus. What clothes does Morpheus wear? What Colours? What kind of jewellry does he wear (not necessarily flashy or obvious smile)?

Then we have his glasses - It's quite interesting that his are the only glasses in the film which constantly reflect what is happening around.

Then we have the way he speaks...

The things he say's (both in and out of the Matrix).

The things he does within the Matrix...

Here are just a few things to start you off...now go re-watch the films and see what you can come up with big grin

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:21 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Im interested, but is this stuff the kind of things the average matrix guy will pick up on, because, I dont anything about Morpheus in Greek Mythos.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:34 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

oy! (and again oy!) Why don't you just say it? I like to learn things for myself. but what would happen if Einstei said " I have this great new theory about reletivity, but you figure it out for yourself!"

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:34 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

I like that he's leaving hints. YOU kind of remind me of Morpheus.

BTW, Morph is my favorite character. To me he's the only one with a real part in the movie. Everyone else is just like pupets or reactors. Players. Morpheus has a part to play, only he is well more in the center of everything compared to anyone else. Though he can't fly he is the most interesting character to me.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:39 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 01:34 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Morpheus was the god of dreams in Greek mythology.

King Sleep was father of a thousand sons -
indeed a tribe - and of them all, the one
he chose was Morpheus, who had such skill
in miming any human form at will.
No other Dream can match his artistry
in counterfeiting men: their voice, their gait,
their face - their moods; and, too, he imitates
their dress precisely and the words they use
most frequently. But he mimes only men..."

Ovid therefore suggests that Morpheus only sends images of humans in dreams or visions, while his brothers Phobetor and Phantasos are in charge of depicting dream images of animals and inanimate objects. Together these three sons of Sleep - Morpheus, Phobetor, and Phantasos - rule the realm of dreams.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 02:02 AM
FLIPMODE

I also noticed morpheus wearing green in part 2, perhaps they're trying to say he's a chameleon.

But really I hope this is'nt all one big dream.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 02:03 AM
Sifer

He also wears green in the first film (as does someone else in a certain all white room).

Hrmmm but I wonder, who ELSE wears green....

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 02:06 AM
FLIPMODE

Your baking my noodle, and that's only because my real pc is broken and am unable to watch my preacious part one.

But I dono, im figurin, Smith was in Green, I pretty much remember Thomas wearing a White shirt which they pulled off in that room.

Dont Some agents wear Green? Im not Sure who ELSE off the Bat.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 02:13 AM
FLIPMODE

Please dont tell me your figuring Morpheus to be ...AAHH my brain just exploded. But tell me your not placing him on the bad side.

Well I did notice that him and Smith Talk the WEIRDEST in both movies, both have very distict prenunciation.

I also wondered why Morpheus jumped so hi in the Jump Program in part 1, and had more difficulty in the real matrix.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 02:20 AM
Sifer

The Agents' suits have a tint of Green as does Smiths in the first film. But in Reloaded, Smiths suit is Black.

There is someone else who wears green smile

Oh and on the Agents/Green thing try the "jewellry" thing as well - not just limiting it to the Agents smile

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 02:39 AM
Verity

So what r u trying to say here? That Morpheus is making Neo dream it all, and he is actually the master mind behind all of this?? Please explain urself bcuz I don't get it....it just doesn't make sense to me......I like it straight to the point and not vague!!!!(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:36 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

urgh..too many theories on who's behind it.. head.. explode.. NOW

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 06:11 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Nope, I am not saying Morpheus is making Neo dream it all. Not in the slightest smile

Why is it that only certain people wear Green?

Or why is it that only certain people wear (Don't read if you want to notice it for yourself)[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tie Pins

Keep going, the answers are coming.

Last edited by Sifer on Aug 25th, 2003 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 06:14 PM
audioheem

sifer.. you smell :-p lol, share what you think or KNOW

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 06:18 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ginerninja

Yeh come on buddy, please tell us.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 07:36 PM
Ginerninja is currently offline Click here to Send Ginerninja a Private Message Find more posts by Ginerninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Don Won

What if?

King Sleep(the Architect) was father of a thousand sons (humans in a sem-conciuos state ie sleep within the pods, locked within the matrix)
indeed a tribe - and of them all, the one
he chose was Morpheus, who had such skill
in miming any human form at will.
No other Dream can match his artistry
in counterfeiting men: their voice, their gait,
their face - their moods; and, too, he imitates
their dress precisely and the words they use
most frequently. But he mimes only men..."

So could this mean that Morpheous is the son of the Architect? What then would be the purpose of unlocking him first? And what exactly would these certain skills of his be needed for?

Does human emmotion produce a greater energy source? to fuel the matrix, perhaps? Sifer could Morpheous be controlling the dreams of the humans after all? to make the battery more efficient?

just a thought!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 07:48 PM
The Don Won is currently offline Click here to Send The Don Won a Private Message Find more posts by The Don Won Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

agents wear tie pins . . . that's about all i can think of right now, without going to watch my copy of the matrix.

did the oracle wear any green?

it would seem that you're putting us on a path that leads to morpheus being a program of some sort. but if that's what you're suggesting, how is that possible in the real world?

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 07:59 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

also, you mention that his glasses reflect what is happening . . . suggesting he's a watcher-type figure? like the architect?

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 08:00 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Nick: How is it possible for Smith to take over Banes body?

Trinity: Niobe used to be with Morpheus, now she's with Lock.
Neo: What happened?
Trinity: Morpheus went to see the Oracle, then everything changed.
Neo: Yeah, she can do that!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 08:04 PM