KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » hmm something thats never been addressed i dont think

hmm something thats never been addressed i dont think
Started by: icon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

Warning hmm something thats never been addressed i dont think

In M1 when neo touches that mirror as they're freeing him, he starts to get covered in a silvery liquid, and it engulfs him. Think about what smith does to people in M2... its the same except black. In the any of the matrix movies, you never see that liquidy shit come out on people as they're being freed. and the way it traveled over neo reminded me of how it was with smith. but the thing is, the crew of the neb sort of knew what the stuff was I think. It seems they did at least. But anywho, perhaps that was the code being inserted into neo to make him be the one, or what not. you know, having it copy onto him like smiths mojo juice turned banes brains (:smokinsmile into smith virus. what do ya think

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 05:44 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

hmmm......interesting and well put if i may say so laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 04:34 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I will say again:

Everything that has happened to Neo has happened to Smith (Vice Versa) EXCEPT For flying and copying smile

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 09:20 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Well spotted though.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 09:20 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sifer> Smith was never a programmer for a respectable computer company.
Smith was never freed from the Matrix by others.
Smith was never taken to the Oracle.
Smith never fell in love with Trinity.
Smith doesn’t dream of the future.
Etc, etc, etc.
What exactly has happened to Neo, that has also happened to Smith?

We haven’t seen other people being freed by a handful of rebels before. I think the mirror going liquid in M1 was a dramatic effect to show us (Neo), that we were about to enter the rabbit hole. The first solid hint at the world being un-real.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 12:27 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Don't try and be ****in funny!

Let me see:

Firstly Smith wants to get out. So does Neo.
Neo gets out. So does Smith.
Neo is rebellious against the system. So is Smith.
Neo is killed by Smith and Smith is killed by Neo.
When Neo is about to rescue Morpheus Smith shouts out No! Then later Neo does the exact same thing.
When Neo and Smith are fighting in the Subway they do the same diving move and run out of bullets at the same time AND end up in EXACTLY the same position.
They can both feel each other.
Smith inserts his hand into people's torso and replicates himself. Neo puts his hand inside Trinity and brings her back to life.
Everytime they have fought they have never beaten each other.

Want me to continue?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 01:57 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

That just shows that they are character foils, opposties, it doesn't show that they are exactly the same.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:08 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon

i see your point siefer... but you didnt answer the question. The question is why. What you said is... how should I put it... A means, it is not an end. What the f**k?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:10 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Re: hmm something thats never been addressed i dont think

quote:
Originally posted by icon
In M1 when neo touches that mirror as they're freeing him, he starts to get covered in a silvery liquid, and it engulfs him. Think about what smith does to people in M2... its the same except black. In the any of the matrix movies, you never see that liquidy shit come out on people as they're being freed. and the way it traveled over neo reminded me of how it was with smith. but the thing is, the crew of the neb sort of knew what the stuff was I think. It seems they did at least. But anywho, perhaps that was the code being inserted into neo to make him be the one, or what not. you know, having it copy onto him like smiths mojo juice turned banes brains (:smokinsmile into smith virus. what do ya think

no i don't think they are connected. In m1, that thing is design to awake the subject from the matrix by shocking him. That cold liquid is just a means of doing it.
in m2, the liquid in smith's multiplication is just a graphic way to show the progress of copying. ...my opinion

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:15 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I will also add a few more just for the sake of it.

Smith refuses to be deleted by choosing the Matrix instead of the Source. Neo does the same.
Bane(Smith) is unconscious in the Real World, so is Neo.
Smith is also trapped in the Matrix at the same time. So is Neo.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:39 AM
Sifer

But you did not ask for a why. So I did not give it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:40 AM
Sifer

Oh just to say also: The mirror effect was a hallucination and is the reason Trinity and Morp look at each other - cause they haven't got a clue what he is seeing.

I believe the Wachowski's say that it's a hallucination in this interview:

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.c...ryandychat.html

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 03:22 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sifer> “When Neo is about to rescue Morpheus Smith shouts out No! Then later Neo does the exact same thing.”
What? Neo shouts ”No”?? that prooves they’re ”The same”?? You know, I’m positive other people shouts “no” in the movies,
“Smith inserts his hand into people's torso and replicates himself. Neo puts his hand inside Trinity and brings her back to life.”
But Neo doesn’t go around DE-virusing anyone, as he should, if he was “the same”.
“Firstly Smith wants to get out. So does Neo.”
So does the Kid and the many others who the rebels have freed. Proves nothing.
“Neo is rebellious against the system. So is Smith.”
So are Morpheus, Trinity, Tank, Link, Niobe, Ghost, Lock etc.etc.etc. Proves nothing.
“Neo is killed by Smith and Smith is killed by Neo.”
So Neo is the only human Smith has killed???
“When Neo and Smith are fighting in the Subway they do the same diving move and run out of bullets at the same time AND end up in EXACTLY the same position.”
But the entire scene is not a mirror. You cannot simply pick and choose to fit your hypothesis.
“They can both feel each other.”
Then why does Smith enter the programmers corridor in EtM when Niobe walks in it, saying
“Damn. Not the person I was hoping for.”
“ Everytime they have fought they have never beaten each other.”
Aside from the time Smith killed Neo. And when Neo deleted Smith.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 11:53 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

watch the matrix revisited again

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:36 AM
theprophecy123 is currently offline Click here to Send theprophecy123 a Private Message Find more posts by theprophecy123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon

the matrix revisited? whats that?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:15 AM
Sifer

Omega: Ignorance for you it seems, is bliss.

You clearly haven't watched the films properly if you disagree.
The points you just tried to retort with are to put it bluntly, pathetic. Not a single point I brought up did you justify properly and instead come up with excuses such as:

Aside from the time Smith killed Neo. And when Neo deleted Smith.

Let me think. Did Neo stay dead - no he didn't - wow, now thats a revelation because guess what, neither did Smith. Again, mimicking each others actions. So shut up and think about it logically before you try and disect something you clearly have no understanding of.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:15 AM
Sifer

One person I recall shouts "No!" in the first movie (aside from Smith and Neo) Cypher, but that is quickly followed by:

I don't believe it.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:16 AM
Sifer

Oh and it's just one entire ****ing coincidence that anything major that happens to one of them also happens to the other. Bollocks! The Wachowski's don't do things by coincidence.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:17 AM
Sifer

I will add some more I think:

Smith: We're here to take from you what you tried to take from us. Purpose.

Then we have.

Smith: We want the same thing as you, we want everything.

I can put some more if you want to be persistant.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:30 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I will agree with Sifer, in that the W-ski Bros. do NOT do anything just as coincidence. Also, I agree that Neo and Smith are similar, Sifer, but that is only to amplify their differences, as Omega seems to be saying. And, just to say, Neo did not stay dead because of Trinity's love for him. Smith did not stay dead because he DIDN'T WANT TO. Big difference. Also, Neo didn't have the choice of choosing the source when he died, that is only PROGRAMS, not humans, and only programs that are obsolete, not dead.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:40 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote