KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » This far...

This far...
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

This far...

Okay, less than two month until the 5th of November. We’ve had almost four months to figure out what’s going on. Here are some of the questions and possible answers we’ve come up with this far. If I left out some possibilities, please add them.

How did Neo stop the Sentinels at the end of M2?
1) We know from EtM that Neo’s mind touched the Source and separated. His digital self is then running around in the Matrix, and he stops the Sentinels from there.
2) The real world is really another Matrix. Neo is THE One, and at the end of M2 realised the truth and stopped the machines. Just like he collapsed in M1 when realising the truth, he collapses at the end of M2 after realising the “extended” truth.
3) Neo is the One. Just as his digital self has powers in the digital world, being the REAL One means he has powers in the real world as well.

Who’s the child the Oracles mentions in the ETM discussion with Ghost?
1) It’s the child Hope from the Matrix comic Sifer supplied us with. A child that can shape-change in (what we think is) the real world.
2) The Matrix.
3) The original perfect Matrix.
4) The Kid.

Who’s the Merovingian?
1) The Oracle tells us he’s one of the oldest and most dangerous programs. He deals with information, and the Matrix is information technology. He’s an AI master programmer.
2) He’s a “fallen” program from the first perfect Matrix.
3) He’s one of Neo’s predecessors.

Who’s Persephone?
1) She’s the mother of the Matrix.
2) She’s the mother of the first perfect Matrix.
3) She’s an exile from the first perfect Matrix.
4) She’s some kind of program, that originally investigated human emotions, and now feeds on them like an emotional vampire.

Who’s “The Mother of the Matrix” which the Architect refers to as an intuitive program?
1) The Oracle
2) Persephone
3) We haven’t met “her” yet.

What’s the deal with “The Kid”?
1) He’s the real One
2) He’s just a rebel, who freed himself.

What’s the deal with Smith?
1) He was deleted but decided to stay in the Matrix, so he could kill Neo.
2) The Smith-virus was created by Neo, and is the cataclysmic system crash the Architect speaks of in M2. Smith wishes to destroy his “creator”.

Seraph. Why does he glow?
1) He’s a powerful exile from the first, perfect Matrix. A guardian Angel.
2) He’s a program written to investigate human spirituality.

What’s Seraph protecting (that which matters most).
1) The Oracle.
2) The Future.
3) Humanity.

Anything else? big grin

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 01:23 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Nope. You pretty much cover all the relevant questions on the table.

Well except one. Why did Marcus Chong have to be a greedy b*stard? I really wanted to see him as Tank! But NO they had to kill him off! sad

Oh well Link is much cooler anyway! big grin

*** Where's My Puss... Hey Kids!!! ***

I loved that line. wink

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 03:07 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

This should answer the question regarding Seraph:

Wo Ping’s choreography for the Teahouse Fight, in which Neo is put to the test by Seraph, the Oracle’s bodyguard, demanded a high level of martial mastery from Reeves. “Neo and Seraph are both connected to the Oracle on the same level,” Wo Ping explains, “and therefore their Kung Fu standard should be at the same level. But Collin Chou, who plays Seraph, is an Eastern actor who has been training in martial arts for many years. Compared to someone who’s been training for 10 years, Keanu is at an elementary level, and therefore I had to get the very best from him so that they were on the same level when they fought. Thanks once again to Keanu’s perseverance, we were able to achieve that balance.” - Taken straight from the Reloaded Production Notes.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 04:21 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Go take a read of the production notes. They answer a few questions:

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.c...ions_index.html

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 04:23 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

will do. wink

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 04:27 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

all this is makin me very excited! big grin

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 03:47 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

This quote from notes is quite interesting.

"But there exist powerful figures within the Matrix who refute the artifice of choice, evading the responsibility it brings as they feed on the emotional truths of others."

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 12:56 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote