KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Just fun with numbers...

Just fun with numbers...
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Just fun with numbers...

This is kind of weird, but...

If you take 6 (which is the number of Neo, he is anomaly 6), and you make that the base (as in base 2, base 6, base 10), and you convert 303 in Base 6 into base 10, it is 111, which is a "Trinity of Ones".

Also, 303 in base 4 is 051, which is first half of 051103, the date Revolutions comes out, but that is coincidence, right...? I can't figure out the 103 part, though i'm working on it...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 04:51 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

You will find 3 is one of the most prominent numbers in both the first and second movie. Even in the Animatrix smile

Lets take the scene where Morpheus is describing what they plan to do to get Neo to the Source in the Lafayette Room (at least that is what room it looks like).

"When I see 3 objectives, 3 captains, 3 ships, I do not see coincidence...."

When it comes to the part where Morpheus ... errr Smith .... says Purpose at the end of that sentence, it shows the old Zion and 3 Sentinals.

3+3+3 = 9

or

3x3x3 = 27

2+7 = 9 or 7-2 = 5 5x27=135 so 1+3+5 = 9

27 - 9 = 18
1+8 = 9

Well I guess you get the picture - It goes on forever...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 05:02 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

and who said maths is pointless
... not me! (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 05:27 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

lol laughing

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 05:28 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I hope you all saw the relevance of the number 27.

"We will need to take out the power to a whole city block to cut the power on a building like that"

"Not 1, 27"

That above tiny amount of math I just did is just for that scene. So errm, I really wouldn't like to do all 3 movies (3 again) - mainly because it would take too bloody long...LOL

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 06:30 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer

When it comes to the part where Morpheus ... errr Smith .... says Purpose at the end of that sentence, it shows the old Zion and 3 Sentinals.

HUH? Are you sure it's old Zion, where exactly on the screen is it? You have said this many of times and I haven't been able to find it on my BL version of Reloaded. Please tell Sifer.

Also, let's not forget there are always "3" Agents big grin

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 07:20 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Well it looks near identical to the top down shot of Zion near the beginning other than the fact that it's more broken down. It is at the part in Morpheus' speech where he says:

"I see providence, I see..." Smith's voice: "Purpose"

At that moment it shows 3 Sentinals and the old Zion behind them. I think you will agree if you see it smile

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 07:25 PM
VenomVA

Damn, you are right!!!! Thanks mate smile

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 07:36 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I'm not sure if i agree with you, and i'm not trying to be difficult. During this scene, there are, interspersed with the setup of the room with the Keymaker, clips that show the crews doing their jobs, but after the meeting is over. When i see the "Old Zion", as you put it, i'm not sure if it is meant to be an older version of Zion, or if it is a clip of the Sentinels, from the future, that foreshadows what is to come. Also, i don't think it is Smith that says Purpose, it sure sounds like Morpheus to me. It is possible that the pic is of a former Zion, but how do you explain how 24 humans are able to rebuild all that every 100 years? What happens to the Zion Mainframe? My only problem with that is the fact that they intersperse future events with the present events, so i don't think it is a clip from the present, but from the future.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 08:16 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I think it is this Zion, perhaps right before or sometime after the slaughter of the Zionites. It looks the same as when Morpheus says "goodnight, Zion".

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 08:28 PM
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

If you watch carefull, I think you will agree that it is not the old Zion when the machines attack. Right before (or after, i cant remember) Neo acts as if he sees something, much like when the Agents arrive at the beginning of the movie. Thats why it's like his dream, he forshadows it, as Jedi put it

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 09:16 PM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Errm that would not make the slightest bit of sense because those 3 Sentinals you see are the ones that destroy the Vigilant with Soren etc.

"They once used to be cities and old service tunnels"

Hrmm old cities eh? Sounds like it is more possible that it is an old Zion.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 09:22 PM
Sifer

Also, as I said it cant be the Zion we know in the 2nd movie because there are pipes built over the sides to cover any entrances and things look more damaged, rustic etc. But the bridges remain intact.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 09:24 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

you have no idea that those are the same three sentinels that destroy the Vigilant, and even if they are, that still doesn't mean that Zion is an old one. Besides, if the other "versions" of Zion are still there, don't you think SOMEBODY would have found at least one of them? And did you listen when i said there is a possiblity that it is foreshadowing of what is to come, by showing what is to come, albeit in a very short clip that most people don't pay attention to, unless they watch the movie a million times and stop every sec to look at the view. And just because It is said that the tunnels under the crust are remnants of old cities in no way means that those old cities are Zions, because i think the rebels are smart enough to realize if there is a city that look EXACTLY like Zion out in the world. No, it is not another Zion.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 10:34 PM
Sifer

No, I DON'T know whether it is the exact same three Sentinals but considering VERY shortly after it showing the 3, it shows another 3 destroying the Vigilant.

I also don't think they would have found one (an older Zion) due to the fact that they are always hiding and running from the Sentinals so their access to certain parts are gonna be restricted. Even if they did find it, would they click on to the fact that its an old Zion? I highly doubt it. Their beliefs are that they are the first to be freed from the Matrix.

But you say at the end "No, it is not another Zion"

Well thats just kind of hypocritical to what you put at the beginning of your sentence accusing me of not knowing if it is or isn't. From the evidence and from the superior quality of the version I have, it looks almost identical to the main shaft in Zion, ESPECIALLY the formation of the walkways/bridges.

As you say though, it IS foreshadowing what is to come, because we also, at that point did NOT know that there were 5 Zion's before the one we know now. Not too long after it is shown, it introduces the Architect who then gives us the information relevant to what was shown, what has been done and what is possibly going to happen.

Also, back to numbers, go take a read of the Plotinus thread and read the link. The first few paragraphs explain some of the meaning of some of the numbers used in the Matrix and Matrix:Reloaded.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 10:46 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I think that if they see a city that looks exactly like Zion, they're gonna know it is Zion, or at the least, they will alert the council, and the other ships, so it could be investigated. Also, what are the chances that 24 different people are gonna build Zion in EXACTLY the same way? We have 6 BILLION people on earth, and no two people create anything in exactly the same way. and i was not being hypocritical, because i didn't say, excuse me, ACCUSE you of not knowing if it is Zion or isnt. I didn't say anything like that.

Also, isn't this contradictory to what you are saying:
"From the evidence and from the superior quality of the version I have, it looks almost identical to the main shaft in Zion, ESPECIALLY the formation of the walkways/bridges."
It seems to me that if it matches EXACTLY, but is built by different people who don't know of each other, and aren't using the same blueprints, then it is the SAME THING.

And i have read the Plotinus thread, considering i am the one who brought it back, and it says nothing at all that could be used to substantiate your claim, unless you are using it solely to refer to for the numbers, which i do not doubt you, and i understand that the numbers are important, otherwise i wouldn't have started this thread. no expression

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:26 PM
Sifer

Nah, the reference to plotinus was not to back up my case. It was just to get back on topic. But the Zion thing - I don't actually think that the humans build Zion. Remember from The Animatrix how fast the Machines can build cities or buildings?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:33 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

But "the purpose of the one is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. then you will selct from the Matrix 23 individuals, 26 females, 7 males to REBUILD zion."
I know the machines can build cities amazingly fast, but i think the humans would realize something was up if they were watching a city be built by machines that they know nothing about, then watching those machines leave and learning that the machines want to kill them. Just makes sense to me...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:51 PM
Sifer

Yes but could he be referring to rebuilding in the sense of 'population'? 16 female and 7 male isn't alot of people to build something the size of Zion.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:55 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

“Goddamn you, Sifer” smile
Where? When is it Morpheus speaks of “providence”. I do remember he says so, but where? My Realoaded copy doesn’t like my constant playing, stopping, rewinding.
What scene is before that? And which one is after?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 12:30 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote