KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » How's Smith becoming more powerful?

How's Smith becoming more powerful?
Started by: Vim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vim
ILFTKYS

How's Smith becoming more powerful?

In the "Why is Smith bald?" thread, a very interesting topic come up and I thought it should be where everyone can see it! The question was "how was smith becoming more powerful?" Most of us know that he is essentially a virus, and in Reloaded even thought it appeared the hundreds of Smiths would be a bit much, Neo handled them pretty well. But in revolutions it seems Smith has become even more powerful. So here's what I think, Everytime smith takes over someone he becomes more powerful. So all the clones have to be destroyed first, then the original smith needs to be taken down, well, he will be pretty wimpy then, because all his power and clones will be gone, Because NEO IS GONNA KICK A$$!!!!!(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) <----neo (please log in to view the image) <---Smith

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 12:48 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

i think its strength in numbers wink

also the bane smith in the real world, should be easy

Last edited by furryman on Sep 13th, 2003 at 01:42 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 01:35 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I don't think it is strength in numbers. Smith is a virus, and as such, he may be constantly mutating his code, finding new combinations, more powerful combinations... Also, we see Neo fighting Smith with a million Smiths watching. Why doesn't neo just whip out a machine gun and gun em all down? because Neo only has to kill Smith1, the first Smith. I believe Neo will learn to copy himself, as Smith has, but it will restore the mind of the person smith has taken over, not destroy it. I believe this will be how Neo restore humanity, and overcomes the cataclysmic system crash.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 04:43 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

The One cannot be defeated - The One is infallible.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 04:44 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Sifer> If you are talking about the collective ONE, as in all the anomalies, then yes, they can be defeated, b/c they choose the wrong door. If you are talking about Neo, the TRUE ONE, then, no, he cannot be defeated. But i don't think he is infallible...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:00 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

by strength in numbers i mean how he was able to huddle neo in the burly brawl ('it is inevitable'.. whoosh..) 1 of smith is not gunna beat him - cus dare i say it their equal - but its harder to fight lots of him. although neo can fly, and so will smith smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:12 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Plotinus say's it himself big grin

I originally thought Plato's cave was a major underlying philosophical element until I read Plotinus. Plato's cave is definately still an underlying element, but I don't think it is as closely linked to the major underlying storyline as Plotinus is.

Maybe I should have said his Mind, Soul and Love is infallible smile As we know he isn't infallible within the real world.

But I was regarding Neo as the One, not his predecessors.

Also, about Plotinus' work:

Porphyry (Plotinus' student) divided the treatises of his master into six (Ones) books of nine (Animatrix) treatises each, sometimes arbitrarily dividing a longer work into several separate works (Movies, Comics, Animatrix) in order to fulfill his numerical plan.

Anything in () was added by me.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:39 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

The last part about Plotinus was just something I added and isn't really to back up anything in this debate smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:40 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

We can look at a book of philosophy, and chances are, more than 50% of the philosophys are in there, as well as elements from every major religion. PLUS elements of writers from Baudrillard to Shakespeare and beyond.

Sifer> Ok, i was just making sure, i knew you wouldn't say something like that just arbitrarily.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 06:03 PM
Korri

Re: How's Smith becoming more powerful?

quote:
Originally posted by Vim
Because NEO IS GONNA KICK A$$!!!!!(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) <----neo (please log in to view the image) <---Smith

nice insite big grin

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 04:43 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote