KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo: Man or Machine?

Neo: Man or Machine?
Started by: CandyKoRn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

Question Neo: Man or Machine?

Views etc...

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:04 PM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Man

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:17 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bjn74
THE BURNINATOR

Machine...and you CandyKorn??

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:23 PM
bjn74 is currently offline Click here to Send bjn74 a Private Message Find more posts by bjn74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Man...and machine. Neo was a man who died, and "transcended", gaining the code of the ONE, but changing it. He has the mind of a man, and the body of a man, but he is a program, a creation of the system, although he is changed, his "conciousness altered".

In christianty, it is believed by some (myself included) that Jesus was not God until he was baptized, until the Spirit descended upon him. At that point, Jesus was still a man, but he was God, also. In this way is Neo both Man, and Machine.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:26 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
Man...and machine. Neo was a man who died, and "transcended", gaining the code of the ONE, but changing it. He has the mind of a man, and the body of a man, but he is a program, a creation of the system, although he is changed, his "conciousness altered".

What he said

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:28 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Hmm, I revise my statement. Man and machine, the way that Jedi and Crash said. That explanation is more of what I thought, but I didn't think to write it all out > hence I only said man. Wow, that was lazy. Well anyhow, man and machine. And freakin cool!!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:54 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

*** Neo is Human. ***

The Architech even stated as much.

Here is his statement.

quote:
Architect: I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I have been waiting for you. You have many questions and although the process has altered your consciousness you remain irrevocably human, ergo some of my answers you will understand and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question maybe the most pertinent you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Neo: Why am I here?

Architect: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided it is not unexpected and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you inexcerably here.

I hope that helps.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 11:15 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

yea, just because he say's so, doesn't mean it's the truth.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 12:10 AM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

thats true, however, the Architect also refers to the code Neo "carries", and only machines carry code. Humans don't carry code, their mind processes are digitized when they jack in. Ergo, i believe that, although he is flesh and blood, Neo is also machine...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 01:02 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

We are all machines if you think about it.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 01:11 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Explain that, because im too tired to shoot it down at this moment.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 01:50 AM
neo_dragon

has anyone considered for a moment that maybe just maybe, to control the endless fields of human beings, the machines placded tracking devices in the peoples' bodies so that they would know when a battery has died? and maybe, just maybe, that they chose one to carry the source code just in case the matrix was corrupted by a virus (smith)? just a little food for thought.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 02:17 AM
neo_dragon is currently offline Click here to Send neo_dragon a Private Message Find more posts by neo_dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

But the first EMP blast, and every person in the radius would have a good dose of electricity, and/or an explosive blast go off in their body...try again...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 02:25 AM
Korri

hes a man (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 04:23 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

He's a man. Allegedly, he carries the "source code". This could be done in a number of ways, maybe in in a tracking device previously mentioned (although I doubt that), maybe by altering DNA structure, or by other biological materials into Neo.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 04:40 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 04:51 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

like transform a snacks only they are potato snacks erm

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 04:53 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

I like those. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 06:31 PM
joeboy
Da Licker

he is a program. Go to the resterant scene. Just after the woman has her orgasm, neo is told that why is what seperate us from them. He also makes good reference to the control issue.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 06:39 PM
joeboy is currently offline Click here to Send joeboy a Private Message Find more posts by joeboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yes, Mero says that, and right after that, Mero says "You, from me". That means that it is all the machines from the humans, and the Mero from Neo. Ergo, Neo=human.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 07:27 PM