KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The oracles "Snacks"

The oracles "Snacks"
Started by: icon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

The oracles "Snacks"

I was wondering what your theories are about the cookie she gives Neo in M1 and the candy in M2. Are they just symbolic or are they programs like the Meros "BJ" Cake

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:00 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cloaked

laughing out loud While it is possible they could have been some kinda "program enhancer" type refreshments, like an anti-virus or such. I think it was just plain old-fashioned cookies and candy.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:05 AM
Cloaked is currently offline Click here to Send Cloaked a Private Message Find more posts by Cloaked Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Well, apaprently there was more that they wanted to say in that scene. But they cut it out. I was going to explain it all a little more. The cookie Is supposed to be important. Or at least her offering the cookie is supposed to be. Well anyhoo, if someone knows of where you can get the original script before that cut was made that'd be great.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:10 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I think that the cookie is the truth, or more accurately, an internet "cookie". It is possible that it is a self-extracting executable, that executes when the user dies, ie Making Neo the One. And the candy is truth, as we can draw a parallel between the Oracles candy and Morpheus' pill...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:41 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

its an anti virus that enables neo to enter the weird hallways

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:47 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

i dont know im jus guessing

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:48 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicrat

Just to clarify, after watching the Oracle scene from Matrix Reloaded, Neo accepts the candy, however, he does not eat the candy. It is never shown to leave his hand. I think the importance of the candy, is when the oracle eats a piece.

It's colour and shape is like the Red Pill

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 05:41 AM
magicrat is currently offline Click here to Send magicrat a Private Message Find more posts by magicrat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickysan

the cookie and the sign that said "know thy self" had to do with being true to your self or being a good person like not being a gluton thats why the oracle says "have A cookie" not COOKIES. the candy had to do with choice she said "here" and neo said "do you already know if im gonna take it?" the candy had to do with choice he HAS to take the candy because she KNOWS he is... so how can he make a choice? well she explains that so i dont have to. any way hope that answers your questions.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 05:59 AM
nickysan is currently offline Click here to Send nickysan a Private Message Find more posts by nickysan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

quote:
Originally posted by stinkfist462
its an anti virus that enables neo to enter the weird hallways

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 11:56 AM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

quote:
Originally posted by nickysan
the cookie and the sign that said "know thy self" had to do with being true to your self or being a good person like not being a gluton thats why the oracle says "have A cookie" not COOKIES. the candy had to do with choice she said "here" and neo said "do you already know if im gonna take it?" the candy had to do with choice he HAS to take the candy because she KNOWS he is... so how can he make a choice? well she explains that so i dont have to. any way hope that answers your questions.

I don't buy into the movie's issue of choice.

Neo is offered candy. At that point, he has a choice. He can take it or not take it. Just because the Oracle or someone else knows what he is going to do, this does not take away his ability to choose. Neo still makes an independent decision.

If Neo was forced to take the candy (or not allowed) that would affect his ability to choose.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 02:32 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

"Choice is an illusion, betweeb those with power, and those without"

THe wachowskis have not led us astray for whimsy, when they do it is to reinforce an idea they are trying to get us to understand. It's like in Star Wars, when Obi-Wan tells Luke that Vader killed his father...It is the truth, but only a shade of the truth, and this is what the Wachowski bros do, they feed us shades of the truth. Therefore, when Mero says choice is an illusion, i believe him... Hence, Neo is told he already made the choice, but did he really, or is he just "Good at following directions"?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 03:23 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i think that the oracle is just a really nice programme

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 04:08 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

I think ... the damned cookies and candy have absolutely nothing to do with code or choice! It was just humor people! The movie is so serious at times, that if they didn't have a few lines of humor, it would be so dry you wouldn't want to watch them! Like when the oracle asks Neo, "Why don't you have a sit this time?"
"I think I'll stand."
"Suit yourself"
Neo sits, "I decided I wanted to sit."

"Candy?"

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 05:41 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

ya it is kinda funny

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 05:43 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Go have a read of this then Vim:

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.c...ryandychat.html

Just a cookie? or a piece of candy? I think not.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 06:12 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Llaughing out loudL

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 06:13 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Thank you, sifer, i had read that before, but i couldn't find it again...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 07:24 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

The cookie Neo receives in M1, I see as a sign to Morpheus. He looks very pleased when Neo exits with said cookie in his hand, as if all is now settled, despite Neo having just been told he’s waiting for his next life.
We don’t see Neo eating the read piece of candy. It may just be a tribute to the fans, making us think whether or not the Oracle is about to tell him “If you take the red piece of candy…”

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 11:57 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Just as the Merovingian stated, "Choice is an illusion between those with power and those without"...............there is no such thing as choice. This is because Neo is a program.........he cannot make a choice because his choices were already made when his program was written. The Oracle tells us as much in Reloaded while talking to Neo on the park bench.

The Oracle: "You are not here to make a choice.....the choice has already been made......you are now here to understand why the choice was made"

Neo cannot make a choice.........his choices have all already been made (upon his programming).......he is now walking the path to understand why these choices were made (programmed), in essence.......figuring out what the program was meant to do. Basically, the program was written before The Matrix begins. Both movies follow this program during it's execution..............in the next movie we will learn the purpose of this program, what result it was meant to achieve.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 04:10 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

if he is a program, then he doesn't question WHY he does it, for he was programmed to DO IT. Him questioning himself and his world, shows that he is "indeed only human"...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 04:17 AM