KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » ***Spoiler***

***Spoiler***
Started by: Matrixknower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Matrixknower

***Spoiler***

Neo gets blinded by an EMP shot.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 02:40 AM
Matrixknower is currently offline Click here to Send Matrixknower a Private Message Find more posts by Matrixknower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

where did you get this info, and why should we believe you? Most of us, if not all, hate it when people show up out of the blue, even if they have been here before, then give us "spoilers" that are probably untrue, just to make us listen to them and their ideas. We listen to people's ideas, even if they do not put ***spoiler*** as the thread name. We are more willing to listen to people if they say "This is my idea, and it may or may not be right, but this is what i think..." rather than if they say ***spoiler***...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 03:06 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

I thought Neo went blind after seeing the oracle getting out of the shower? blink

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 03:16 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!! The 'ORROR!!! The 'ORROR!!!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 04:39 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

You probably mean one of those lightning gun things. The emp blasts were something different. That's what they used to disable the sentinels. That gun thing was used for -- well I don't know what. But I don't think you mean the emp on the ship... or did you?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 07:31 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

In theory once an EMP blast is let loose it should disable humans as well, since our bodies use electrical impulses to function.

I know the amount of eletrical current flowing through the body is low, but it should still work.

My real question would be if the machines are so intelligent, why didn't they just build a defence against the EMP blasts?

Example they could use a textile like "Shieldron" (It is used to block EMP's in cell phones) to protect their vital components.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 01:51 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

its a movie, it was in the script for the humans to have SOMETHING to take out the machines before they were slaughtered

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 01:55 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

I know vim. It just seems that if it (The Matrix) were really real the machines would be pulling out all the stops if you know what I mean.

They would not let an EMP blast stop them. Look at it this way. What if the humans were able to make it to 01 and set off an EMP in the "Speak" Machine's face? That would not be a good thing...

Also in II Res 1 & 2 the Machines were able to withstand nuclear blasts and heat. I'm sure the humans would have found that (EMP) weakness during the great war.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 02:02 PM
rysdigital
the end has come

actually, i believe nuclear explosions create huge electromagnetic pulses by themselves.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 02:11 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Your right rysdigital.

Heres more info about EMP Blasts.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/l...rt/1984/ERD.htm

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 02:22 PM
Kes
Philie

Didnt you guys already discuss the whole blind thing? I mean isnt there a screne grab of him wearing a scarf (?) ?!Covering his eyes?! blink

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 03:08 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

I don't think it's true...

if it is, wait and see when the movie comes out.

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 03:11 PM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yeh. I stopped making theories stick out tongue I'll just wait.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 03:18 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Maybe the whole EMP thing is because the machines want humans to be able to fight back, to become "comfortable" in thier war that they dont start thinking something is wrong with the "real world"...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 03:53 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Oh, Matrixknower knows because he's "seen" Revolutions, and Matrix 2 and 5 and ... did I leave something out?
It's MasteroftheMatrix in disguise. So...

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:40 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

the matrix has you.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 08:22 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

LIAR! I'm freeeeee (fades out)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 11:11 PM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by -=Urot=-
I thought Neo went blind after seeing the oracle getting out of the shower? blink

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 04:24 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Maybe Neo wears the blindfold (though I'm probably wrong because there's dried blood around it) to be able to sense the machines and disable them w/o a visual distraction.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 12:47 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

I dont think he gets blinded

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 03:06 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote