KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » A Massive Supercomputer

A Massive Supercomputer
Started by: vizman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vizman

A Massive Supercomputer

Kinda new here. Whats the vote on the following. Unanimous?

People are hooked up to the matrix not so much for their ENERGY (shoot. They could harvest COWS do to the same thing)... as for their BRAIN power. Its a huge supercomputer and it is using our brains for a purpose.... what would that be?

My ramblings: It is trying to discover what makes us human. And in doing so, a revolt takes place within itself. Those that want our extrimination (Agent Smith), and those that realize we have something they can never manufacture or duplicate and choose to save us (the Oracle).

Can ya dig it?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 12:28 AM
vizman is currently offline Click here to Send vizman a Private Message Find more posts by vizman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

First off welcome to the boards Vizman.

Now about using the human mind as a network, it seems alittle far feched. If you look at II Res 1 & 2 we found out that the machines surpassed the humans as far as technology is concerned.

Why would they use their minds as a type of super computer?

The Matrix was created for two reasons.

1. To keep the humans enslaved.

2. So the Machines would have an endless supply of energy.

By the time the machines won the war they were already smarter than the humans. They only did experiments on them to find out what made them (Humans) tick.

Vizman you have a great idea, but I don't think the W. Bros are going in that direction.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 12:49 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LiQuiD

your theory would fit nicely with one of the spoilers posted here before, that said it was really the machines enslaved,and that humans had actually won the war. the machines would be enslaved and doing the humans' dirty work... but then again, i dont believe that theory itself smile

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 12:50 AM
LiQuiD is currently offline Click here to Send LiQuiD a Private Message Find more posts by LiQuiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i think it is possible, not only because our brains are more powerful than any computer imaginable, but that, we already know from 2nd Renaissance I & II that the machines are trying to make AI more powerful...Perhaps the machines are studying us so that they can figure out how to make THEMSELVES better...Also, i think that the reason for the agents in not termination, but to make sure that the humans do not grow complacent in their lives, and thier struggle. i think it is the humans that are enslaved, still but that Zion is a program outside Matrix, in order to understand both parts of the human psyche, not just the 99% that accepts, but also the 1% that disagree, that do not accept the Programmed reality of the Matrix, so that they can see fear and happiness, love and hatred, obeidience and disobeidience, acceptance and denial. How man fights, how he thinks, so that the machines can become more "real", more human. AS vizman said, they could use cows, evil creatures that they are, to have energy, they dont need humans. perhaps this whole thing is set up by humans, as an experiment, to see how we react to AI, to machines, to authority, in an attempt to understand OURSELVES better...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 01:35 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
i think it is possible, not only because our brains are more powerful than any computer imaginable, but that, we already know from 2nd Renaissance I & II that the machines are trying to make AI more powerful...

Maybe, I still think is a stretch.

As I said I don't think the W. Bros are going in that direction.

I guess we will find out in Nov.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 02:26 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vizman

Thanks for the welcome.
Interesting addtion, JediHDM. Trying to understand the 1%. Or simply containing them; a sort of FIREWALL, if you will - that rounds up the offending 'viruses' and ultimately eradicates in a sort of timed system cleanup (kinda like Norton Antivirus on my computer - scheduled to do a system cleanup once a week)

Another theory just for kicks: There is an URGENCY to Neo winning the day. At first I thought it was the Matrix getting close to learning the secrets of the human mind and therefore, not needing us anymore. In short, our extirmination is imminent - making Neo's success all the more urgent. But after seeing some of the 'pre-released' trailers, it appears that the Matrix MAY be aligning itself WITH Neo - against Agent Smith. The protecting program has become the Virus. And MOTHER - after THE KISS - (I think the babe in red is Mother) has determined that humans cannot be replaced. They must survive. I may be wrong. In that event, I'll just have to make MY OWN sequel! Heck. probably should just wait until the thing comes into theatres before going any further with this! fun though.

One more thought - maybe a little off theme here - how are we going to have a GOOD ending? I really mean 'happy' ending. A bunch of humans wake up from the matrix to realize they live in a *-hole? Sounds kinda depressing. That's another reason I like the MWAM theory. It gives W.Bro's an opportunity to give the ending a different, more upbeat final. (have to disagree with you, Urot) Maybe they wake up in a green field full of grazing cows? Who knows. One things for sure, the payoff must be huge. No need to repeat the mistake of MINORITY REPORT, where the ending turns out to be a single person's doing/undoing.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 02:31 AM
vizman is currently offline Click here to Send vizman a Private Message Find more posts by vizman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by vizman
(have to disagree with you, Urot) Maybe they wake up in a green field full of grazing cows? Who knows.

My god that would be a funny ending. We both know the W.Bros can do better than that. wink

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 03:14 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, cows are EVIL, no cows...

Also, this fits with my EVE theory, because EVE knows that humans and machines must be interdependant to survive. Perhaps the Oracle is torn between the information she is given by Archie, and her feelings, which are similar to EVE's.

vizman>I'm not so sure if there is going to be a HAPPY ending, knowing the Wachowski's and their work thus far, i would find it more appropriate for there to be an unhappy ending, that proves a point...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 04:16 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

agreed jedi. but what if Eve is the Oracle... think about what i mean

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 04:28 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

It is possible, but if the Oracle is eve, then she should know more than just the information she does. We know that the Oracle is or seems to be sincerely trying to help Neo and the humans, from ETM. I think Eve and the Oracle are similar in thinking, maybe the Oracle was created by EVE and the Architect, but ultimately, she doesn't know EVERYTHInG, otherwise i thinkshe would have told Neo. However, there is the possiblity that the Oracle didn't tell Neo, because "[he has] to make up [his] own damn mind", thus ensuring that he made the correct choice, and actually goes to the Source, rather than not going because he refuses to choose between Trinity and humanity. This open up interesting new thoughts, i must ponder this before i reply again...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 11:42 AM
Korri

Re: A Massive Supercomputer

quote:
Originally posted by vizman
Kinda new here

hi welcome smile

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 04:07 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vizman

So it appears we are split on the SUPERCOMPUTER theory. it only ADDS to the depth of the movie, in my opinion, and doesn't effect our theories too much either way. The fact is, man cannot be replaced by computers. That is the essence of the matrix - man CAN, or so it 'thinks'. But the Matrix's dirty little secret (me talking) is that it knows it falls short of the human brain, and is picking our brains to find out WHY. That is why I think Persephone is EVE. The KISS was her way of discovering the missing link (really going far out here) and/or passing something back to assist Neo.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 09:53 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Vizman> Welcome onboard smile

I think the machines use humans for a variety of reasons. After scorching the sky, plants died, animals died, leaving only to species left on Earth. Man and machine (hence no cows).
That is the MAIN reason why they use humans. The only avaiable, renewable energy soruce left after the war.

But the machines ALSO study us. In the beginning it was perhaps to understand why man could not co-exist with machine (although I’m one of those who’s not convince Secon Renaissance is the truth). And NOW to figure out a way to avoid the 1% dissidents.

The Merovingian and Persephone is in an article (supplied by our personal trafficer of information, Sifer), jaded old programs, a kind of emotional vampires, who have nothing left but the games they play.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 11:10 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I believe that 2nd Renaissance is truth, at least for the "real" world, but it was pre-planned, happening exactly as was required. And yes, i think the machines are "studying" the humans, but to really study the humans requires the machines to be above the humans, hence leading me (logically, to me at least) back to MWAM...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 11:25 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

So we’re back at whether or not Second Renaissance is the truth, or placed in the Zion database by the machines. HM!

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 11:43 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Omega> or, if you think MWAM, it is part of the program...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 01:42 AM
vizman

Thanks Omega.

Any good movie should have its suprises. Persephone is too intriguing a character not to have a larger role in this whole ordeal. And explain the Kiss? Just for horny teenagers? Well, if I have anything to do with it (which I don't), I would elevate that kiss to a new level of significance. And elevate her role as well. Still time to make some script changes, W.Bro!

But the real question is: who the h*ll killed all the cows!

That would make a funny skit. Show a billion cows hooked up to the matrix. Talk about the noise! MMMRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
The Milktrix. the possibilities. are endless.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 02:51 AM
vizman

I think I better stop while I'm a herd... *cough* ...ahead

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 02:53 AM
joeboy
Da Licker

i thought the same about using us for our brain, i never believed that batterie thing.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 03:06 AM
joeboy is currently offline Click here to Send joeboy a Private Message Find more posts by joeboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joeboy
Da Licker

use methane from the cows

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 03:29 AM
joeboy is currently offline Click here to Send joeboy a Private Message Find more posts by joeboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote