KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Why do the agents...

Why do the agents...
Started by: icon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

Why do the agents...

want to kill the keymaker. isnt he needed to keep the system from crashing

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 06:37 PM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

It's all apart of the illusion.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 06:56 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Do they really?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 06:57 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

the key maker is a program i thought yeah why?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 07:07 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

maybe they are appearing to try to kill him, and that will spurn the One and those helping on to go to the source. But Merovingian and his goons are really trying to kill him, because they could probably care less about the system or the humans!

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 07:14 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

No, i think the Mero is even a pawn, even though he thinks he is free, because everything happens for a reason, if it weren't for Mero, then we wouldn't have had the car chase, bolstering the resolve of the One (if i've come this far, i have to finish it). It is his job to keep the Keymaker, just as it Persephone's job to release him.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 07:29 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

interesting

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 07:45 PM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xemir

The keymaker was a rouge program marked for deletion so that he could not help the rebels use the back doors.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 11:06 PM
xemir is currently offline Click here to Send xemir a Private Message Find more posts by xemir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Merovingian: “I’ve survived your predecessors. I’ll survive you, too.” And also, he points out the previous Ones had better manners.
So: The Mero has met the previous Ones. Now, the only reason for them to DO so, would be part of the path of the One. The Mero may TRY to keep the One from entering the Source, resetting the Matrix and causing a lot of mess. But he’s tried. And failed. In the same manner the Keymaker is part of the path of the One. Sure, agents may try to kill him, to make it LOOK as if the rebels and the One are struggling against the system.
But it is all another system of control.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 11:14 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

His purpose was to get the ONE to the door, so that the prophecy can be continued. In the sense that all rogue programs have fulfilled their purpose, that is wrong, each program has a purpose after they go rogue, if they "choose" to stay, (and by choose i mean if the Matrix needs them to perform other functions). The purpose of the Keymaker is to continue the cycle, and he does this by getting the anomaly to the door. The fact that the Agents were after him shows that the Agents don't know everything about this or previous matrixes, because the purpose of the keymaker would be moot if the Agents were to take him out. ie, the agents are only there to make the job of the rebels harder, so that, not only are they fighting in the "real" world, they are also fighting to survive in the Matrix. the Purpose of the Agents is to make the rebels "comfortable" in thier pursuit, ensuring they do not have too much time to think, to ponder, to analyze. Just because we are "told" the Keymaker is a so-called rogue program, does not mean he is going to be killed before his purpose is complete. Which brings me back to my theory. I think that Zion is a matrix, because everyone has a purpose, and they must fulfill this purpose, according to plan. Which brings up the point of "what about free-will, choice?". Yes, what about them? They are moot, nonexistent. Everymove that is made has been planned out before hand, both in Zion and the Matrix, so much so, that, if Zion weren't a program, it is very much a coincidence that a rusty bolt happened to be on a ship involved in the destruction of electricity, and that said rusty-bolt happened to break the moment needed to force Trinity to enter the Matrix, causing Neo to choose her, over humanity. It has ALL been planned out before, making me wonder how many layers there are. 3, 4, 5? infinite number? How far DOES the rabbit-hole go? Hmmmm...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 11:23 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

JediHDM> But it’s always easy, in hindsight, and especially in a movie, to say someone has a preordained purpose. It’s like saying, since I hurt my foot on that accursed coffee-table, I was supposed to hit my foot on that pesky piece of furniture.

Programs have a purpose. Even Neo does, but only in his rôle as the One, because the One is integral to the system of control.
Everyone IN every movie made has a purpose. A movie tells a story, and a story has a point. It’s hard to get there, if the villain doesn’t make his villainous deeds, or the hero doesn’t save the day.
So I do not think you can argue FOR the MWtM because the characters in the Matrix movie act as they do.
If that was really the case, then the war SHOULD be over.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 11:49 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I'm not saying that movies are not made without a purpose, but im saying that, in the Matrix, that characters are shown to have SIGNIFICANTLY COINCIDENTAL events happen, that seem to point to a purpose higher than the Matrix, higher than ZION even, but not because it helps the movie along, although it does...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 01:47 AM
Korri

do Agents have a sweet tooth? huh

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 04:27 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Smith does...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 04:51 PM
Korri

ya Cookie Monsta (smith shvels a handful of cookies in his mouth)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 05:00 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icansee
Furious Angel 2

Korri just for you more Neo pictures.
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 07:23 AM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

more? ohhh more more! love

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 03:07 PM
Obba

Where do I go to see the Revolutions Trailers? Yoda, (JEdiHOM(sp)) please don't get too mad. I am a newb!! ANyway, I would also like to point out that Neo did choose the door to end the World. SO if Zion falls it's Neo's fault smokin'

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 05:11 AM
Obba is currently offline Click here to Send Obba a Private Message Find more posts by Obba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

Jedi, how let down are you going to feel when its not MWAM?? I think that scenario is way too obvious. Everyone (myself included) thought MWAM when leaving the theatre first time around EVEN without fully understanding what happened. The opponents of MWAM in this site have really convinced me.... and I believe the only hole is the explantion for Neo having electric powers in the "real world". One simple explanation not yet known will make it all sensible.

And about the rusty bolt coincedence, youd have to believe that NEO would have STILL had to choose for Trinity because the other choice was the rebuilding of Zion with 26 individuals FROM THE MATRIX, which tells me Trinity would have been killed anyway. He still wouldve chosen to go back to the Matrix AND Trinity.

Last edited by ITALIAN926 on Nov 4th, 2003 at 08:10 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 08:02 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Jedi

Alas, I fear that you will be very disappointed tomorrow. sad You are going to learn that causality is not the norm, MWAM does not exist, and that the System, as much of a control as it is, may very well be fighting with itself to eliminate the anomaly before it reaches the Architect. It's never been stated in the matrix that Neo's death would result in a cataclysmic system failure - it's only been assumed.

Assumption is the mother of all mistakes. (I'm not saying Neo's death would effect it either way, but I suspect that it may not. The agents are just a part of the equation trying to balance itself out!)

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 08:26 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote