KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » looky what ive stumbled upon...

looky what ive stumbled upon...
Started by: .:Space Opera:.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

looky what ive stumbled upon...

www.metacortechs.com

can anybody say: ARGN

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 07:33 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i stumbled upon this while searching google

This could be an alternate reality game, like the one on AI, tell me what ya think

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 07:35 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I just realized something...if you take the name, Metacortechs, and break it up, it sounds like Meta + corp + techs, which means outer body technology, or something like that...Sounds familiar, eh?

I have an idea...I think we should create our own co., call it something like New Gaming, KMC INc, and e-mail them asking for information concerning the MetaVR...It sounds curiously similar to the technology of the Matrix, except sending the sensations via your own sensory organs, rather than direct to brain connection. I have started like this...

Concerning: MetaGamex
I am writing on behalf of my employer, Mobil Avenue, inc., concerning the newest gaming console and the proposed peripheral, the Metagamex and the MetaVR. We are very excited about this new technology, and would be interested in taking a look at the technical aspects of your technology, and the ramifications such a console would have on the gaming industry, as well as the industrial community as a whole. Please respond concerning our requests, and we hope you the greatest of luck in your quest.
Sincerely,
Michael Popper
Interim Investment Analyst

Of course, we should come up with a better name, but... Sounds good, huh. I will explain why i think it isnt real later...got class...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 08:21 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Ok, now for the reasons that i think MetaCortex, or Metacortechs, for that matter, are not a real company:

1) Look up the address in a directory or map site(such as Yahoo!) and the address will not show up, the Zip code will not show up, and Redland, Wa does not exist.
2) The countdown is counting down until 12 am on October 1, 2003 aON THE EAST COAST, while the given address is along the WEST COAST.
3) Who gives a definite date that their system will be up again? I can think of no logical, plausible reason for a company to put in stone the date and time thier site will be up, because it could be finished before then, or it may take longer, if it really a company.
4) If a company is Inc., it means they are listed in stock, and their stock can be bought, however, i can find no such company listed in Nasdaq, Dow, NYSE, etc.
5) The phone number for Dave Regenhardt works, however, neither it, nor the other given phone number are listed.
6) Using a BNC connector for a popup that says "Wire in" reminds me remarkably of jacking in with the brain needles...
7) I have never heard of Steven Walsh, nor his company, and i think i should of heard of a MetaVR or a MetaGamex, since i try to pay attention to video gaming news...
8) The letters on the letterhead are EXACTLY the same, including the space between the two halves of the X, as the letters on the side of the building.
9) based on the few pics there are in M1 of the building, i think that it is the same building, but rotated, where the part we see, that says "METACORTEX" is around the right of the Pic in the website, which is a CAD drawing, based on the rough edges and the general graniness of the pic.
10) The website says it is trading based on the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, section 37a...there IS NO section 37 in the SEA of 1934...

I could go on, i think, but i think that is sufficient cause to think this is a fake co., created by Wachowski Bros., as another way to recieve Matrix info, or what ever else...Besides, anyone else think it weird that they use GREEN as the color for the letters on their site, with the changing number white, and the background black? I saw this site a while ago, but i forgot about it, as i wasn't as avid a fan as i am now...Lets just wait and see on Oct 1 what it is...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Last edited by JediHDM on Sep 24th, 2003 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 11:24 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

site's being constructed on. inform us what it is plz

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 11:26 PM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

METACORTEX is the name of the software company Thomas A. Anderson worked for. We are speculatin what the site is for, because we dont know WHAT the prupose is...We think the site is from WB, but it is very elaborate...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 11:34 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

These people are so sneaky...i cant believe they would list a non-existant law as basis for thier trading practices (see above, part 10). Its like, lying, but on the Internet, making it true, right? Time for the Banana King, its celebratin' time...

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 12:04 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

what do y'all think?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 02:03 AM
Sifer

Noticed this a while back and have been patiently waiting smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 02:21 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
j0nza
66726565206D696E642E

my guess? thats going to be a part of the matrix online video game.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 04:47 AM
j0nza is currently offline Click here to Send j0nza a Private Message Find more posts by j0nza Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

interesting...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 04:54 AM
SimplePriest

What's the deal with this online video game? I haven't heard anything other than it's going to exist. What is it going to be like? And when will it come out?

man I'm such a poor fan for not knowing sad

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 10:48 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 12:13 PM
icansee
Furious Angel 2

Help how do I post a picture?

Last edited by icansee on Sep 24th, 2003 at 01:19 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 01:09 PM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
herbie
Animal Crackers!!!

Man i just looked at matrixonline, sounds wicked! I really cant wait, there goes my social life again!
Could metacortechs be something to do with the next film coming out, maybe in line with ETM? Lots of people think there will be more codes and stuff for ETM. I dunno, just a thought!
(BTW SimplePriest good quote, great poet)

as one of few words, you take the ones i have.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 01:33 PM
herbie is currently offline Click here to Send herbie a Private Message Find more posts by herbie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

Clearly a fake site.
After reading about the game, my guess is that it is similar to the websites that existed in Grand Theft Auto and other games. The sites are more decorative than anything else, and work to build the atmosphere of the game.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 02:00 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

It is a fake site, we know that much ( i posted ten reasons why up there) but WHY is the question. It must be important, to go to the trouble of setting it up like that...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 02:21 PM
tshirt

Not that important. Grand Theft Auto and other games have created fake websites. In GTA there are various advertisers on the "radio" and companies in the game. The game producers created real websites for the fake companies:

h t t p://www.pogothemonkey.c..
h t t p://www.petsovernight.c..
lovemedia.tv

My guess is they are something similar. The websites states that you don't have to leave the game enviroment. The sites might work like the animatrix. They may provide you with some information, but are not required to experience the game.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 02:45 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

"There is no Website"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 07:12 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

"There is no website?"

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 07:27 PM