KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Star Wars or Terminator?

Is The MAtrix closer to Star Wars or Terminator?
This poll is closed.
Terminator - war againt the machines 14 87.50%
Star Wars - "The One" with special powers 2 12.50%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Star Wars or Terminator?
Started by: Ob1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ob1
Beliver in The One

Question Star Wars or Terminator?

Is the Matrix closest to Star Wars or Terminator?

In Star Wars we also have "The One" (Anakin Skywalker) with special abilities and a prophecy that he will "bring balance". (The Jedi thinks it means he will defeat the Dark side once and for all.)

In Terminator we also have the same story of machines with artificial Intelligence, waging war against the human race. Another dark and clouded future where it's cold and dirty and humans fight desperately for survival.

So please vote guys and girls. Are The Matrix closer to Star Wars (Neo, and all about The One) or closer to Terminator? (war against the machines)

"A triumph equalled only by it's monumental failure"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 06:25 AM
Ob1 is currently offline Click here to Send Ob1 a Private Message Find more posts by Ob1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

It's closer to Lain.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 06:32 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ob1
Beliver in The One

Lain??? confused

"A triumph equalled only by it's monumental failure"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 08:16 AM
Ob1 is currently offline Click here to Send Ob1 a Private Message Find more posts by Ob1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

It's closer to more programs, cartoons, books, historic events/places/time than you and we will ever know. See that room the Architect is sitting in, well watch Transformers: The Movie and wait till it shows a shot of the interior of Unicron.

Coincidence? Nah....

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 10:01 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icansee
Furious Angel 2

I think the films you mentioned have their own merits, Matrix just standard apart in so many ways.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 12:27 PM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dryden
Certified Goat Getter!

yeah you can tell the directors grew up in the same era as myself...watching HeMan, Tranformers, M.A.S.K., GI Joe, Silverhawks, Starcom, Heathcliff, Looney Tunes, Super Friends, Justice League, Space Ghost, lol

I love all this stuff.

Yeah once you mentioned something about unicron it hit me...its a lot like that.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 03:12 PM
Dryden is currently offline Click here to Send Dryden a Private Message Find more posts by Dryden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
It's closer to more programs, cartoons, books, historic events/places/time than you and we will ever know. See that room the Architect is sitting in, well watch Transformers: The Movie and wait till it shows a shot of the interior of Unicron.

Coincidence? Nah....

I've really got to rent that movie

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 03:32 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dryden
Certified Goat Getter!

its corny and has a horrible but very memorable soundtrack.. otherwise if you're a Transformer fan you'll like it.

especially the part (I wont give it away) when Starscream becomes the leader of the decepticons and confronts Megatron.

Last edited by Dryden on Sep 30th, 2003 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 03:42 PM
Dryden is currently offline Click here to Send Dryden a Private Message Find more posts by Dryden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

id say Termenator

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 04:04 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Id say, both...because it is the one, fighting machines...it is not closer, it is the same...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 04:26 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

hmmm ya have a point

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 04:27 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

ya, with star wars, by episode 4, luke is more like the one, and in Matrix you know only One one, except when the architects says that there has been five more other Ones, but yeah its more like terminator and fighting machines

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 04:41 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Has anyone here seen Lain? It's this japanese cyberpunk miniseries. You all should check it out if you get a chance. The WB's said that it was one of their influences for THE MATRIX. And with that I must go now.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 04:46 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

well maybe m1 is star wars and m3 terminator, m2 a mix of both

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 04:47 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I've really got to rent that movie

SpikeSpiegel>Yes you must rent that Movie.

quote:
Originally posted by Dryden
its corny and has a horrible but very memorable soundtrack.. otherwise if you're a Transformer fan you'll like it.

especially the part (I wont give it away) when Starscream becomes the leader of the decepticons and confronts Megatron.

Dryden> That was one of my fav parts. The other was when Megatron meet Unicron. evil face

(please log in to view the image)
"Autobots, transform and roll out!"

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Last edited by -=Urot=- on Sep 30th, 2003 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 08:05 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer

Coincidence? Nah....

Sifer heres the comparision between the Arc's room and Unicron's command center.

Unicron's Command Center.

The Arc's Room.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Last edited by -=Urot=- on Sep 30th, 2003 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 08:34 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i just thought of something, the story in the terminator is machines taking over earth.... but what is the story of the matrix..... machines taking over the earth! that would be cool if they tied the two movies together, it could work!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 09:01 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

except for the fact the humans win in the end...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 09:14 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Chosen one! The One! Jedi mind tricks! Superpowers! Star Wars!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 09:45 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Urot: Similar is it not smile

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 01:10 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote