KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » morpheus DIES?

morpheus DIES?
Started by: .:Space Opera:.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

Barf morpheus DIES?

so i think he dies in REV, because the reviewers said that some main character dies in the middle of the movie, its probably him, but then again im just guessing sad

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 09:03 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Plasma
Irrevocably Human

not convinced, it would be obvious that the orcale will suffer a fate in this film, but i think that killing one of the three main MAIN characters is a bit under th wachowskis, unless it is done in a very specific way, that it is not done just to shock!

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I've realized that you are not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment. But you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague.
And we are... the cure.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 09:07 PM
Plasma is currently offline Click here to Send Plasma a Private Message Find more posts by Plasma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i think i could see him dying, maybe niobes little boyfriend? shifty

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 09:08 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
droopy1592
I got a lemon on my head!

Well, if the trilogy is about birth (becoming NEO) life (walking the path) and death (doing what he is meant to do) then it must be NEO that dies in some way or another.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 09:13 PM
droopy1592 is currently offline Click here to Send droopy1592 a Private Message Find more posts by droopy1592 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icansee
Furious Angel 2

M does not die he said it himself.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 09:31 PM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

quote:
Originally posted by droopy1592
Well, if the trilogy is about birth (becoming NEO) life (walking the path) and death (doing what he is meant to do) then it must be NEO that dies in some way or another.

Keanu said in an interview a while back that the third movie could be called the Matrix Resurrection. I think one of the main characters will die but maybe they come back to life like in the previous two movies. That would suck though. I mean, how many people can die and be brought back to life. I don't think Neo will die, like somebody said a while back that would be too cliche.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 09:50 PM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

neo has already been resurected, now he has to ascend up to heaven...
~(starting to understand the mind of sifer)~

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 09:58 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smithofe3

I think Seraph will die.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 10:01 PM
Smithofe3 is currently offline Click here to Send Smithofe3 a Private Message Find more posts by Smithofe3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

quote:
Originally posted by Smithofe3
I think Seraph will die.

I hope so! He nearly ruined reloaded with the worst line in movie history''You do not truly know someone until you fight them'' I had to laugh at how stupid that line was when i saw it in theaters.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 10:06 PM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

seraphs purpose is to protect that which matters most, which is the future not the oracle.. being why he goes with trin and morph rather then staying with the oracle.. i believe he will die saving them similar to the key maker dying to help neo and morph.. but seraph will kick plenty of ass before he does

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 10:23 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

In Reloaded it says "The Path of THE ONE ends at the source" Only THE ONE will die, not Neo, just THE ONE.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 11:00 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

So maybe Niobe's belief that, Neo is not the one is true to you? Perhaps it's just the prophecy that was misinterpreted...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 11:59 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

quote:
Originally posted by Crash_Overload
In Reloaded it says "The Path of THE ONE ends at the source" Only THE ONE will die, not Neo, just THE ONE.

Neo is the ONE. The architect and the oracle told him so. The oracle also told Trinity that she would fall in love with the ONE. So if NEO is not the ONE is trinity going to ditch him and fall in love with the new ONE?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:07 AM
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by husky321
Neo is the ONE. The architect and the oracle told him so. The oracle also told Trinity that she would fall in love with the ONE. So if NEO is not the ONE is trinity going to ditch him and fall in love with the new ONE?

I agree...Niobe believes in Neo...not the "one" because she doesn't see the prophecy as being as accurate as it was believed to be by Morpheus. But Neo definitely has saviour qualities in him that pertain to a "one"!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:10 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

ontopic, who cares about morpheus, we want the superbrawl stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:13 AM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i care about morpheus, but i am easily pacified...just show me the entire superbrawl NOW, and i will go quietly into the night...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:44 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

It’s possible that some main-characters may die. We just need a good definition of “main.”
Neo and Trinity already died, so in a sense they’re “Immune.” Morpheus? No, he has to get back with Niobe (In that regard Sifer is correct, love saves and protects).

But we have Ghost, Hamann, Lock, The Kid, to mention a few.
But main-characters are also: Merovingian, Persephone, Twins, and…. Smith.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:48 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

wait, we have a trinity of characters, and two of the three have died and been brought back to life...perhaps Morph dies and is also brought back to life, and he have our "Trinity", which ascend...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:00 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

that would be cool.. but it is almost over doing it.. it would be ruin death if so many peple come back it takes the hole scaryness out of it like oh shit they might die.. instead ull be liek oh shit they might need reviving

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:02 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

but if its not real...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 03:57 AM