KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Aaaarrgghh! I can't stand the confustion in my mind!!!

Aaaarrgghh! I can't stand the confustion in my mind!!!
Started by: Noola

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Aaaarrgghh! I can't stand the confustion in my mind!!!

Okey dokey people,

We all now know {with a high degree of certainty} that Neo is the one. This means that he now fully understands that the matrix is not real, and consequently can fly, dodge bullets, come back to life etc.

So why in the name of my rapidly increasing blood pressure does he bleed when one of mero's guards cuts him? Doesn't he know that the blade doesn't even exist?

Please forgive me if this topic has already been discussed - after all, I'm a newbie! stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 10:06 PM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Noola> Please refer to the FDT in the future, to avoid opening a thread on the same topic which has been discussed endlessly before.

Here goes: In M1 Morpheus tells us, that if we die in the Matrix, we die in the real world. Even if you understand, that the Matrix “isn’t real” the mind makes it real, believes that it is real.
While Neo has not only transcended the virtual world, but is also able to cause it to fluctuate, he still “only human.”
Hamann says so, The Mero and the Architect. Even with his “altered consciousness” there are limits to Neos ability to see past the illusion.
He DID stop the sword. I’d have had my hand cut off. But it looked like a sword, and felt like a sword, and Neo just wasn’t quite able to believe it wasn’t real.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 10:13 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
raynor
It is of no importance!

says respectfully"yep"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 10:15 PM
raynor is currently offline Click here to Send raynor a Private Message Find more posts by raynor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markb287

That is hard to explain. I mean if Smith(s) could hit Neo and he could be thrown by the Agent (he is thrown to the pole and swings to kick the Agent), then why can't he be cut by the sword. Think of everybody's abilities (including the Agents and Neo) like this: In the Matrix, everybody who is not an Agent or the One (people like Morpheus and Trinity) has abilities in the parameters of the Matrix. Their powers or abilities are more than human because they realize that it is not a real world, but they cannot surpass the Matrix's rules. The Agents' powers are at the top, maximum abilities that the Matrix can do. This is why Morpheus or Trinity can never defeat an Agent (their powers cannot go to the top limit of the Matrix.) And Neo's (or the One's) power surpasses the Matrix's limits because they can do anything to the Matrix. However, Neo is still only human.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 01:47 AM
markb287 is currently offline Click here to Send markb287 a Private Message Find more posts by markb287 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

u cant stand the confusion in your head? just be thankfull ur not me then blink

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 11:42 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

L laughing out loud L

Fear not, however! For although I may be gone, my memory lives on through my second profile, "Ahnold", the great governor of califohrnia!

In truth, I was not as tough as "Ahnold", and not as cool as "Gus" {profile no. 3}; but dammit, I can at least be proud that I had the weirdest name of all three...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 04:59 PM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

thats my trademark laff sad

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 05:00 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

He's fighting a fight against 5 people (it's five right?) and I always thought that although he is the One, we know he has limited abilities (as Omega said) and thus he can have a lapse in concentration when fighting that many people. That's why he tried to stop the sword as he may have just read it as an object coming towards him... not read it was a sharp sword. Then when it hit him.. he suddenly realise so it stopped there.. but it still hit him while he concentration was lapsed. *breathes* Thoughts?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 05:02 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry korri! I'll choose another

Erm, maybe later

Fear not, however! For although I may be gone, my memory lives on through my second profile, "Ahnold", the great governor of califohrnia!

In truth, I was not as tough as "Ahnold", and not as cool as "Gus" {profile no. 3}; but dammit, I can at least be proud that I had the weirdest name of all three...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 05:49 PM
Korri

k

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 05:50 PM
forumcrew

and dont try stealing my trademark catch phrase either

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 05:53 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

lol i wont

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 05:56 PM
forumcrew

i was talkin to noola cause thye took ur laugh!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 05:57 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

ya no more stealin

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 05:59 PM
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay I'm sorry! I won't steal anything I promise!

After all, I have to set a lesson to the kiddies who must never forget to just say no to spoilers

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 07:09 PM
priestjim
Grovda

He lost much more easily his concentration that when he was fighting the Smiddys.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 07:22 PM
priestjim is currently offline Click here to Send priestjim a Private Message Find more posts by priestjim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

yay u say Smiddy too

Old Post Oct 24th, 2003 11:29 AM
lotrfreek

At the end of the second film Neo uses his powers outside of the Matrix so what if Zion is the Matrix and the place that they think is Matrix isn't the Matrix but there is a different Matrix all together??
lotrfreek
Ps hope i haven't confused ya all
confused rolling on floor laughing eek!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 01:23 PM
lotrfreek is currently offline Click here to Send lotrfreek a Private Message Find more posts by lotrfreek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

uh oh....

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 01:27 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

uh oh....... now i can't stand the confussion........ can YOU?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 01:29 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote