KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Enter The Matrix Question

Enter The Matrix Question
Started by: Noola

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Enter The Matrix Question

Okey dokey people,

In ETM the keymaker tells Niobe and Ghost that it is imperative that they recover the all important key {that Neo used at the end of Reloaded to open the door to the source} that was stolen by Cain and Abel. When Ghost mentions making another one, the keymaker dismisses the idea.

Now, in the chateau level whether you play as niobe or ghost you never recover the key. I can understand that maybe this was "fate" as if they had got it and given it to Neo he would have opened the door to the source causing that building to explode. But how the heck did the keymaker come up with another key if it could not be made again?

Yours hopefully

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 12:14 PM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

errrr... why do u think it couldn't be made again? many believe this is why the keymaker is still hard @ work when neo gets to him. he seems to have just finished making another key.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 12:31 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

THAT's the weird thing! You see him make another one, but in ETM there was a conversation as follows:

Ghost: Can't you make another one?
Keymaker: Once it is used it cannot be used again!

Maybe I've interpreted this wrong, I dunno. But if he COULD make another one, why did he ask ghost and niobe to get it at the risk of their lives? {side note - why DIDN't Niobe and ghost try to get it?} If it's because he worried the mero would use it, why DIDN't the mero use it?

Yours Hopefully

Fear not, however! For although I may be gone, my memory lives on through my second profile, "Ahnold", the great governor of califohrnia!

In truth, I was not as tough as "Ahnold", and not as cool as "Gus" {profile no. 3}; but dammit, I can at least be proud that I had the weirdest name of all three...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 12:36 PM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

oh yah, hm, weird, it's been a long time since i've played ETM, you see. weird indeed smile i'll try and check it out later.

as for why mero didnt use it, well, only the one can open the door (made of light) smile

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 12:42 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

He doesn't say he can't make another key. He simply states that once the key is used, it can't be used again. Cain, Able, Merovingian, etc. never went to the source to use the key...........therefore he made another one and Neo could still use it because the original key had not been used.

Nowhere does he state he can't make another key........only that the key to the source can only be used once. Which it was.........where's the problem?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 12:58 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote