KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Another ETM question

Another ETM question
Started by: Noola

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Another ETM question

Okey dokey people,

In ETM, if you play as Niobe {I don't know if the timing is the same for Ghost's visit or not} and beat Seraph then you are taken to see the oracle, during which time she tells Niobe that Neo has already touched the source. Therefore, Neo has already been to see the Architect by this point, and has also already left the matrix with Trinity.

So why, when Niobe leaves, does Smith appear and say he is looking for Neo? Surely by this time Smith and his clones have already confronted him, Morpheus and the keymaker in the programmer's hallway, and it would be stupid for him to assume that Neo would go there again, if indeed there is a "connection" between them. So is this a gaffe in timing, or have I missed something? confused

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 01:45 PM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

good question blink

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 01:47 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, we know that the door to the Architect is opened within about five or six minutes of Niobe and Ghost blowing the power station, so you are right it has all happened by then. Elsewise, though, be careful about saying things that the Oracle says have already happened- obviously it is part of her nature to do otherwise.

Literally speaking Smith never says he is looking for Neo though that is a good assumption.

But it may be that Smith has no accurate idea of where Neo is and is still looking. It may be that Smith is looking for Neo in wherever he turns out to be at the next film. The Hallway, after all, should lead to everywhere in the Matrix.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 02:01 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cusmeister

Well surely there are hundreds of agent smiths. It must take time for info such as "we've found neo" to travel all over the smith network, so maybe the ones who confronted niobe just didnt know yet?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 07:39 PM
cusmeister is currently offline Click here to Send cusmeister a Private Message Find more posts by cusmeister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obba

It's the matrix, lol. I am sure that when you are in the messed building time is all messed up, just like the building. I think that the ETM is very different form the movei, obviously. I think also, that they seemed to have focused too much attention onto Niobe and Ghost in ETM.

Kid- He is broken
Santa- Shut up and take it, besides not like I am getting paid for sending stupid kids like you presents.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 04:24 AM
Obba is currently offline Click here to Send Obba a Private Message Find more posts by Obba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

As ghost, I gave up with trying to fight off the squiddies in the rabbit hole...I shot all that came near me but kept dieing...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 04:35 AM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Maybe he was waiting for the Oracle.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 04:25 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't be. It's a good idea, but Smith definitely says "Perhaps you can help me find HIM"

Fear not, however! For although I may be gone, my memory lives on through my second profile, "Ahnold", the great governor of califohrnia!

In truth, I was not as tough as "Ahnold", and not as cool as "Gus" {profile no. 3}; but dammit, I can at least be proud that I had the weirdest name of all three...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 10:14 AM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

When Niobe meets the Oracle in ETM, the building where Neo went to meet the Architect blew up.
So of course Smith has NO idea where Neo is anymore.

The timeline goes something like this:
Powerplant blows up.
Smith in the Hallway.
Neo meets the Architect.
Niobe and Ghost returns to the Logos.
Neo rescue Trin, jacks out.
Neo stops sentinels and goes into a coma.
Seraph calls up the Logos.
You fight Seraph to meet the Oracle.
Meets Oracle, learns what’s happened.
Run into Smith who is – AGAIN – looking for Neo.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 12:52 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote