KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Joel Silver-Blah Blah Blah

Joel Silver-Blah Blah Blah
Started by: slinger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
slinger
Scifigunslinger

Joel Silver-Blah Blah Blah

Ok, I like Joel Silver but, he talks way too much about how the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions will never be copied. If they can do it, somebody else can too. What do you guys think?

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:20 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

i think joel silver is stuck to a seat somewhere, because on the reloaded dvd he is sitting in front of the same fountain as on the matrix revisited interviews
...if i remeber rightly...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:22 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

well slinger.. they did invent a lot of the stuff they did.. it can be copied.. but the people who did it for the matrix would have to do it.. and that wouldnt reallu be copying cause they are the special fx people who invented it in the first place.... other people could do it but it will prolly take them a while to copy it good.. if they kept making matrix movies (which they arnt) i think they would always be 1 or 2 or 3 steps above everyone else

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:25 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

joe silver can kiss my [SPOILER - highlight to read]: @$$

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:25 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

$$ is wat his is made of

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:26 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

I know it'll take a while to copy it and get it perfect but still, someday somebody will copy it.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:26 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

hey guys, has anyone noticed how blade used almost the same FX than matrix, and then blade 2 used those CG characters as reloaded did?
and blade came out before matrix (both of them)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:28 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

"We have done visual effects for the movie that, because of the time that we took to make them and the cost, will never be seen again. So I really think that the bar has been raised so high that, you know, there is no bar. This will end the way movies have been made up to now, because they can go no further."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:29 PM
forumcrew

hahahaahaha sith, blades fx werent close to matrix.. they may of had a similar idea but no..

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:29 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

I'm gonna get rid of Jay, guys, don't worry.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:30 PM
forumcrew

haha good work

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:33 PM
S_D_J
Bane

ok, of course blade FX don't come close to those of the matrix!!!!!!!!
i'm just saying that they were almost the same (in concept), and came out before matrix, but the matrix FX are the unique.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:46 PM
tshirt

They will be copied, just like bullet time was copied. They will be surpassed, just like Star Wars, Close Encounters, T1, T2 - big jump there, Armageddon, Independence Day, Men In Black, The Matrix and so many others that were ground breaking were surpassed.

It is simply a matter of time. And some money. It might not be this year, but it will happen.

Instead of a 1 mile highway, someone will build a 2 mile highway. Or a 4 square city block. Instead of One Neo fighting 200 Smiths, they will have two gangs or armies with thousands on each side (LOTR?) fighting each other.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 05:58 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

yeah, I agree with Tshirt. It will eventually happen. I still remember how blown away I was when I saw Jurrasic Park in the theatre. Now I'd look at it and wonder what the big deal was. The bars will always be raised. That's just how things work. I can see some things in Matrix one that aren't nearly as well done as they were in Reloaded. Such is life. wink

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 06:07 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Joel "there is no bar" Silver just makes me mad . The Matrix is great, but is not the be all and end all of movies. Eventually, things from the movies will be copied. C'mon - how long will it be before it's, say, Austin Powers vs 1000 Mini-mes

Fear not, however! For although I may be gone, my memory lives on through my second profile, "Ahnold", the great governor of califohrnia!

In truth, I was not as tough as "Ahnold", and not as cool as "Gus" {profile no. 3}; but dammit, I can at least be proud that I had the weirdest name of all three...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 06:11 PM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spydar1982
What Up G?

Thank you I agree. I got bashed for my thoughts on Joel. I have never seen one producer blab his lips so much. He is the cause for the overhype.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 06:12 PM
spydar1982 is currently offline Click here to Send spydar1982 a Private Message Find more posts by spydar1982 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

does anybody agreee with me that his fat @$$ is stuck to a chair somewhere??

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 06:23 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I am the producer, i created the hype...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 07:30 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

hes been sitting on the same chair in front of a fountain for 4 years

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 07:54 PM
S_D_J
Bane

how big is that chair anyway?
with the money he has, it must be made of gold

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 08:56 PM