KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Architect/SOURCE

Architect/SOURCE
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Architect/SOURCE

At the...BEHEST of Ush, i start this topic about the SOURCE and the Architect... As i was saying, i think that the Architects room is the SOURCE, and that the door is like Neos choice, just as the camera zooming in on and then becoming his choice, When Neo opens the door, he is IN the SOURCE, but it is the Architects room. Neo must willingly, conciously make a choice to enter the SOURCE, knowing the consequences. i feel like im rambling, so i will stop there, and allow for comments...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:26 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

but maybe he is led to believe that is the source, therefore, telling morpheus and the crew that the prophecy was wrong...it may not be the true source, just a stop on the road that leads to the source

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:28 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, NEO is told that entering the door to his right will lead to the SOURCE, and Neo figures out that, the Architect is basically using the anomaly to continue the Matrix, he is using the ONE...the ONE is supposed to fight for the humans, but it ends up that he is just the pawn of the Matrix, and THAT is why the prophecy is wrong.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:30 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

ohhh, ok, sorry, i get what youre saying now....im not basshing you, but could you quote the prophecy for me and tell me what is untrue? again im not basshing you, i really would like to know....

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:34 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

oh man...i coulda said it until you asked for it...alright, i gotta check the movie...
"after he died, the Oracle prophesized his return, and that his coming would hail the destruction of the matrix, end the war, bring freedom for his people."

the prophecy is untrue because, like Neo says "the One was never meant to end anything"...now, there are two interpretations to this (the prophecy), either there is ONE, neo, who is meant to end the war, the matrix whereas the other ONES failed, or that the anomaly, the ONE is not meant to be an end to the war, to the matrix, it is just used by the machines to CONTINUE, rather than END, the matrix...this is what Neo was refering to, when he said the one was never meant to end anything

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:46 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The obvious interpretation is the second.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:04 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

exactly, however, it makes you wonder...they dont always take the "wide path", so...we should keep all possibilities open for now.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:09 AM
ITALIAN926

Not following you Jedi. Youre saying that the room is simply the source, yet you confirm that the Architech told him that the door to thr right will lead to the source?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:12 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

ok, you know how, each screen shows one of NEO's possible choices, and when Neo makes a choice, it zooms in onto a screen and becomes a part of the screen? well, im saying that the right door is like that, when Neo opens up the door, he is pulled through it and ends up in the same room. The SOURCE.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:16 AM
ITALIAN926

Im just gonna stay lost ! hahaha

I really have no clue.

If every time, Neo was to open the door in the right, he'd end up in the same room.. over and over. Are you saying his only choice was the door to the left , or else he'd never get out !!?! lmao

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:21 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, im saying that, Neo must, conciously, knowing the consequences, choose to enter the SOURCE. Neo must know the truth, and he must willingly accept to restart the matrix, thus, when he goes through the right door, he is brought back into the room, however, it is different, because NEO knew the choice, and made it. Then the code is removed and the original is put in its place, and Neo goes through the left door to select from the matrix 23 individuals...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:25 AM
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

We already know what the source that they refer to is, it was in Neo's conversation with the Oracle in Reloaded:

Oracle:...and when it does a program can choose to hide here or return to the source.
Neo: The machine mainframe.
Oracle: Yes. Where you must go. Where the path of The One ends.

So, the source would be the root level of the central machine computer system. So the room itself could not be the source - in this sense at least. But it is stated (as Omega informed me) that in ENTER THE MATRIX the Oracle says that Neo's mind touched the source and this is the reason for his coma. Also, the architect says that he is the one who designed the matrix, so he is the source of the programming for that world - which Neo does interact with. (see my posts in the Best evidence thread if you haven't already)

Jedi is right. The prophecy is definitely false. The quote from the movie helps Neo realize this when he realizes that she is the Matrix's "Mother." She and the Keymaker never actually say that they are helping the resistance, but rather that "we are all here to do what we are all here to do." Which is to layout the path for "the One" to follow in order to promote the continuation of the matrix.

So is the architect the source? Of the programming writes, yes, but not the root access that was refereed to. Neither is his room for that matter, I think that has to be a construct outside of the matrix program itself. (again see my posts in Best evidence if you aren't familiar with this argument. stick out tongue)

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:30 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

metamorphisis might be the smartest newbie ive seen yet

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:31 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

That's an interesting theory...

Really. smile

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:32 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

(The Jedi one, not the noob comment)

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:33 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

I dont think I'll understand this.

One of the doors leads to the source * rebuilding of Zion with the 23 individuals...
the other door leads back to the Matrix and Trinity and the destruction of Zion with no chance to rebuild.

Neo chooses the door to the Matrix and was threatened that he'd be responsible for the extinction of every human being on the planet.

Now what youre saying isnt clear to me. Neo didnt choose the rebuilding door with the 23 people.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:33 AM
forumcrew

right.. but the oracle says neos mind touched the source.. so howd he touch the source wihtout taking the door to the right? thats what this is about italian

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:34 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

forum

Thnx for the...errr...compliment? big grin Appreciated, just keep in mind - I'm only new to this forum!! LoL messed

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:35 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

OK, so at the end of the movie Neo and Morpheus are debating why theres still a war. They believed going to the source (the room) would end the war and the prophesy would come true. If Neo chose the OTHER door, this would in fact be true... he WOULD have went to the source... and the war would be over...even if temporary. Zion wouldve been destroyed and the whole cycle starts over for another 100 years.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:42 AM
forumcrew

"after he died, the Oracle prophesized his return, and that his coming would hail the destruction of the matrix, end the war, bring freedom for his people."
thats the prophecy italian...
so it wouldnt come true.. the matrix wouldnt eb destroyed.. the one touching the source was the end of the cycle of control.. starting the cycle over not ending the war and fullfilling the prophecy

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:46 AM