KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo's sight: Is he or isn't he blinded?....

Neo's sight: Is he or isn't he blinded?....
Started by: Metamorphisis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Question Neo's sight: Is he or isn't he blinded?....

After analyzing several of the Trailers, I have found what I would like to present as evidence that Neo does not loose his sight! But rather, is wearing the blindfold to help him focus with his new abilities. The blindfold may actually have even more to do with his coma than anything....

1) Some have thought he was bleeding? I have found no evidence of this in any of the trailers, both official and underground releases. His skin is red, sunburnt like, perhaps from fighting Bain with the EMP gun. No evidence of blood on his eyes.

2) The fight with Bain appears to happen before he meets with Ex Deux -- and he does not wear the blind fold to visit the Machine.

3) Everytime Neo is wearing the blindfold, he is controlling something with his mind in the real world. (Squiddies, the plug that goes into the back of his head...)

4) As Neo and Trin approach the open field on the surface where they meet the squiddies...They have a convo where she says "If you tell me we're going to make it I'll believe you" and He replies "We're going to make it. We have to." At this point he is definately not wearing the blindfold, but moments later when he causes the setinals to blow up, he is wearing the blindfold.

Has anybody seen anything that contradicts this? Have we actually seen him bleeding from the eyes? If so, where? Also explain cronologically how he doesn't need it sometimes, and then needs it at other times through-out the movie as in situation 4 I listed above.

This would support my, and a few others, theories. Mine being that, Neo has gained Super-user access to the machine mainframe by meeting with the Architect, still inside the machines computer system - but not inside the matrix program - and is still somehow connected to the Matrix because he has touched the source. And that is as much of a re-explination as I'm gonna do, read my previous posts for details or email me 'cause I think I'm gonna type it up since I keep getting asked about it! L laughing L

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 04:34 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

A new trailer release that JKozzy posted has given insite that discredits some of my last post. To avoid "spoiling" anything for anybody I will not mention what it is and ask others do not as well. Leave this open for debate by anyone who is interested and DON'T SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS!!!

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 05:29 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Finally found it, Meta! One thing, Number 2 is wrong... He wears it..

Remember - "I won't"?

Yeah, okay.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 10:30 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

This topic ALREADY exits in the FTD!
Closing.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 12:19 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote