KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Smith is "The Zero" but Neo is still "The One"

Smith is "The Zero" but Neo is still "The One"
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Smith is "The Zero" but Neo is still "The One"

The whole smith being "the Zero" thing is kinda cool, and yes it makes sence that the system would try to balance out the equation, however this implies that smith is the machiene equivelent of the anomaly or perhaps the end of the equation that is incomplete. this is probable, but u have to still remember that a machiene (or a program) cannot percieve of infinity it ends up as being Zero, so the whole Zero thing fits but never the less zero is still a number and although it is nothing it still has its limits (even though in numeracal terms the limits are zero) this is sort of a contridiction to itself, even if smith is the opposite of Neo, Neo is still the human part of the equation, and so he can percieve of infinity without the use of "Zero" this means that he has no limits, although Zero also has no numerical limits it is still limited to Zero, where as the human anomaly is not. it is very difficult to explain but let me assure you that smith still is limited to his limitless powers where Neo is not. Even though Neo is "the one" this does not mean that the numerical value that he carries is #1 in acttuallity he is "the infinit" (the one is just the term that the humans use in thier proficies) and because he is the infinit" he has no limits at all, smith however does, i think that u just mixed up the fact that neo's numerical value is not one, thats all..

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 06:02 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Wow dude... I got confused there for a second trying to read your post. But I see what you mean now. Good point.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 06:28 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

messed

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 06:37 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

ok i just thought of this...in a copmuter, the switch has to be FULLY on for it to be a 1, otherwise it reads as a 0...Smith is multiplying, seemingly endlessly...it is like, .999...repeating infinitely...which is equal to one. Neo is the ONE, sort of like he can concieve of ideas beyond that of a machine, thus, his mind can comprehend an infinite set of 9's, making him the ONE, but Smith, though he tries, cannot multiply enough to make infinity, thus, the system reads him as 0...i know its ludicrous, but i thought i would share...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 07:43 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

It's never ludicrous here, Jedi! big grin

Makes sense too...

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 07:45 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

from c5

keanu: ..inter-relativeness, inter-connectiveness, er, consciousness, evolution, erm, self discovery, choice. and larry wachowski says "the infinite and the finite" and i dont know what he means..

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 10:17 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

wow toy story does go deep...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 10:19 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Small problem there, though.
While it’s true that a machine cannot perceive infinity (no HD can contain an infinite amount of data), an attempt at, say, diving by zero, will result in an ERROR or a break-down. The result itself won’t “end up being zero.”
Machines CAN work with the number zero, as long as it’s not a divisor. So mathematically an equation going towards infinity as the divisor approaches zero will NOT go towards zero. That is nonsense.

Smith is multiplying. IF you multiply be zero you GET... zero (a cool math-thing with the entire cloning stuff).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 12:33 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

JediHDM Gets it

good job the whole 99999..... think is a perfect example of what i am talking about, your one of the first people to fully get the whole aspect of ZERO VS INFINITY, as for Omega i agree in math terms zero cannot be divided however JediHDM put it well its not the fact that a computer cannot deal with zero, its simply that the human anomaly can percieve an infinite amount of 9's for example where as a machiene would keep trying to calculate a repeating number and the only rational explination is Zero...Get it?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 06:06 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

.....................YEAH WE KNEW ALL THAT.. whistle

LOL

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 07:55 PM
TheOne101 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOne101 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote