KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » edible programs

edible programs
Started by: spacemnokey108

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spacemnokey108

edible programs

when the maerovingian gives that hot chick the "cake" which is acually a program to make her have an orgasm, it makes you think, in the first one, when the oracle gave neo a cookie, and said, eat it, you'll feel better after, do you think the cookie was a prgram to make him feel better. Or for that matter, a kiss?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 05:39 AM
spacemnokey108 is currently offline Click here to Send spacemnokey108 a Private Message Find more posts by spacemnokey108 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

All these were programs, yes. The Oracle's programs may have been to lead him to the Architect, to give him power in the real world, etc. I don' really know...

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 05:41 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

yeah i think the oracle candy or cookie wasa to enable neo or whoever into those big ass halls..... but since smith is like an agent of the program he already has special shit that does that... that is wut i think... wut do u think?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 05:46 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

we are not sure what those cookies were for...perhaps they were, like the oracle said, to make Neo feel "right as rain"...perhaps they allowed the ONE code to awaken, perhaps she just gave him a cookie...we dont know, however, we are pretty sure it was some coding for some reason...i think it was just to make him feel better, to allow him to make a clearer, more concious decision, making him enter the matrix to save Morpheus...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:12 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Yes, they were all programs. Were any of them made for any other intent like the Mero's? I really don't think it's likely. Neo's already carries the anomaly code -- it's part of who he is. It wasn't placed there by some machine programming wizard -- the machines would just delete it and be happy if that were the case.

quote:
Architect: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent in the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision.....

Architect: Precisely, as you are undoubtedly gathering the anomaly is systemic. Creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations....

Architect: ...she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99 percent of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice, even if they were [u][b]only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level.[u][b]

In these lines taken from the transcript of Neo's conversation with the architect we learn that the anomaly is caused by a mathmatical remainder that is left over from the programming that gives people a choice to believe the matrix. This remainder is "dumped" like a buffer overflow, or a call to stack dump in assembly language programming, and when it is, it is carried by a person. When they exit the Matrix to visit the source, the remainder is deleted from the programming and the equation balances back out. If it were not, then, quite feasably, everyone inside the matrix would become containers for the excess remainders causing chaos inside the matrix.

The mathmatical remainder itself, caused by the anomaly, is what gives Neo his abilities, not a cookie. Neo's birth in the matrix was most likely the mathmatical calculation that called the equation's "dump process" because the level that was reached - thus Neo becomes the anomaly.

We also learn here, the how and the why of the anomaly. Details pertinent to this subject - they have been discussed before and I don't feel like typing them again. Atleast not at this moment....

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:29 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Jedi

That means the code would have to manipulate Neo while he was outside of the matrix. I think the cookie is just that - a cookie. erm

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:30 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spacemnokey108

but what about persephone's kiss, couldnt she be putting code into, or taking code off of neo?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 06:38 AM
spacemnokey108 is currently offline Click here to Send spacemnokey108 a Private Message Find more posts by spacemnokey108 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

im not saying the cookie is putting the code into Neo, he was born with it, im saying that perhaps it awakens that code, allowing the one to realize his potential...and yes, that kiss could have just as easily placed some kind of code into Neo just as easily as it pulled some emotion out of him, so she could "sample"...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 07:29 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Jedi

See my post in the perfect timing thread b/c of comments the Architect said, I really don't see the cookie having anything to do with the code "awakening." By all accounts, it's a traumatic experience that brings about the anomaly within.

The Kiss
I'm not seeing it. Neo does not seem to be affected by it one way or another. The emotion she "pulled" from Neo could have been nothing but a programmatic response to a past experience, simular to how things in our everyday lives can trigger memories and take us back to the emotions we felt. When I see something that supports Neo being at all different after the kiss, then I'll consider it. Anything that has had to do with him that is important has had visible effects on him. I don't reject the possibility - but I don't see evidence really to support it. So I have no further comment on the subject.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 07:37 AM
furryman
honky

wink

Attachment: red.jpg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 01:32 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

The cookie has been PROVEN to be important. In an interview over the net (that is on the official site, can't find it yet...) they stated that the Bros had intended to have a whole scene explaining the significane of the cookie. But, alas, they cut it.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:42 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I agree with Meta; I think it was just a cookie. Well, a virtual cookie, anyway.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

haha, i was thinking of that, nice

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:55 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:57 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
On the site:
virtualMatrix: What is the significance of Neo eating the Oracle's cookie?

WachowskiBros: There was a piece cut out of the movie that explained the significance more. It's hard to explain.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 04:00 PM
MorpheusIsGod

I don't think the candy serves any importance. Some say it was so Neo could enter the hallways, but I point out that to even GET to the oracle, he entered the white hallways w/ Seraph.

BTW, in Enter the Matrix, Niobe and Ghost can enter white hallways, but they received no candy.

I think the candy was just to give the Oracle a funny line.

"I love candy.."

in the middle of a very serious discussion:-D

"I love candy..."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 04:42 PM
MorpheusIsGod is currently offline Click here to Send MorpheusIsGod a Private Message Find more posts by MorpheusIsGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ice_Lightningo3
Operator

If you remember...In Reloaded Neo is given a red candy...He puts it in his pocket...could this be an important aspect in Revolutions?

FINISH THE FIGHT

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 04:54 PM
Ice_Lightningo3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ice_Lightningo3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ice_Lightningo3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

quote:
It wasn't placed there by some machine programming wizard -- the machines would just delete it and be happy if that were the case.[/b]

Are you so sure about that? smile

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 05:00 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Merovingian: Something to eat? Drink? Hmm... of course, such things are contrivances like so much here. For the sake of appearances.
Neo: No, thank you.
Merovingian: Yes, of course, who has time?...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 05:01 PM
spacemnokey108

for persephonies kiss, if you are to turn the volume up really loud, for the second kiss, you can faintly hear the distant sound of the matrix code

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 04:38 AM