KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Last minute post of a Theory for all to view

Do you think this theory is the most likely out of everything that you have heard?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes. I think this is very plausable and makes a lot of sense 1 14.29%
No. I believe in MWAM (Matrix within a Matrix) 1 14.29%
No. I think that Neo is enlightened 1 14.29%
No. I think that Neo ends up in another dimension (The Fire world) 0 0%
No. I believe in (Please post alternate theory) 4 57.14%
I think it's all a dream and Neo's going to wake up. 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last minute post of a Theory for all to view
Started by: Metamorphisis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Last minute post of a Theory for all to view

In less than 8 and a half hours we will be experiencing Zero hour!! My sympthies to all those who cannot part-take. stick out tongue

I just wanted to formally post my theory for all to view easily before the movie is released. It is a overly-simplified view of the technical aspects of how Neo was able to stop the Sentinals at the end of Reloaded, and how he is able to do some of the things he can do in Revo -- like see Smith inside of Bane. So, with less than 8 hours until the 0 hour of the Revolution, here it goes:

We know that the Machine mainframe is the source, as Stated in Neo's conversation with the Oracle in Reloaded:
quote:
The Oracle: Maybe it breaks down. Maybe a better program is created to replace it - happens all the time, and when it does, a program can either choose to hide here, or return to The Source.
Neo: The machine mainframe?
The Oracle: Yes. Where you must go.

However, the Architect declares that he is the one who programmed the matrix, this would make him the source of the matrix program itself. This, I believe is how Neo "touched" the source without entering the source.
quote:
Architect: Hello Neo.
Neo: Who are you?
Architect: I am the Architect. I created the Matrix...

It works like this:
Think of the machine mainframe as a Unix server. Your access flow chart would look like this (Users would be moving from the bottom of the chain up):

Root access at console station
/\
|
root access through network connection
/\
|
Root permissions inside networked shell access (no access to actual root, just the ability to manipulate things as if you were the Admin user)
/\
|
User access with extended permissions (Neo inside teh matrix)
/\
|
User access (all other bodies inside the matrix short of programs)

Hope you followed that because we're now going to use it.

Neo, and all other people inside the matrix, are just users of the system. The program is stored in the buffer of each individual person's pod, so if the system is updated (hardware upgrades, or software update -- like when the anomaly's in the past chose to reload the matrix) there is no temporary loss of connection between those plugged into the matrix and the Machine's Mainframe server.

Neo gained extended permissions inside the Matrix program because of the anomaly code he carries (his subconscious rejected the programming upon birth and is only now coming to fruitation). When he "died", the traumatic experience triggered an extreme manifestation of the code because his mind has already rejected the Matrix, so the matrix, essentially, cannot kill his mind. Once he's gained these "extended permissions" (and his abilities inside the matrix) he starts on the path to the Source, the machine mainframe, and our unix server.

When he visits the Architect, he is also exiting the Matrix program, while still staying connected to the machine computer network. (just as the backdoors appear to be on the outside of the matrix program) By doing this he is entering a "shell account" outside of the matrix program and on the mainframe to communicate with the Architect.

This, and his interaction with the Architect, inadvertently gives Neo root permissions (super user access) on the system. The machines never had to worry about this before, as the anomaly always chose to save the species as a whole, but they understood the possibility of the anomaly choosing to re-enter the matrix. When Neo does this, he does not loose his super-user status, however, and, as he has touched the source, his mind does not completely disconnect from the matrix computer system.

The machines would need a wireless network capability since so many of them are mobile, and yet they all seem to have a central intelligence (the mainframe), so they all know what's going on, both inside, and outside of the matrix.

Because of the implants in the humans that are used to connect them to the matrix, they can pick up on the wireless signal (all metals act as antennea's, it's just a matter of filtering for frequency and interpreting the transmissions), but, their brains do not interpret the signals because it is weak compared to their sensory input, and is not a connection to the Matrix program, but to the actual machine mainframe system (the SOURCE)!! No one has permissions to access anything beyond the Matrix program on the machine mainframe.

Because Neo does gain root access on the Machine Mainframe at the end of Reloaded, he is not locked out of that portion of the wireless signal, so his brain can interpret the data received by it -- thus allowing him to "feel" the Sentinels as he does the Agents inside the Matrix.

The Bane version of Smith has the same root access to the mainframe, so he would know where the sentinels are if he wanted to, say, discharge EMP before the sentinels are within range, AND destroy resistance ships (as it happened at the end of Reloaded).

Also, sentinels would know that Bane is really the program Smith, so they would not kill him upon sight, but rather let him infiltrate the resistance ranks to destroy Zion and kill the Anomaly.

When Neo is blinded in Revo, he is still able to see because of the wireless machine signal that he is recieving. It would be transmitting a sonar like 3D map of the world from whatever reference point you would be standing at. So Neo would be able to see Bane for what he is, Smith, in Revo because, when he is blinded, he see's what the Machines are broadcasting, and they aren't broadcasting the human, Bane, but rather Smith, the program inside of Bane!!

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 06:01 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Can't sleep, must post... stick out tongue

This has been buggin' me, and it helps support my theory so I decided to post it here. Below are two images from the Revo TV Spot Help trailer available for d/l at whatisthematrix.com. I boosted up the contrast, but this was a quick capture using Adobe Premier so it's a little fuzzy. You can view it better from the quicktime trailer if you pause it. I think it looks like a sentinal attacking Neo, and then as it enters him it almost appears to explode?! Just wanted to share

Attachment: squiddy.jpg
This has been downloaded 88 time(s).

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 08:35 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

That was the first frame in that segment of the trailer, and now for the last frame. Something else to note is the BLUE SKY in the segment before this in the same trailer. It shows a mostly clear blue sky and one of the hover crafts crashing to the ground....makes you wonder...they scorched the sky -- why's it not scorched??

Well now I'm going to be getting ready for Revo soon. I'll talk with you all in a few hours!! big grin

Attachment: squiddy1.jpg
This has been downloaded 88 time(s).

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 08:39 AM